Warren at Hardin 9/28

GoFundMe

6 minutes ago, Billontherig said:

Even if you not the guy... you should know the guy. Great journalism 

I'm just saying that your comment is inaccurate. There are teams 4A and down that throw the ball.

Besides, your first comment said all of Southeast Texas but you knew that was a false statement so you crawfished.

7 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

It's easy to throw a ton of yards against air, which is essentially who Hardin has scheduled. It will be interesting to see how their 300 yard per game average translates to opponents like EC and Woodville.

It won't translate very well vs. those opponents, but it will translate okay vs the bottom 5/6 team of the district. That's the crazy thing about this district. It's top 3 and then its wide open for the 4th spot. I'd say right now, Hardin is the favorite to finish out Top 4. We should know a lot more in the next couple weeks.

41 minutes ago, hornetsdad said:

It won't translate very well vs. those opponents, but it will translate okay vs the bottom 5/6 team of the district. That's the crazy thing about this district. It's top 3 and then its wide open for the 4th spot. I'd say right now, Hardin is the favorite to finish out Top 4. We should know a lot more in the next couple weeks.

I think so too. Woodville, EC, and Organefield should be locks. I think Buna is the favorite to win the 4th spot, but would not be shocked to see anybody but maybe Warren get there. Buna has played a tougher schedule than Hardin, thus far.

Slot T and run right at you works until you play bigger, stronger, faster athletes. If some of the better setx teams developed a real passing game, I think you would see longer playoff runs. Rather than see people getting bumped in the first or second round. But if you have the Jim's and Joe's to run the ball, no reason to throw. 

Hardin 42 Warren 7

17 hours ago, Billontherig said:

I was just talking about fun to watch they make big plays passing almost every game. Every other game I have been to is just boring run run punt run run score... but the game is over quicker.

Listen, unwad your panties and relax.  It almost sounds like you coach there. 

Coach Haynes calls some great 7 on 7 plays and sometimes they connect and sometimes they don't.  I'd personally like to see them pound more with their bigger back but that's just me.

Hardin is the only place I've ever seen that has a banner for a 7 on 7 state championship with all the other UIL sport accolades and where the head coach brags about taking teams to the state 7 on 7 championships.  They should beat the snot out of Warren.  I think, however, it's going to be a different story whenever they start to play tackle football teams like Orangefield and East Chambers.

42 minutes ago, scat_trap said:

Listen, unwad your panties and relax.  It almost sounds like you coach there. 

Coach Haynes calls some great 7 on 7 plays and sometimes they connect and sometimes they don't.  I'd personally like to see them pound more with their bigger back but that's just me.

Hardin is the only place I've ever seen that has a banner for a 7 on 7 state championship with all the other UIL sport accolades and where the head coach brags about taking teams to the state 7 on 7 championships.  They should beat the snot out of Warren.  I think, however, it's going to be a different story whenever they start to play tackle football teams like Orangefield and East Chambers.

I think part of the problem, much like Warren is Hardin has been the smallest 3a school competing in their respective alignment for a very long time. I am learning this from a few of the coaches and doing my own research but how a team like Hardin with its enrollment continues to battle up against schools just about twice their size has really blown my mind. Its not an excuse, but this misfortune one would have to endure after all these years is an uphill climb that few can win consistently. Even if having 100-180 more kids like the other schools only produces 1/4 more athletes, thats a few more than what Hardin will always have year in and year out = which I think is a recipe for mediocrity. Am I wrong for thinking that ? And yes I know there's nothing you can do about it. UIL is always the champ.

Its always apparent to me that people on the board come after Hardin posters about what they have or have not done over recent times, but I do not see anyone on this board coming after warren or anahuac lack of success, maybe because there's no warren or anahuac posters at all ? I think its all fun and good, but was just noticing this to be true.....heck maybe there aren't just but a couple warren/anahuac members on this website ?

47 minutes ago, hornetsdad said:

Its always apparent to me that people on the board come after Hardin posters about what they have or have not done over recent times, but I do not see anyone on this board coming after warren or anahuac lack of success, maybe because there's no warren or anahuac posters at all ? I think its all fun and good, but was just noticing this to be true.....heck maybe there aren't just but a couple warren/anahuac members on this website ?

I think it’s because of the big hype that occurred when Haynes came back and Starks leaving. Just a guess. 

14 hours ago, hornetsdad said:

I think part of the problem, much like Warren is Hardin has been the smallest 3a school competing in their respective alignment for a very long time. I am learning this from a few of the coaches and doing my own research but how a team like Hardin with its enrollment continues to battle up against schools just about twice their size has really blown my mind. Its not an excuse, but this misfortune one would have to endure after all these years is an uphill climb that few can win consistently. Even if having 100-180 more kids like the other schools only produces 1/4 more athletes, thats a few more than what Hardin will always have year in and year out = which I think is a recipe for mediocrity. Am I wrong for thinking that ? And yes I know there's nothing you can do about it. UIL is always the champ.

I'm going to agree with you.  I think Haynes does a good job with the kids. It's tough being one of the smaller schools in your classification.