BH vs. Dayton

BHFAN

Game is at Dayton again this year. BH slipped out of there with a victory last year and it came down to the wire. Both teams were beat up with injuries last year and hope we are both healthier this year. BH stumbled out of the gate this year and Dayton is still looking for win #1. However both teams don’t care and District is here!!! Not sure what to expect this game but know both teams will come to play. Each game this year is a fight for a playoff spot in a tough district.BH by 14

31 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

Game is at Dayton again this year. BH slipped out of there with a victory last year and it came down to the wire. Both teams were beat up with injuries last year and hope we are both healthier this year. BH stumbled out of the gate this year and Dayton is still looking for win #1. However both teams don’t care and District is here!!! Not sure what to expect this game but know both teams will come to play. Each game this year is a fight for a playoff spot in a tough district.BH by 14

You're probably right about the outcome.  It wouldn't surprise me if Dayton doesn't win a game this year.  

Hopefully Dayton will surprise some of the more arrogant fans this season were not "World beaters" like Crosby but who is. To be honest BHFAN I have no idea how this game will play out,I know the Hill is a well coached team and will be ready to play. Depends what Dayton team shows up we got as much talent as any team in the district but don't always play smart football. If we come out and play like we played Friendswood  we could beat anybody in our district except Crosby. ( FW last I checked was rated 9th in state D1 and would probably beat anyone in our district except Crosby nobody can beat Crosby)  

8 minutes ago, jayhawk said:

Hopefully Dayton will surprise some of the more arrogant fans this season were not "World beaters" like Crosby but who is. To be honest BHFAN I have no idea how this game will play out,I know the Hill is a well coached team and will be ready to play. Depends what Dayton team shows up we got as much talent as any team in the district but don't always play smart football. If we come out and play like we played Friendswood  we could beat anybody in our district except Crosby. ( FW last I checked was rated 9th in state D1 and would probably beat anyone in our district except Crosby nobody can beat Crosby)  

If you are referring to my comment as being arrogant, you are wrong. I am basing my opinion off the fact I have seen them play, and like I said, I'm not sure they can beat anyone in this district. At this point, their best chance of a win would be Baytown Lee.  Although, they beat Galena Park, whom Dayton lost to.  

4 minutes ago, CCRed said:

If you are referring to my comment as being arrogant, you are wrong. I am basing my opinion off the fact I have seen them play, and like I said, I'm not sure they can beat anyone in this district. At this point, their best chance of a win would be Baytown Lee.  Although, they beat Galena Park, whom Dayton lost to.  

Time will tell '  were playing on house money now according to you. Good luck we will come visit you in a couple of weeks to settle the score.

45 minutes ago, jayhawk said:

I’m not going to comment on any of your facetiousness but I’ll just point out that Crosby is going to be ranked #4 in D2 and #10 in the overall AP poll when the new rankings come out. Appreciate the compliment. Looking forward to seeing y’all for homecoming in a couple of weeks. 

Score predictions can be subjective but I will say I think this one is over by the time the homecoming queen is crying.   

13 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I’m not going to comment on any of your facetiousness but I’ll just point out that Crosby is going to be ranked #4 in D2 and #10 in the overall AP poll when the new rankings come out. Appreciate the compliment. Looking forward to seeing y’all for homecoming in a couple of weeks. 

Score predictions can be subjective but I will say I think this one is over by the time the homecoming queen is crying.   

Here ye here ye, I second this motion! The hill will in fact take the ponies to the glue factory as well as the rest of the district. But hey good luck Dayton, may the odds be NEVER in your favor!

I’m not one of the Crosby/BH fans that like to see Dayton down but it is what it is. This week’s games being the one month mark into the season I think it’s safe to say that Dayton is clearly the worst team in the district. You should never use the transitive method to compare teams but when you can cross-reference it with a weekly digression then I think it becomes more relative. 

Since playing Friendswood to a respectable defeat Dayton has followed it up with a home loss to Galena Park and a 32 point throttling by Porter. I saw BH play KP in person and it looked like two 6A jv squads going at it but that should still be more than enough to beat Dayton this year so I would give BH the edge in this one. Dayton on the other hand can change the whole outlook of their season with a win Friday, and at the end of the day the Broncos will still have the advantage pretty much everywhere on the field except the sideline. 

With Vidor and Nederland being undefeated off strong non-district performances and PNG getting RJ back I don’t think there’s any way to see this game other than a playoff eliminator. It sucks to have that type of game this early in the season but that’s where the programs are right now. 

9 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I’m not one of the Crosby/BH fans that like to see Dayton down but it is what it is. This week’s games being the one month mark into the season I think it’s safe to say that Dayton is clearly the worst team in the district. You should never use the transitive method to compare teams but when you can cross-reference it with a weekly digression then I think it becomes more relative. 

Since playing Friendswood to a respectable defeat Dayton has followed it up with a home loss to Galena Park and a 32 point throttling by Porter. I saw BH play KP in person and it looked like two 6A jv squads going at it but that should still be more than enough to beat Dayton this year so I would give BH the edge in this one. Dayton on the other hand can change the whole outlook of their season with a win Friday, and at the end of the day the Broncos will still have the advantage pretty much everywhere on the field except the sideline. 

With Vidor and Nederland being undefeated off strong non-district performances and PNG getting RJ back I don’t think there’s any way to see this game other than a playoff eliminator. It sucks to have that type of game this early in the season but that’s where the programs are right now. 

That's actually a fair statement from the  outside looking in, your candor this season is unlike past seasons and I'll give you credit for that- maybe some of your counter parts could exhibit some of your maturity. ---- As of right now  Dayton is tied for first place in the District and flying under the radar.

I’m not counting Dayton out in this game. Yes they have had a terrible last two games, but has had a much needed bye week to get things figured out. The Broncos know that there backs are against the wall and as 14.2 stated this game could be a playoff eliminator. Dayton and BH love to beat each other so they will both come out swinging. With both coming off a bye I exspect a slow start by both teams and it being close by halftime.

Baytown Suns, area stat leaders article is why this is anyone who shows up to plays game. Dayton has a top 5 QB, 2 top 10 running backs, 2 top 10 receivers, a #5 offense, and a number 2 defense out of 32 area teams, so this is why Dayton has a chance to do some damage this year. All we gotta do is quit shooting ourselves in the foot, do our assignments and stay healthy. Broncos got this one. 

I’m thinking the bye week couldn’t have came at a better time. We had plenty of players who needed the break to get healthy again. If our offense comes out and plays the way they played friendswood the first half and porter the second half we will be okay. We have plenty of talent just been making mistakes. Can’t wait for Friday to be here. I think Dayton will surprise some people when they see what they can do when everyone is healthy. Win or lose keep ur headed up boys and play every game like it’s ur last.  #Bronconation

11 hours ago, Bronco94 said:

Baytown Suns, area stat leaders article is why this is anyone who shows up to plays game. Dayton has a top 5 QB, 2 top 10 running backs, 2 top 10 receivers, a #5 offense, and a number 2 defense out of 32 area teams, so this is why Dayton has a chance to do some damage this year. All we gotta do is quit shooting ourselves in the foot, do our assignments and stay healthy. Broncos got this one. 

Dayton is averaging 14ppg on offense. Dayton is giving up over 31ppg on defense. I’m going to go out on a limb and say those numbers aren’t representative of the #5 offense and the #2 defense but the Baytown Sun may use different algorithms for their calculations?

Well In the article they went by yardage not ppg or point Allowed by the defense. 

But if you go with points allowed by the defense I would rather Dayton’s defense who has only allowed an average of 26 ppg vs Crosby who has allowed over 28 ppg. Just saying. 

Gotta remember the defense doesn’t give up pick 6s fumbles returned for touchdowns or safety’s. Which I don’t see happening anymore if the coaches stick with the right offense. 

One of my all-time favor games to watch…. Dayton’s true colors show when the Hill walks into their house. I have seen the Dayton boys really shine when they face BH or Crosby; Dayton gets a little more salty with the hometown rivals. Do NOT even think about under estimating Dayton not when it comes to playing BH or Crosby!

BHFAN has already pointed out some facts about both Dayton and BH, not much to add to that, other than to say, As long as BH O-Line protects, the hands group will work magic. The big question is can the Hills D keep Dayton out of the end zone. The Hill has to be firing off on every cylinder to take home the win. It will be a great game, lot of ups and downs but at the end of the night I’m giving the W to BH.

20 minutes ago, BUDMAN said:

One of my all-time favor games to watch…. Dayton’s true colors show when the Hill walks into their house. I have seen the Dayton boys really shine when they face BH or Crosby; Dayton gets a little more salty with the hometown rivals. Do NOT even think about under estimating Dayton not when it comes to playing BH or Crosby!

BHFAN has already pointed out some facts about both Dayton and BH, not much to add to that, other than to say, As long as BH O-Line protects, the hands group will work magic. The big question is can the Hills D keep Dayton out of the end zone. The Hill has to be firing off on every cylinder to take home the win. It will be a great game, lot of ups and downs but at the end of the night I’m giving the W to BH.

I liked everything you said except you gave the W to the wrong team.

8 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Dayton is averaging 14ppg on offense. Dayton is giving up over 31ppg on defense. I’m going to go out on a limb and say those numbers aren’t representative of the #5 offense and the #2 defense but the Baytown Sun may use different algorithms for their calculations?

Subscribe to the Sun they cover Crosby too.