Crosby at Vidor

Realville

6 hours ago, ScubaSteve said:

I’m worried about all those dang penalties we commit. It seems that we always have too many for the same old that things & new stupid stuff. 

Also, I’m sure hope we don’t spot them a lead.

BTW by looking at the satellite images of VHS field were the heck do you park? I never been there it looks like I need to be early & walk & walk & walk some more...

Go Coogs!

Visitors park at the Market Basket in town which is about 2 miles. You can usually walk it in about 20 minutes if your a fast walker. Be careful about parking on the side of the roads. They usually give tickets to all visitors that park on the side of the road.......Just messing with you. There is visitor parking across the street from the stadium but with Crosby being as big as it is I am sure it will fill up quick. After that it’s every man for himself! Good Luck

8 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I really don’t have anything for you statistically? Like CCRed says, rushing statistics aren’t necessarily comparable when you’re playing Vidor. I can give you my perspective though. 

In order for Crosby to make it a no doubter I think they need to turn Vidor over a time or two and hold them to less than 4ypc, anything short of that probably makes the game more interesting than Crosby fans would like. That’s factoring in bad field conditions, if it’s nice enough for Crosby to throw it around the yard I think things become tougher for the Pirates. To get close to answering your question I’ll say this run defense is as good as the one we leaned on to get to get to the semifinals. 

Against WOS in the rain Crosby ran for 333 yards on 48 carries and had five rushing tds scored by five different players. The reason I feel bad weather may favor Crosby is because Vidor does a bunch of misdirection/slight of hand type stuff that becomes more difficult with a wet ball. I honestly believe Crosby can pound Vidor into submission with the run game if need be which is one of the advantages of being this largest school in the district. 

What I would be concerned with most playing Crosby is that they haven’t come close to putting a complete performance together yet. 

There’s no doubt that a wet muddy field is a disadvantage for Vidors offense. Vidor has yet to put together their best game. Some of it due to execution and some of it missing injured players. I believe everyone will be available an healthy for Friday except a key lineman. Hopefully both teams put it together Friday Night and we have a great game.

I agree that Vidors offense suffers in the mud. Not so much because of fumbles but because it relies on quick cuts. 

A spread team should have the advantage because afterall the recievers know their routes and the defense does not. Someones always open if even for a brief moment and timing is crucial.

Rain, Rain go away...................

17 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Evidential, Visor has gotten a lot better since I've seen them.  But at the end of the day, all Vidor has is the big FB, and he can go.  But  Vidor will fight and Matthews will have a few tricks, but it won't be enough.  

The MECCA - 45

Black Pearl - 24

Vidor must of found a HB after the Silsbee scrimmage because he is pretty darn good from what I've seen. I havent had a chance to watch the fullback because he has been out all year until last week and I didn't go to that game. 

5 minutes ago, Bootleg said:

Vidor must of found a HB after the Silsbee scrimmage because he is pretty darn good from what I've seen. I havent had a chance to watch the fullback because he has been out all year until last week and I didn't go to that game. 

Vidor has 5 or 6 backs that will get the ball. Some will make a cut an be gone and some will just run over you. I don’t where someone has gotten the idea we have one  good back. I’ve been to every scrimmage and game an that’s what I’ve seen.

11 hours ago, CCbigfan said:

The players and coaches actually said the bye week hurt them more than helped them. It killed all of their momentum. Rio should have them focused for district. I thought the New Caney game was complete game but that’s jmo 

New Caney is probably the best game we’ve played to date but we missed a couple tds on the offensive side and New Caney had too many receivers running open in the secondary to really feel good about that one. NC’s qb just couldn’t consistently put it on the receiver plus they had some drops, one of which was a for sure TD.

I agree that the bye week wasn’t as beneficial as it should’ve been, seems like the kids spent more time enjoying themselves and talking trash on social media than they did refocusing on their next opponent. On the other hand, I feel like Vidor is catching Crosby at a bad time. 

18 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Crosby has one turnover the entire season and has beaten two perennial title contenders in games where it rained at some point. Barbers Hill came into the Boneyard and beat Vidor 40-6 on a field in such poor condition they didn’t even allow their band to march. 

Crosby had trouble once with Vidor and now he coaches at Tomball. Last time Crosby played Vidor they only got to run 28 offensive plays, four of which were punts, and scored 33 points. Vidor ran 73 offensive plays and scored 22 points with no turnovers per the Chronicle. Once again, that defense was also a few notches below this one especially when it comes to run defense. Rain may help Crosby, Vidor actually threw for 84 yards last matchup. 

You mention the BH game from 2 years ago? The same season we ran well against you on turf and was in the playoff game until the end.

"Rain will help Crosby"???  The rain and field conditions nearly always favor the best running team.  When was the last time you played on wet grass?

I realize SETX board rule #100 is a Cougar fan must reply in every thread.  How sweet it will be if Vidor pulls it out.

Winner of the TO battle will win the game.

Vidor - 34

Crosby - 30

5 minutes ago, Curelover32 said:

You mention the BH game from 2 years ago? The same season we ran well against you on turf and was in the playoff game until the end.

"Rain will help Crosby"???  The rain and field conditions nearly always favor the best running team.  When was the last time you played on wet grass?

I realize SETX board rule #100 is a Cougar fan must reply in every thread.  How sweet it will be if Vidor pulls it out.

Vidor - 34

Crosby - 30

I believe a muddy field does favor Crosby, the mud hurts the pulling lineman and the cuts the backs make. The running game that it helps is straight ahead power running games, that Vidor has not showed but may have. The muddy field also makes it difficult to cover receivers. This is why the BH game a couple of years ago turned out the way it did. 

Heart hopes Vidor wins, head says Crosby.  Best chance for Pirates is limiting the penalties and no turnovers.  Hoping the game turns out something like OU vs Army with a different result.  Keep the ball away, (OU limited to 40 plays) and control the clock, (Army had the ball for almost 45 minutes).

56 minutes ago, vp93 said:

I believe a muddy field does favor Crosby, the mud hurts the pulling lineman and the cuts the backs make. The running game that it helps is straight ahead power running games, that Vidor has not showed but may have. The muddy field also makes it difficult to cover receivers. This is why the BH game a couple of years ago turned out the way it did. 

BINGO ! 

1 hour ago, Tim Riggins said:

Heart hopes Vidor wins, head says Crosby.  Best chance for Pirates is limiting the penalties and no turnovers.  Hoping the game turns out something like OU vs Army with a different result.  Keep the ball away, (OU limited to 40 plays) and control the clock, (Army had the ball for almost 45 minutes).

Yea in order to compete,  a lot of the military academies run the slot T offense because it’s a good equalizer against the bigger schools with all the 4 and 5 star recruits. 

10 hours ago, Curelover32 said:

Vidor - 34

Crosby - 30

You didn’t run well on Crosby last game and they weren’t in it until the end. Vidor was down 12 at the half and didn’t score again until there was 1 min left in the 3rd quarter, Crosby scored 3 mins later to go back up by 11 and Vidor never got back inside double digits until Crosby ran a safety out of the back of the end zone to kill the clock. 

Just becuase Vidor runs the ball a lot doesn’t mean they’re s better running team than Crosby. In two meetings Vidor has 125 rushing attempts for 662 yards, Crosby has 46 rushing attempts for 507 yards. Crosby averages over double what Vidor does per attempt. Nobody cares about the wet field, it’s just makes y’all even slower. Meanwhile you proved my point, BH slaughtered Vidor on a wet grass field yet Vidor played Crosby better on a turf field later.

No matter the weather conditions I think Crosby comes in and makes a statement to open district play. 

This is when I say Vidor is one of those weird schools, let me explain:

When they play Ned or PNG 99% of the time it’s a W for the mid county schools. Why? Cause the offense Vidor runs is old hat, usually when it’s a Vidor W it’s by a FG or a beat up injured team and maybe by a TD. Simply put this area knows the Vidor slot T, however, would I write of Vidors slot T against a school that isn’t use to it? No. While I think Vidor can beat Crosby but lose to Ned or PNG is what I mean by a “weird school” I don’t think Crosby just walks off with this W easily. Of course field conditions will affect both teams. A wet field will make fumbles a nightmare for team that runs 99% of the time so Vidor will have to secure the ball. 

I think it’ll be a close game, don’t write off the Vidor offense unless you’ve played against it a lot. It’s different, but I thinks Crosby will overcome with a W but in a nail bitter. Just my opinion. 

6 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

You didn’t run well on Crosby last game and they weren’t in it until the end. Vidor was down 12 at the half and didn’t score again until there was 1 min left in the 3rd quarter, Crosby scored 3 mins later to go back up by 11 and Vidor never got back inside double digits until Crosby ran a safety out of the back of the end zone to kill the clock. 

Just becuase Vidor runs the ball a lot doesn’t mean they’re s better running team than Crosby. In two meetings Vidor has 125 rushing attempts for 662 yards, Crosby has 46 rushing attempts for 507 yards. Crosby averages over double what Vidor does per attempt. Nobody cares about the wet field, it’s just makes y’all even slower. Meanwhile you proved my point, BH slaughtered Vidor on a wet grass field yet Vidor played Crosby better on a turf field later.

No matter the weather conditions I think Crosby comes in and makes a statement to open district play. 

All Hail to Mecca of Football who is 1 and 1 against little Ole Vidor with the same amount of State Championships as Vidor....Zero! Lol!!

17 hours ago, Tim Riggins said:

Have to agree Tim.  Head one thing, heart another.  And Jmo, but a wet, muddy field probably hurts a Slot T offense worse than any other.  Still, since Crosby hasn’t had but one TO all year, maybe they’ll do some catching up Friday.  If they do, it’ll be interesting.