STJFL DOING WHATEVER THEY WANT

CardinalRed55

From what I hear, Port Arthur is playing with kids that are living and that are going to schools outside of Port Arthur WITHOUT a waiver. Specifically the Jr Red head coaches kid. I was told it went to the STJFL ethics committee and President, and they seem to think its no big deal. Why do we even certify if we aren't going to follow the rules. BC was held accountable and harsh punishments were handed down, but nothing for PA? Give me a break. It seems like some associations get hammered and others just get swept under the rug. Guess its no coincidence that the head of the ethics committee is the PA president...…...how is nothing going to be done about a blatant rule violation. Basically they are telling everyone, go play wherever you want, we wont do anything about it. Or maybe only PA can do whatever they want. 

I have heard a couple of excuses

1. Hurricane Harvey displacement. Kids go to a mid county school but they let them play in PA still due to Harvey

2. A legacy waiver (whatever that means). 

Either way it is bending the rules. STJFL in it's own by laws state UIL rules dictate all play and participation eligibility rules unless otherwise stated by STJFL. It is appeasement plain and simple. 

SECTION 6. STJFL Registration Policy: Any association that is a charter member of the STJFL will be required to hold an open registration. Open Registration - allowing any child in the associations outlined boundaries an equal opportunity to register for participation in the league. No selecting of individual children will be permitted, no calling of certain individuals to allow them to sign up first will be permitted, and it must be equal for all. Each association must turn in dates, times and locations for at least two or more registrations to the STJFL board prior to registration starting. Any member of the STJFL may attend an association's registration unannounced. Registration must be held open until at least June 15th, it may be held open longer at the discretion of the individual association.

SECTION 4. All participants will be certified according to the school in which they attend. In the case where a school district has more than one elementary or junior high, the STJFL board will make a determination as to how the charter association will have to split the participants in their association. The Board of Directors board will consider size of community, locations of schools, school boundaries, etc. while making its determination. Any child that attends a private schooled must be certified in the district they live in. No child will be allowed to play outside of their school district without a waiver from the STJFL Board. The STJFL Board will consider any exceptions or special considerations. Waivers to the Section 4 certifcation process must be approved by 2/3 majority vote of a board that meet a Board Meeting Quorum.

Port Arthur ISD

Booker T. Washington Elementary

DeQueen Elementary

Dick Dowling Elementary

Lucian Adams Elementary

Robert E. Lee Elementary

Tyrrell Elementary

Wheatley Elementary

William B. Travis Elementary

Thomas Jefferson Middle School

Abraham Lincoln Middle School

Tekoa Acadamy

Bob Hope

St. Catherine

Sam Houston Elementary

2 hours ago, Stjflcoach said:

Stjfl only gives out punishment if u upset Juan .... so pa will have nothing happen to them same to the  other things that have went against the By laws .... lift the rug and cover it’s sucks 

A good friend of mine was the PNG STJFL guy for years.  You'd be surprised at the crap they pull. so go after people.

2 hours ago, aki1994 said:

1. Hurricane Harvey displacement. Kids go to a mid county school but they let them play in PA still due to Harvey

Either way it is bending the rules. STJFL in it's own by laws state UIL rules dictate all play and participation eligibility rules unless otherwise stated by STJFL. It is appeasement plain and simple. 

SECTION 6. STJFL Registration Policy: Any association that is a charter member of the STJFL will be required to hold an open registration. Open Registration - allowing any child in the associations outlined boundaries an equal opportunity to register for participation in the league. No selecting of individual children will be permitted, no calling of certain individuals to allow them to sign up first will be permitted, and it must be equal for all. Each association must turn in dates, times and locations for at least two or more registrations to the STJFL board prior to registration starting. Any member of the STJFL may attend an association's registration unannounced. Registration must be held open until at least June 15th, it may be held open longer at the discretion of the individual association.

SECTION 4. All participants will be certified according to the school in which they attend. In the case where a school district has more than one elementary or junior high, the STJFL board will make a determination as to how the charter association will have to split the participants in their association. The Board of Directors board will consider size of community, locations of schools, school boundaries, etc. while making its determination. Any child that attends a private schooled must be certified in the district they live in. No child will be allowed to play outside of their school district without a waiver from the STJFL Board. The STJFL Board will consider any exceptions or special considerations. Waivers to the Section 4 certifcation process must be approved by 2/3 majority vote of a board that meet a Board Meeting Quorum.

Port Arthur ISD

DeQueen Elementary

Dick Dowling Elementary

Lucian Adams Elementary

Robert E. Lee Elementary

Tyrrell Elementary

Wheatley Elementary

Tekoa Acadamy

Bob Hope

St. Catherine

Sam Houston Elementary

lol

6 minutes ago, BMF said:

hahahaha no they don't, or that's what they tell me at least

Except for the kid in my son's class at Woodcrest in Port Neches who told me his mom was called and asked for him to play in PA for PA Red instead of playing for PN-G. I asked him why he wasn't playing this year and that was the response I got. 

I really don't care but they can't say it don't happen. Just like the two twin boys that are Steven Jackson's nephews. They played for PA and went to school at Ridgewood in PN. 

4 minutes ago, aki1994 said:

Except for the kid in my son's class at Woodcrest in Port Neches who told me his mom was called and asked for him to play in PA for PA Red instead of playing for PN-G. I asked him why he wasn't playing this year and that was the response I got. 

I really don't care but they can't say it don't happen. Just like the two twin boys that are Steven Jackson's nephews. They played for PA and went to school at Ridgewood in PN. 

yea I understand, who really cares? The fact that they wont admit it is what everyone is on here talking about.

4 minutes ago, BMF said:

yea I understand, who really cares? The fact that they wont admit it is what everyone is on here talking about.

I don't care personally. I am with you. There are examples everywhere and they will come on here making all kinds of excuses. It is entertaining. 

4 minutes ago, aki1994 said:

I don't care personally. I am with you. There are examples everywhere and they will come on here making all kinds of excuses. It is entertaining. 

yea its is, and getting all upset and wanting to move kids schools during the year, its dramatic for the kids, seeing how that's who we are here for anyway. seems like some teams want to fuel their adult ego.

8 minutes ago, BMF said:

yea its is, and getting all upset and wanting to move kids schools during the year, its dramatic for the kids, seeing how that's who we are here for anyway. seems like some teams want to fuel their adult ego.

Kind of like Vidor wanting us to forfeit and take a game away from the kids because of a decision made by a board and out of the teams control. 

20 minutes ago, aki1994 said:

They played in TYFA now they returned to STJFL and they playing in PNG this year. 

7 minutes ago, BMF said:

nah I think what everyone is saying is stjfl president juan is scared of PA. Not helping lol

The same Juan that banned the PA PW team 4 years ago ? Sorry it's not adding up. One person stats that a parent off PA RED PW was called and asked to play but ppl say The PW Blk team is the stacked team. Ppl all over the place looking for a reason. 

4 minutes ago, SugeKnight of Deathrow said:

The same Juan that banned the PA PW team 4 years ago ? Sorry it's not adding up. One person stats the a parent off PA RED PW was called and asked to play but ppl say The PW Blk team is the stacked team. Ppl all over the place looking for a reason. 

I wasn't involved in any of this when PA was banned a few years back. So I wont pretend I know what that was about. I'm not sure people are looking for a reason or excuses, they are just tired of not only PA, but a few other schools getting away with questionable practices. All of PA teams are good, doesn't excuse the fact that rules are being bent or broken. Like I said, PA isn't the only one, I personally know a few others, but this thread is about the first comment that started it.

9 minutes ago, BMF said:

I wasn't involved in any of this when PA was banned a few years back. So I wont pretend I know what that was about. I'm not sure people are looking for a reason or excuses, they are just tired of not only PA, but a few other schools getting away with questionable practices. All of PA teams are good, doesn't excuse the fact that rules are being bent or broken. Like I said, PA isn't the only one, I personally know a few others, but this thread is about the first comment that started it.

3 hours ago, aki1994 said:

Port Arthur ISD

DeQueen Elementary

Dick Dowling Elementary

Lucian Adams Elementary

Robert E. Lee Elementary

Tyrrell Elementary

Wheatley Elementary

Tekoa Acadamy

Bob Hope I'll help  you out this is the school the kid attended and received his last report from last school year to. So either way Harvey or the By laws the kid covered looks like to me. 

St. Catherine

Sam Houston Elementary

39 minutes ago, BMF said:

hahahaha no they don't, or that's what they tell me at least

41 minutes ago, aki1994 said:

Everyone knows PA stacks teams, hand picks kids and petitions for waivers every year. They don't need to in order to win but it happens. 

41 minutes ago, aki1994 said:

Everyone knows PA stacks teams, hand picks kids and petitions for waivers every year. They don't need to in order to win but it happens. 

34 minutes ago, aki1994 said:

They played in TYFA now they returned to STJFL and they playing in PNG this year. 

9 minutes ago, SugeKnight of Deathrow said:

You are correct to assume that, however the parent or coach has to declare when a child moves schools. By your account, I can have a LCM report card, move to BC over the summer and still play for LCM, not how that works.