BH vs. Dayton

BHFAN

On 9/23/2018 at 9:41 PM, jayhawk said:

Hopefully Dayton will surprise some of the more arrogant fans this season were not "World beaters" like Crosby but who is. To be honest BHFAN I have no idea how this game will play out,I know the Hill is a well coached team and will be ready to play. Depends what Dayton team shows up we got as much talent as any team in the district but don't always play smart football. If we come out and play like we played Friendswood  we could beat anybody in our district except Crosby. ( FW last I checked was rated 9th in state D1 and would probably beat anyone in our district except Crosby nobody can beat Crosby)  

Hasn’t it been this way now for a couple or 3/4 years now? Could it be coaching?

1 hour ago, Broncopride92 said:

So I am looking at the Schedule and the biggest problem I see this year is that Coach Nations did not schedule any games on Thursday night.  If you guys remember this senior group was really good two years ago playing on Thursdays !!!!! Go Broncos

I see what you did there, that's pretty darn slick...lol.  Two years ago they went 9-1, now they may go 1-9.  Hmmmmmm I wonder what's the problem.

3 hours ago, Broncopride92 said:

So I am looking at the Schedule and the biggest problem I see this year is that Coach Nations did not schedule any games on Thursday night.  If you guys remember this senior group was really good two years ago playing on Thursdays !!!!! Go Broncos

This is great! HAHA I remember reading a couple years ago how great Dayton's JV was. Thought they were suppose to be a super team when they got to the Varsity

5 hours ago, Daytonfan9210 said:

Well In the article they went by yardage not ppg or point Allowed by the defense. 

But if you go with points allowed by the defense I would rather Dayton’s defense who has only allowed an average of 26 ppg vs Crosby who has allowed over 28 ppg. Just saying. 

Gotta remember the defense doesn’t give up pick 6s fumbles returned for touchdowns or safety’s. Which I don’t see happening anymore if the coaches stick with the right offense. 

Playing Manvel skewed Crosby’s defensive numbers. If Dayton had to play them you’re probably looking at something like 77-0 in which case the Bronco defensive numbers would look much worse. Dayton gave up more points to Porter than Crosby did to Manvel, Dayton just has that missed layup against Galena Park on the schedule to help their numbers. BH’s offense isn’t as good as when TW first took over but watch how many points Dayton gives up if the weather allows. 

Dayton can still be a factor by just running the ball and playing solid defense but for whatever reason they still feel like it’s a good thing to average less than 10 yards per pass completion and kill their offense. Dayton just doesn’t have the qb play anymore to try to win games through the air, lean on the rbs to shorten the games and get timely stops. Seems like Nations has other ideas though. 

17 minutes ago, Broncopride92 said:

I saw Dayton’s gunslinger QB the other day in town. He looked like a really good Thursday night lights QB . JS 

Haters will hate, you can get on here all you want and bad mouth anybody you want to, but it would be in your best interests to not bad mouth any players or coaches. 

10 minutes ago, Bronco94 said:

Thank you chorizo that’s what i wanted to say 

Thanks for making my point for me. You said it better than I did. Every kid is not a nfl for college football talent. But they are kids doing what they love. Coaches need to scheme for the talent they have. They are not loaded like the teams of the past. 

4 minutes ago, Broncopride92 said:

Thanks for making my point for me. You said it better than I did. Every kid is not a nfl for college football talent. But they are kids doing what they love. Coaches need to scheme for the talent they have. They are not loaded like the teams of the past. 

I didn’t make your point for you, chorizo did, my point was for you not to run any player down on here or the coach’s, that’s the rules, and my son loves Bronco athletics, Football, Basketball, and Baseball, he has dedicated himself to these Bronco sports to give 100%. 

9 minutes ago, Bronco94 said:

I didn’t make your point for you, chorizo did, my point was for you not to run any player down on here or the coach’s, that’s the rules, and my son loves Bronco athletics, Football, Basketball, and Baseball, he has dedicated himself to these Bronco sports to give 100%. 

Don’t worry broncopride92 must have a relative that they think should be the q.b. Funny thing is a.j. Isn’t a good q.b. But he has just as many passing yards as if not more then some of the great qbs that these other schools have. 

2 hours ago, Daytonfan9210 said:

Don’t worry broncopride92 must have a relative that they think should be the q.b. Funny thing is a.j. Isn’t a good q.b. But he has just as many passing yards as if not more then some of the great qbs that these other schools have. 

I don't think it's a knock on a specific kid, just an analysis of the position. Through two games Dayton's qb was averaging 41.5% completions for two tds and three picks to go with -18 rushing yards. Dayton got significantly more with Baughman, Herrera and even dare I say little Hancock. None of the "great qbs" the other schools have are 0-3 either.  

11 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I don't think it's a knock on a specific kid, just an analysis of the position. Through two games Dayton's qb was averaging 41.5% completions for two tds and three picks to go with -18 rushing yards. Dayton go significantly more with Baughman, Herrera and even dare I say little Hancock. None of the "great qbs" the other schools have are 0-3 either.  

Not at knock at a specific player? He called the specific player out. 

All i I can say is we will wait and see what happeneds. I have seen an 0-3 team go on to win district and go a few rounds deep in the playoffs. 

Yall can hate on a.j. All y’all want. Trust me you aren’t bugging him any. He knows what he can and can’t do. And he knows that he is a dang good qb. 

Freaking weather looks like another turd floater for Friday:( Hey Dayton can you inform your booster club that BH is coming on Friday and there may be a few of us? Last several Trips to Dayton all food was gone by the half! We be hungry in Belvieu!