BH vs. Dayton

BHFAN

22 minutes ago, BellBiz30 said:

Even though Dayton is very down this year they still have a chance to beat the hill . They always plays the Hill and Crosby tougher than anyone else it seems .

Truth.

I of course hope that BH puts a good ole fashion butt whooping on the Bronco’s (for all of the ones we have received), but would I be surprised of a loss? Nope, BH better come to get play because it will not be given to us.

4 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

Truth.

I of course hope that BH puts a good ole fashion butt whooping on the Bronco’s (for all of the ones we have received), but would I be surprised of a loss? Nope, BH better come to get play because it will not be given to us.

That’s the truth, every game this year in district we better bring the a-game and play 4 quarters, and i mean every game.

23 hours ago, CCRed said:

I didn't realize they played Santee both ways.  I just don't think that's a good idea in close games. At the end, when games are close, you need your playmakers fresh.  Whether it be for offense or defense. 

The games I've been to Santee helps on the other side alot.  Teams run away from Orebo.  They go away or middle.  Will be a great game Friday. 

10 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

Where was Dayton getting move ins from?

Was Stewart that good of a recruiter?

Wasn't one particular place when you have a rep of being a good football program you get move-ins. Kid wants to play QB but can't play at North Shore looks for a place to go, they used to go to Dayton. Now they might go to BH or Crosby or anywhere else. 

5 minutes ago, IsoSauce said:

I always remember Dayton being a team you never wanted to see in the playoffs. I've been gone for a while and didnt realize Dayton had fallen on such hard times. Hate to see it. 

I think it was 2010 at the Butch, Livingston had them beat in the playoffs. The Lions scored with less that a minute to go to go ahead by 1 or 2 points, It took Dayton less than 30 seconds to go the length of the field to score a TD and win 28-24.

6 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

I think it was 2010 at the Butch, Livingston had them beat in the playoffs. The Lions scored with less that a minute to go to go ahead by 1 or 2 points, It took Dayton less than 30 seconds to go the length of the field to score a TD and win 28-24.

I remember that, and If I'm not mistaken, the Dayton QB threw a dime right thru a Livingston defender's hands. I was sad to see the Lions take the loss, but that was one heck of a high school football game.

15 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

Wasn't one particular place when you have a rep of being a good football program you get move-ins. Kid wants to play QB but can't play at North Shore looks for a place to go, they used to go to Dayton. Now they might go to BH or Crosby or anywhere else. 

Please name one. Our all time leader in passing yards was a 5"7 140lb Hispanic kid. In 3 years at QB he went 3 rounds  twice and a regional final against Brenham.The only move in at QB I remember over the last 20 years was a kid named Guilly from Lumberton.

10 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

The QB that year was Herrera. The kid mentioned below.

7 minutes ago, IsoSauce said:

I remember that, and If I'm not mistaken, the Dayton QB threw a dime right thru a Livingston defender's hands. I was sad to see the Lions take the loss, but that was one heck of a high school football game.

You are correct Sir.

What is sad is that Coach Rowe insisted on putting Livingston's starting Running Back at Safety for that drive because he was their best athlete. He took the starting Safety out of the game who probably at least bats that pass down.