Crosby at Vidor

Realville

15 minutes ago, MhsTitans said:

Please dont play this card when it was all fun and games to make fun of crosby and im just pointing our the truth atleast the people of Crosby care about the environment they kids go to school in. The good people of vidor wouldn't even pass a bond last year to her their kids out of decaying schools.

Do you have any idea what all was in that Bond Issue?  Was it all necessary, or was there some high dollar improvements that could have been left out?  I don’t know, I don’t live in Vidor, but there must be a reason it failed.  You need to recognize that Vidor has never had a big industrial base in its tax area, unlike Port Arthur, who has two hugh refineries to pay for its schools.  Do they need new facilities?  Sure they do, but items in a Bond Issue need to be prudent.

36 minutes ago, MhsTitans said:

Please dont play this card when it was all fun and games to make fun of crosby and im just pointing our the truth atleast the people of Crosby care about the environment they kids go to school in. The good people of vidor wouldn't even pass a bond last year to get their kids out of decaying schools.

Neither has Nederland for the ump teen years. I have family that live there an it aggravates them also.  I voted yes! That’s all you can do as a citizen. A Hurricane caused our problem, most likely greed caused Crosby’s. Our kids are just fine. The unfinished walkways have been fixed and all the kids should be able to finish the school year despite being traumatized by that mean ole rain. Lighten up.

15 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Do you have any idea what all was in that Bond Issue?  Was it all necessary, or was there some high dollar improvements that could have been left out?  I don’t know, I don’t live in Vidor, but there must be a reason it failed.  You need to recognize that Vidor has never had a big industrial base in its tax area, unlike Port Arthur, who has two hugh refineries to pay for its schools.  Do they need new facilities?  Sure they do, but items in a Bond Issue need to be prudent.

Thank You!

We talkin football? Finance or politics? CISD might be in a bind for now but we'll will get through it. Can't believe I'm hearing folks from Vidor talk about class. Not with the negative stigma that they LEAD the triangle area in. And thats an issue that directly reflects the community and its values. Our elected officials have dropped the ball here recently but the triangle area has had a lack of class IMO for decades. And yall know what I'm talkin bout. So keep it football and root for the kids. Trust no one wants to hear a lecture from one of the country's last sundown towns on class and politics. 

CODE RED!!

Apparently there is a lot of money missing or should we say unaccounted for, the audits they are doing will hopefully find where it went.  The kids are impacted somewhat with buses being over crowded , hiring freeze, and supplies normally people don’t think twice about.  My 7th grader got his iPad though.  Anything at this point in my opinion is speculation until those audit comes back.  Then the ish is going hit the fan.

28 minutes ago, MrFleet23 said:

We talkin football? Finance or politics? CISD might be in a bind for now but we'll will get through it. Can't believe I'm hearing folks from Vidor talk about class. Not with the negative stigma that they LEAD the triangle area in. And thats an issue that directly reflects the community and its values. Our elected officials have dropped the ball here recently but the triangle area has had a lack of class IMO for decades. And yall know what I'm talkin bout. So keep it football and root for the kids. Trust no one wants to hear a lecture from one of the country's last sundown towns on class and politics. 

CODE RED!!

shocked steve harvey GIF

37 minutes ago, MrFleet23 said:

CODE RED!!

Vidor didn’t start the post about Crosby ISD not being able to manage thier funds your Barbers Hill neighbor did. I believe we are allowed to comment about what people post on this forum. Maybe you need to get your facts straight before you start lecturing Vidor.  Maybe you should end your post with Code Pink! Since your so sensitive! By the way I was raised in a biracial family in Vidor an was treated no different than anyone else so you can put that card back in your deck!  Go Pirates!

1 hour ago, CougarCal said:

Apparently there is a lot of money missing or should we say unaccounted for, the audits they are doing will hopefully find where it went.  The kids are impacted somewhat with buses being over crowded , hiring freeze, and supplies normally people don’t think twice about.  My 7th grader got his iPad though.  Anything at this point in my opinion is speculation until those audit comes back.  Then the ish is going hit the fan.

Does that mean when Dayton plays at Crosby in a couple of weeks  we wont be treated to that guy that parachutes in the stadium before the game  -  that's just not right !

18 minutes ago, jayhawk said:

Does that mean when Dayton plays at Crosby in a couple of weeks  we wont be treated to that guy that parachutes in the stadium before the game  -  that's just not right !

Be careful you may hurt someone’s feelings. Don’t be a meanie! That is pretty Funny!  You know that say “ Laughter is Food for the Soul!” 

54 minutes ago, Realville said:

Vidor didn’t start the post about Crosby ISD not being able to manage thier funds your Barbers Hill neighbor did. I believe we are allowed to comment about what people post on this forum. Maybe you need to get your facts straight before you start lecturing Vidor.  Maybe you should end your post with Code Pink! Since your so sensitive! By the way I was raised in a biracial family in Vidor an was treated no different than anyone else so you can put that card back in your deck!  Go Pirates!

Didn't play a card just stating facts. Pick a search engine type in sundown town Texas and you fine folks pop-up. That's what your known for sorry not sorry. 

Main reason why we should just keep it football. And as far as football  goes. Crosby has the last victory and is favored to kick butt again this Friday on your own field. Again sorry not sorry.

16 minutes ago, MrFleet23 said:

Didn't play a card just stating facts. Pick a search engine type in sundown town Texas and you fine folks pop-up. That's what your known for sorry not sorry. 

Main reason why we should just keep it football. And as far as football  goes. Crosby has the last victory and is favored to kick butt again this Friday on your own field. Again sorry not sorry.

That was a very long time ago.   Lets get back to football.

22 minutes ago, MrFleet23 said:

Well heck if it’s on the internet it must be true! I saw on the internet the other that Elvis is still alive. Besides the 10 years I lived in Port Arthur where I was born and 6 years I served in the military I have lived in Vidor 34 years so I am sure I don’t know what I am talking about Code Pink. Sounds like you got it all figured out. Go Pirates!!

6 minutes ago, Realville said:

Well heck if it’s on the internet it must be true! I saw on the internet the other that Elvis is still alive. Besides the 10 years I lived in Port Arthur where I was born and 6 years I served in the military I have lived in Vidor 34 years so I am sure I don’t know what I am talking about Code Pink. Sounds like you got it all figured out. Go Pirates!!

Just know Code Pink is slated to smash the Butt Pirates AGAIN this year. LOL You know...according to the internet and folks who know a lil bit about football. 

17 minutes ago, MrFleet23 said:

Just know Code Pink is slated to smash the Butt Pirates AGAIN this year. LOL You know...according to the internet and folks who know a lil bit about football. 

Yea , y’all have really just smashed us the 2 times we’ve met. Lol! 1 and 1 against us. Don’t worry the Pirates will be  wearing thier camouflage hunting jerseys looking to take out Code Pink. Oh you said Butt! That hurt my feelings! Now that’s more like it Code Pink!

1 hour ago, Realville said:

Yea , y’all have really just smashed us the 2 times we’ve met. Lol! 1 and 1 against us. Don’t worry the Pirates will be  wearing thier camouflage hunting jerseys looking to take out Code Pink. Oh you said Butt! That hurt my feelings! Now that’s more like it Code Pink!

I was only at the last match up that WE won. I'd have to refer to the unreliable internet in order to get any stats from any game prior to that. I just know there were complaints on here about Crosby returning a interception for a TD after yall were soudly beaten. The Butt Pirates were Butt hurt about that. Lol 

On 9/23/2018 at 0:01 AM, Cougar14.2 said:

I really don’t have anything for you statistically? Like CCRed says, rushing statistics aren’t necessarily comparable when you’re playing Vidor. I can give you my perspective though. 

In order for Crosby to make it a no doubter I think they need to turn Vidor over a time or two and hold them to less than 4ypc, anything short of that probably makes the game more interesting than Crosby fans would like. That’s factoring in bad field conditions, if it’s nice enough for Crosby to throw it around the yard I think things become tougher for the Pirates. To get close to answering your question I’ll say this run defense is as good as the one we leaned on to get to get to the semifinals. 

Against WOS in the rain Crosby ran for 333 yards on 48 carries and had five rushing tds scored by five different players. The reason I feel bad weather may favor Crosby is because Vidor does a bunch of misdirection/slight of hand type stuff that becomes more difficult with a wet ball. I honestly believe Crosby can pound Vidor into submission with the run game if need be which is one of the advantages of being this largest school in the district. 

What I would be concerned with most playing Crosby is that they haven’t come close to putting a complete performance together yet. 

The players and coaches actually said the bye week hurt them more than helped them. It killed all of their momentum. Rio should have them focused for district. I thought the New Caney game was complete game but that’s jmo