BH vs. Dayton

BHFAN

5 minutes ago, bronco pride said:

Please name one. Our all time leader in passing yards was a 5"7 140lb Hispanic kid. The only move in at QB I remember over the last 20 years was a kid named Guilly from Lumberton.

Xavier Frank. 

but honestly wasn't the point at all. I'm saying this is how HS football works. 

The Walter Twins moved into Crosby their 7th or 8th-grade year to play ball at Crosby. 

6 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

Xavier Frank. 

but honestly wasn't the point at all. I'm saying this is how HS football works. 

The Walter Twins moved into Crosby their 7th or 8th-grade year to play ball at Crosby. 

Franks was a nice player but not a QB. Crosby actually beat Dayton that year 28-0 without him. That 09 Crosby team was good.

4 minutes ago, dayton said:

Merka and Ploch were the QB's that year, yes?

Ploch got a concussion against Crosby and Herrera stepped in as a sophomore and finished out the season. Ploch would come in on certain sets and basically won the game against El Campo. Ploch is still one of my favorite Broncos to have watched.

11 minutes ago, bronco pride said:

Ploch got a concussion against Crosby and Herrera stepped in as a sophomore and finished out the season. Ploch would come in on certain sets and basically won the game against El Campo. Ploch is still one of my favorite Broncos to have watched.

ahhh. Right. I remember seeing a replay of the shot where he got the concussion. For sure. He was a bad dude. Quietly had a pretty good college career at Lamar as well. Herrera threw it as well as anyone we've ever had. Good times.

4 minutes ago, dayton said:

ahhh. Right. I remember seeing a replay of the shot where he got the concussion. For sure. He was a bad dude. Quietly had a pretty good college career at Lamar as well. Herrera threw it as well as anyone we've ever had. Good times.

He really did. Kid had heart was coached up and was what high school football is all about. Heard he's a heck of a golfer now.

18 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

I was enjoying that trip down memory lane.

I see your an OU fan , remember Aaron Ripkowski  played for Broncos about 7 years ago ? He was a walk on at OU and started at FB  then went on to play FB for the Packers for two years. In high school he was 4a state champion power lifter. He never played any RB for the Broncos but was the meanest strongest LB I ever seen in HS>

12 minutes ago, jayhawk said:

I see your an OU fan , remember Aaron Ripkowski  played for Broncos about 7 years ago ? He was a walk on at OU and started at FB  then went on to play FB for the Packers for two years. In high school he was 4a state champion power lifter. He never played any RB for the Broncos but was the meanest strongest LB I ever seen in HS>

I remember him, it is amazing what having toughness, heart and courage will do for you in the game of football. Add some strength and athleticism and you have on heck of football player. That is what Dayton Broncos football used to be about.

I have known a couple of coaches that recruited well, but mostly if you are winning and known as a winning coach, kids and parents will move to your district. That is how we got Steve McKinney,  A M, Colts, Texans. He moved from Centerville to Clear Lake cause Kruger won a state championship in basketball, but Steve never played much basketball, just football. He was a player. Win and they will come. I think there are still athletes in Dayton--not a Jerry though. He was special. Kids go through a wall for him, coaches also.