Crosby 35 West Orange-Stark 24/FINAL

WOSgrad

11 minutes ago, Grapemist said:

#2 did play the 2nd half...

Shhhh... your ruining the narrative. Don’t you know Crosby’s wins have been flukes NC/Manvel weren’t good and WOS has lost three games!!!! 

Crosby hasn’t played anyone everyone has been down this year we’ve played. 

And all those underrated teams in our district that loss games to underrated opponents with fluke losses in other games are the “actually good” football teams. 

9 minutes ago, jayhawk said:

My bad - I know he was playing lights out first half - just don't remember seeing him seconding half after he came out limping in the second quarter.

all good i mean watching Dayton you can keep track of the numbers real easy because either they are so slow that its always visible (Dayton) or you get 10-11s to see who scored the TD because they like to use juke moves before they bust the 60 yarders. 

8 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

all good i mean watching Dayton you can keep track of the numbers real easy because either they are so slow that its always visible (Dayton) or you get 10-11s to see who scored the TD because they like to use juke moves before they bust the 60 yarders. 

Cant make any sense out of your verbage ? maybe your trying to be clever or something - hang in there !

Not really impressed with the win but I’ll take lol, I know it’s hard to run a spread offense in a downpour but Crosby just didn’t look like they were motivated to play at all. Going forward teams will figure out  that Crosby’s online can’t pass block. We are a running team period, these receivers can’t get open and Howard is actually looking to get the ball to these guys. Howard looked average tonight. With that being said it feels great to be 3-0 after playing 3 of the top defenses in the area. 

1 hour ago, Goblin said:

4A D2 is a hot mess this year. The defending champs Pleasant Grove lost tonight 37-44. Perennial favorites Gilmer, Cuero and Wimberley all have lost. WO-S will be fine. Jasper, Giddings and Sweeny are 4-0 and should be the biggest competition for the 4A D2 R3 title.

3A Gladewater 44 ----  4a Pleasant Grove 37

45 minutes ago, CCbigfan said:

Not really impressed with the win but I’ll take lol, I know it’s hard to run a spread offense in a downpour but Crosby just didn’t look like they were motivated to play at all. Going forward teams will figure out  that Crosby’s online can’t pass block. We are a running team period, these receivers can’t get open and Howard is actually looking to get the ball to these guys. Howard looked average tonight. With that being said it feels great to be 3-0 after playing 3 of the top defenses in the area. 

Agreed.  I’m not impressed either but was it WOS defense or our fault. IMO if WOS doesn’t wear down they win, our offense struggled. I’m impressed with WOS. I’ll take the win  

Does anyone know if WOS player that went to ambulance is ok?

34 minutes ago, CCbigfan said:

I’m with you all the way but like you said, at the end of the day we still have to consider the body of work to date. The rain was certainly a factor but if Crosby wants to get rid of that front-runnin/finesse stigma these are the type grind-it-out wins we need to pile up. I think the o-line will be fine, WOS’ dbs caused most of the problems you saw up front. They looked pretty much like NC did in the secondary. I also think that was the best overall defensive unit left on our schedule and we’re talking about the offense scoring 35 points in the rain. 

41 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I’m with you all the way but like you said, at the end of the day we still have to consider the body of work to date. The rain was certainly a factor but if Crosby wants to get rid of that front-runnin/finesse stigma these are the type grind-it-out wins we need to pile up. I think the o-line will be fine, WOS’ dbs caused most of the problems you saw up front. They looked pretty much like NC did in the secondary. I also think that was the best overall defensive unit left on our schedule and we’re talking about the offense scoring 35 points in the rain. 

Will you please get in touch with Keenan Watson on Facebook so he'll leave me alone about it lol

These are quality loses.against some really gud teams.our kids show that they can play with anybody.it just makes them better.even after disastrous 3rd qtr our kids still hung tough.i can guarantee you there aren't many teams that can give Crosby that many opportunities and hold them to 35 points.every drive was started in w.o territory.ik it's kinda hard to see but our kids are getting better.all the 2nd half t/O and that up tempo took a toll on the defense. #2 At QB is getting a lil better for us.that will payoff up the road.not to knock the kid #9 but the game is to fast for him.horrible INTS.3rd lost from self inflicted wounds.but at least some of our kids are growing up.which is a big positive.

33 minutes ago, dj said:

These are quality loses.against some really gud teams.our kids show that they can play with anybody.it just makes them better.even after disastrous 3rd qtr our kids still hung tough.i can guarantee you there aren't many teams that can give Crosby that many opportunities and hold them to 35 points.every drive was started in w.o territory.ik it's kinda hard to see but our kids are getting better.all the 2nd half t/O and that up tempo took a toll on the defense. #2 At QB is getting a lil better for us.that will payoff up the road.not to knock the kid #9 but the game is to fast for him.horrible INTS.3rd lost from self inflicted wounds.but at least some of our kids are growing up.which is a big positive.

Yall will be fine man, I honestly dont see why yall couldent see another state run in the near future. The defense was great, I haven't seen kids tackle that well in a good while. I think ol C.T. puts glue on your boys gloves lol

9 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

For the second game in a row Crosby comes out and looks surprised their opponent is actually there to engage in a contest? Still trying to figure out WTH that is about? Heaven forbid we show up and play like this next week in Vidor with their ability to shorten games on Crosby. 

Still a very salty and resilient win by Code Red. WOS could’ve very well been the best team left on our regular season schdule but we’re playing with fire. To compound tonight’s slow start Crosby decided it would be a good night for the referee to practice his casting motion. Crosby is notorious for holding, WOS played great defense and got multiple holding calls that Crosby normally gets away with to go their way. 

With all that being said Crosby couldn’t be in a better position heading into district play. 

*FB Marshall goes for two on the first possession in OT tonight and beats Manvel 52-51 tonight. After a scintillating non-district performance I think it’s safe to say 5A-D2 region 3 will be won by Manvel, FB Marshall, A&M Consolidated or Crosby. 

Just looked at projected forecast for Bmt, Wed thru Fri - 70%, 60%, 60%.  If the game stays in the Boneyard, it’ll be the mud bowl.  On the plus side for Crosby, if they beat Vidor, they’ll win the coveted “Best in Orange County Award” lol.  Sounds like turnovers will make ya or break ya, and Vidor had quite a few tonight (in the mud at LCM).  They do that against Crosby, it’ll be a long night for the Pirate faithful.  On a good day, on a good field, I think this would be a great ballgame.  Only because Crosby has had a little trouble with the Slot T.  

Seems like everyone is full of excuses.  Last week WOS had all sophmores. They where rebuilding. This week Crosby was playing in the rain. WOS gave Crosby everything they could handle.  Crosby is a 5A school with almost three times the kids WOS has. They should beat them every year.  Even if Crosby is having a bad year. They haven't used that excuse yet. But as per WOS they have all sophmores as of last week, and maybe they do. My point is, 5A should beat  small 4A school every year. Stop acting as if you defeated Rome!! 4A should beat 3A. Honestly I believe Crosby has a good team, WOS has played great teams and should have lost by comparative school size. Except to Newton and they are the eighth wonder of the world. As WOS was 2 years ago. I think you should stop making excuses and give credit where it's due. And evaluate your own team fairly. Crosby should have beaten WOS much worse, but they could not, because they aren't good enough. WOS is underated. Which probably a blessing. Keep it real.

Was a good ball game tonite , sitting in the rain and all.

WOS still has two tough games coming up Jasper and Silsbee, They are battle tested and should be fine. Lookong forward to those games. Hope we didn’t come out too banged up from last night.

Crosby has a good football squad. I wish them continued success, as they represent our region. They need to cut out the dumb penalties, that could hurt going forward. They might get beat up pretty bad on holding calls if they run into the wrong zebra crew.

18 minutes ago, MMstangfan said:

Was a good ball game tonite , sitting in the rain and all.

WOS still has two tough games coming up Jasper and Silsbee, They are battle tested and should be fine. Lookong forward to those games. Hope we didn’t come out too banged up from last night.

Crosby has a good football squad. I wish them continued success, as they represent our region. They need to cut out the dumb penalties, that could hurt going forward. They might get beat up pretty bad on holding calls if they run into the wrong zebra crew.

WOS, will beat Jasper and Silsbee

12 hours ago, Crosby fan said:

I agree but flat out taunting when you just barley got the lead and have been struggling

I’m not a West orange fan and I wasn’t putting your football knowledge into question by assuming you never scored a TD. I was simply just giving an opinion that it’s an overwhelming feeling for a young person to score and sitting in the stands with family and friends , I don’t personally get offended by someone celebrating , unless like I said they take it too far. The fact that they are kids , if anything , should be more of a reason to allow them to celebrate , it’s the NFL players who are professionals who I could totally get behind penalizing more severely for taunting because they set an example for our kids , but as far as on Friday nights a 16 year old high stepping into the end zone doesn’t offend me or my family so my opinion is that taking away the touchdown is severe and cruel punishment for something that’s not really that bad.