Crosby at Vidor

Realville

1 hour ago, Cougar239 said:

Elgin, Ridge Point, Cedar Park, FB Marshall and PNG... all either went to Regional Finals or farther the year they beat Crosby in a playoff game. So I'm not sure what your opinion of "good" is. 

I didn’t say that any of those teams were bad. The point was that if Crosby is supposed to be on that level or above then they would have beat them.

7 hours ago, bigdog said:

I didn’t say that any of those teams were bad. The point was that if Crosby is supposed to be on that level or above then they would have beat them.

They were definitely on their level, the better performing team just happened to win that night. Ridge Point was an opponent that should have been 6A (switched classes the following season) at the time. The PNG game came down to a last possession outcome. Elgin probably was the only team better then them the year they played.

I haven't been on this thread since it was only 3 pages. Wow. Things have taken a turn. I wish I could say for the better. But some of you guys, man... have some class. Unfortunately, it can't be taught. Neither can heart. I try not to take offense to people saying they don't want to live in Vidor. Keeps the traffic to a minimum. Personally, I love this little community.  It's a community of mostly hardworking folks that get up every morning and tend to business. It's a bedroom community much like Orangefield, Bridge City, etc. People live here because it's neighboring the big industrial cities and the commute isn't so bad.

I'll tell you another thing...you folks that live and walk like you're high and mighty...you're not. In my travels, I can tell you that people are pretty much the same all over. Don't believe me? Go to any Walmart, lol. Hell, I saw a rough looking lady walking on Boston Avenue in Nederland this week.. tank top, dirty jeans, no shoes. And I was like..Jeez, did she walk all the way from Vidor like that? A little self-depreciation is humbling. To those of you running down this little town, I hope you're joking. I love my neighborhood, and my community as a whole (well mostly...not too far north, and not too far south.) Especially during football season. I walk out my front door on Saturday mornings... pretty much all the men are doing yardwork, kids are riding bikes, the Cowboys flags get put out next to our American flags.

Point is - Having a standard of living doesn't equate to high standard of life. The poorest..absolutely poorest people I know..only have money.

Back on topic -

I'm pulling for Vidor, but I know it won't come easy. They will have to play a near flawless game. Might have trouble breaking away for 60, but 10, 6s work out the same way. Speedy teams...You just keep punching them in the mouth, and knocking them on their butts, and they will get tired of picking themselves up. Control the tempo, take care of the ball, take care of each other, and miracles happen everyday.

50 minutes ago, TenaciousK said:

I haven't been on this thread since it was only 3 pages. Wow. Things have taken a turn. I wish I could say for the better. But some of you guys, man... have some class. Unfortunately, it can't be taught. Neither can heart. I try not to take offense to people saying they don't want to live in Vidor. Keeps the traffic to a minimum. Personally, I love this little community.  It's a community of mostly hardworking folks that get up every morning and tend to business. It's a bedroom community much like Orangefield, Bridge City, etc. People live here because it's neighboring the big industrial cities and the commute isn't so bad.

I'll tell you another thing...you folks that live and walk like you're high and mighty...you're not. In my travels, I can tell you that people are pretty much the same all over. Don't believe me? Go to any Walmart, lol. Hell, I saw a rough looking lady walking on Boston Avenue in Nederland this week.. tank top, dirty jeans, no shoes. And I was like..Jeez, did she walk all the way from Vidor like that? A little self-depreciation is humbling. To those of you running down this little town, I hope you're joking. I love my neighborhood, and my community as a whole (well mostly...not too far north, and not too far south.) Especially during football season. I walk out my front door on Saturday mornings... pretty much all the men are doing yardwork, kids are riding bikes, the Cowboys flags get put out next to our American flags.

Point is - Having a standard of living doesn't equate to high standard of life. The poorest..absolutely poorest people I know..only have money.

Back on topic -

I'm pulling for Vidor, but I know it won't come easy. They will have to play a near flawless game. Might have trouble breaking away for 60, but 10, 6s work out the same way. Speedy teams...You just keep punching them in the mouth, and knocking them on their butts, and they will get tired of picking themselves up. Control the tempo, take care of the ball, take care of each other, and miracles happen everyday.

I was totally onboard with you until you said Cowboys flag. Lol

9 minutes ago, camsdad said:

I was totally onboard with you until you said Cowboys flag. Lol

Hey! You and Bootleg both... line up or pair up, I don't care. :)

but seriously...I love that about my neighborhood. if it's not Dallas flags, it's UT, or aTm .. it's like walking out in Pleasantville. Wives borrow sugar, the pits and smokers are going on the weekend during football season, the atvs get loaded up... just the little grandeur of it all that make you appreciate your blessings.

15 minutes ago, TenaciousK said:

Hey! You and Bootleg both... line up or pair up, I don't care. :)

but seriously...I love that about my neighborhood. if it's not Dallas flags, it's UT, or aTm .. it's like walking out in Pleasantville. Wives borrow sugar, the pits and smokers are going on the weekend during football season, the atvs get loaded up... just the little grandeur of it all that make you appreciate your blessings.

Sounds exactly like my neighorhood except we fly Pirate Flags !

12 minutes ago, CoogGuy said:

I think it's comical that y'all think Crosby is soft.  Good Luck Pirates!

Oddly enough, I find it comical that you're so hard for them.

Shots fired. I'm kidding... hey it's a game. Someone will win. Someone will lose. Sometimes, you can even win by losing as long as you leave it all on the field and can live knowing there is absolutely nothing else you could have done to change that game. There are invaluable lessons in sports...beyond the results on the score board.

1 hour ago, CoogGuy said:

I think it's comical that y'all think Crosby is soft.  Good Luck Pirates!

IKR, Crosby is far from soft.

I don't think it is the toughness that will give Crosby problems tonight, it is simply the style of offense. It is tough to defend the Slot-T wen it is run well by a good group of athletes.

With the weather and field conditions this could be a matter of taking care of the ball.

I still think Crosby wins, but a lot of factors are in Vidors favor.

1 hour ago, CougarCal said:

Whoever wins the coin toss takes the ball.  They probably score and then it is answer time.  Got to protect the ball always, but especially in this one.  Crosby’s defense has to be disciplined and get a couple of stops early.  27-15 on muddy miserable field.

CODERED ROLLS

Crosby defense has had problems this year with stopping the run but once the DC figured out the opponents offense they took control of the game.  I think he figures Vidor out early simply because they run the same formation,  same plays repeatedly. Crosby wins this one rain or shine by at least 17+ if Rio doesn't call the dogs off . 

We've played Crosby three times in recent history...all in the playoffs. All three at neutral sites, all three in the playoffs, two were close games that could go either way. Disrespect us if you want but you're coming to a fired up Boneyard that LOVES to barbeque KITTIES! Vidor 28 - Cosby 24 in a good one! Parking is an issue but the west side of the stadium is usually reserved for the visiting fans. If not, there are big parking lots north side of the school with a short walk there.

22 minutes ago, MBaller#1 said:

I’m going with Vidor and the upset I think the grass field will win this game for the pirates remember when they beat that high powered P.A. Memorial team on that grass field a few years ago muddy grass field might I add.

That's a lie. The field was dry. PAM lost because of other things. Not because of field conditions. 

6 hours ago, Cougar239 said:

They were definitely on their level, the better performing team just happened to win that night. Ridge Point was an opponent that should have been 6A (switched classes the following season) at the time. The PNG game came down to a last possession outcome. Elgin probably was the only team better then them the year they played.

Interesting point.   Doesn't the better performing win, not "just happened", but usually does win? Seems to be the whole point we play the games.  

If it wasn't,  we'd just all realize that Crosby is the Mecca and we shouldn't even suit up.  It would be so much cheaper as well.  Kill two birds with one stone for CISD.

33 minutes ago, robanadana said:

That was one of the best games of football I have ever seen a Pirate team play. Period. Four out of five times Memorial beats us but not that night. A Jeff Mathews masterpiece.

Oh definitely was a good game. My only dispute is the "wet field" which it was not.