Jasper @ LaMarque

Bulldogs92

20 hours ago, JasperDAWG said:

While I love the enthusiasm with the score predictions (and of course I think/want the DAWGS get a win) and La marque not being the same as they were during that remarkable run they once had. It is still La marque and they gonna strap up and bring it come game time. Jasper needs that.  

This game has absolutely all of the makings of a TRAP game for the Bulldogs...

LaMarque is better than their 0-4 record and they have lots of athleticism, just go watch their Hudl highlights. 

Jasper is riding high and full of confidence...rightfully so....but Jasper has a very, very long bus ride to play a team everyone thinks they should easily beat and it will be easy for them to get complacent.  Nothing would make LaMarque's season like beating the now #2 ranked team in 4A Div II. 

Keep focused Jasper and play hard every play of every game.  This Jasper team has the potential to be special if they keep their focus through November and hopefully December 

5 hours ago, OldBallCoach said:

This game has absolutely all of the makings of a TRAP game for the Bulldogs...

LaMarque is better than their 0-4 record and they have lots of athleticism, just go watch their Hudl highlights. 

Jasper is riding high and full of confidence...rightfully so....but Jasper has a very, very long bus ride to play a team everyone thinks they should easily beat and it will be easy for them to get complacent.  Nothing would make LaMarque's season like beating the now #2 ranked team in 4A Div II. 

Keep focused Jasper and play hard every play of every game.  This Jasper team has the potential to be special if they keep their focus through November and hopefully December 

I agree, they always have the athletes, but they are not the same as the 90's and early 00's teams. They were already on a somewhat downward slide before the merger and haven't really stopped it since.   But they always have that dangerous breakaway threat.

6 hours ago, Bulldogs92 said:

It's interesting how DCTF has Jasper ranked #2 in 4A-DII, but they're not getting votes yet in the 4A AP poll. I guess we won't see that unless we beat WOS next Friday, which is far from a given. Records don't matter when we play those guys. 

Unless it has changed, I think the AP poll is sports writers across the state, from big cities.  They do not often have a clue.  Remember one year Jasper had an athlete ranked 7th best senior in the USA by RIVALS.  But was not picked at all on AP all-state teams.  No credibility at all in my mind for the AP at least as relates to small schools.

On 9/24/2018 at 5:30 PM, aTmfan06 said:

Like I stated... Jasper should have no problem here. Trap game or not 

So jasper went all the way to 146 to play a team they wouldn't have  sign up to play a few years ago. Just like Mayweather they wait until the opponent has seen their better days then want to fight. Because if the coach had a spine could have went right down the road a rumble with newton instead of running to Galveston. 

This game was probably scheduled at least a couple of years ago when LaMarque was more competitive and we've got WOS next week. Barbay is doing a better job of scheduling than he has in the past. I don't think he's scared of Newton at all. He's part of the Newton family and it's probably not something he wants to do for that reason.  I'd love to see it happen, but I'd be surprised if it does other than the scrimmage every year.