Warren at Hardin 9/28

GoFundMe

15 hours ago, hornetsdad said:

Its always apparent to me that people on the board come after Hardin posters about what they have or have not done over recent times, but I do not see anyone on this board coming after warren or anahuac lack of success, maybe because there's no warren or anahuac posters at all ? I think its all fun and good, but was just noticing this to be true.....heck maybe there aren't just but a couple warren/anahuac members on this website ?

There are a few Warren posters on this site. Not very vocal as we've been down for quite a while..I've pretty much moved away from making comments and now mostly just post scores...I think the reason you see folks bashing on Hardin more so than Warren and Anahuac is because a few Hardin folks like to claim playoff spots starting in July..They also claim automatic wins versus teams like Anahuac, Warren, Kountze etc. even though Hardin has a historically lower win percentage than these schools..I pull for underdogs so I hope Hardin, Warren and Anahuac someday turn things around and all become contenders at least. Those kids and towns could certainly use it! 

18 hours ago, LC_throwback said:

Slot T and run right at you works until you play bigger, stronger, faster athletes. If some of the better setx teams developed a real passing game, I think you would see longer playoff runs. Rather than see people getting bumped in the first or second round. But if you have the Jim's and Joe's to run the ball, no reason to throw. 

Hardin 42 Warren 7

Agree to Disagree on your first statement. Brock who is at state almost every year runs a form of the Slot T. As well as the defending 4A D2 state champs Pleasent Grove. It takes Discipline and good tackling to stop a GOOD Slot T team.

5 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

Agree to Disagree on your first statement. Brock who is at state almost every year runs a form of the Slot T. As well as the defending 4A D2 state champs Pleasent Grove. It takes Discipline and good tackling to stop a GOOD Slot T team.

There are more than just those.  Slot T is very difficult to stop when done correctly.  When you combine either a really good defense or an offense that could also score quickly if need be...you almost can't beat it.

4 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

There are more than just those.  Slot T is very difficult to stop when done correctly.  When you combine either a really good defense or an offense that could also score quickly if need be...you almost can't beat it.

Yeah those were just the ones that came to mind lol

4 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

Yeah but alot of ppl see it as "boring". Honestly I like watching it

So do I.  Don't get me wrong.. I appreciate a good spread game as much as the next man but misdirection and/or pound it will always be my favorite.  I also understand displaying and using athleticism when you have it..but I'm a fan of clock control.  Call me old fashioned I guess

18 hours ago, hornetsdad said:

Its always apparent to me that people on the board come after Hardin posters about what they have or have not done over recent times, but I do not see anyone on this board coming after warren or anahuac lack of success, maybe because there's no warren or anahuac posters at all ? I think its all fun and good, but was just noticing this to be true.....heck maybe there aren't just but a couple warren/anahuac members on this website ?

Warren supporters do exist.  It is just hard to comment much on a football thread when there is not much to comment on.  Believe me, I hope that one day, we will be relevant.  Until then, we will compete every Friday the best we can and take the whippings like a man.  Being everybody's Homecoming game sucks!

13 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

It is possible to say that a team is bad but not be pointing out or talking about any individual players.  This PC crap is infecting everything.

i didn't really understand his comment. i kind of thought thats what he meant, but was not sure. I think we are not bad, but i do believe we have a ways to go. If we were bad, we would not be 3-0 no matter how bad the competition was. if we were bad, we would not be picked by some to finish 4th or 5th in this district...but that's not saying we are good by any means either.  

10 minutes ago, hornetsdad said:

i didn't really understand his comment. i kind of thought thats what he meant, but was not sure. I think we are not bad, but i do believe we have a ways to go. If we were bad, we would not be 3-0 no matter how bad the competition was. if we were bad, we would not be picked by some to finish 4th or 5th in this district...but that's not saying we are good by any means either.  

First of all.. I wasn't talking/referring to/about you.  I was talking about the guy that accused another guy of "trolling 16-18 year old kids" for simply referring to this game as a toothless dog fight.

However, if you must know, you're wrong.  Being 3-0 doesn't make you a good team.  As of right now you guys haven't beaten a single team that has won a game.  Not one.  That may not change after this week. It does matter how good/bad the competition is.  Fact is..Hardin MIGHT finish 4th or 5th in a district that never gets past round 3.  I'm sorry to say but that doesn't equal good team.  I have no doubt that the kids play hard and that they are suprising some people.  But the suprise went from "they'll finish 2nd to last" to "they will likely get 5th..maybe even 4th".  Don't take it personal.  They're exceeding the pre-season expectations but still not considered a good team.

16 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

First of all.. I wasn't talking/referring to/about you.  I was talking about the guy that accused another guy of "trolling 16-18 year old kids" for simply referring to this game as a toothless dog fight.

However, if you must know, you're wrongBeing 3-0 doesn't make you a good team.  As of right now you guys haven't beaten a single team that has won a game.  Not one.  That may not change after this week. It does matter how good/bad the competition is.  Fact is..Hardin MIGHT finish 4th or 5th in a district that never gets past round 3.  I'm sorry to say but that doesn't equal good team.  I have no doubt that the kids play hard and that they are suprising some people.  But the suprise went from "they'll finish 2nd to last" to "they will likely get 5th..maybe even 4th".  Don't take it personal.  They're exceeding the pre-season expectations but still not considered a good team.

re-read my post. i did not say we were good. i just said we were not bad. there is still a difference right? i mean bad would be that team everybody kills no matter who you play. only one team beat hardin last year before the game even started it was over. the other 9 games were either wins or losses that were lost in the 4th quarter. i wasn't around, but i do have access to maxpreps, this site and articles, as well as listening to what my coach friend says we did last year. once again, i am by no means calling hardin "us" good, but i'm just saying we are not bad either....

1 hour ago, oldschool2 said:

It is possible to say that a team is bad but not be pointing out or talking about any individual players.  This PC crap is infecting everything.

No PC card pulled here.. Calling a high school team bad is no issue.. calling a team toothless, no fight, no talent dogs is over the top in my opinion..Given your long track record of posting on here I'm sure you won't agree but whatever.. it's your opinion..I've said my piece .. 

17 minutes ago, scat_trap said:

hornetsdad, I just looked up your coaching staff.  With as much as y'all throw the football is there even really a need for a tight ends coach?

i dont know what you mean. we dont throw the ball a lot. i believe the RB is leading the area in yards/td's rushing for the classification ? i guess we throw it some

1 hour ago, hornetsdad said:

re-read my post. i did not say we were good. i just said we were not bad. there is still a difference right? i mean bad would be that team everybody kills no matter who you play. only one team beat hardin last year before the game even started it was over. the other 9 games were either wins or losses that were lost in the 4th quarter. i wasn't around, but i do have access to maxpreps, this site and articles, as well as listening to what my coach friend says we did last year. once again, i am by no means calling hardin "us" good, but i'm just saying we are not bad either....

Being 3-0 doesn’t mean you’re not bad.  I’ll guarantee you that it could’ve just as easily been 0-3 with a difference of preseason scheduling.  Coach Haynes did a good job putting together a schedule conducive to winning.  I’m also pretty sure that Hardin was in a district last year that didn’t win a single playoff game.  I need to double check but I think I’m remembering that correctly.  So that’s not a good argument for you to make.