Silsbee 48 Bridge City 14/FINAL

WOSgrad

No knock on anyone,  it I saw some good looking completed passes and even an accurate incomplete pass from the sophomore, R. Foster.  If there is a threat passing, the run game will look like it did.  But BC just didn't have any threat whatsoever on defense.  No speed or tacklers so it was easy.  Now BC has the Lara kid on offense and he was grinding.  Yes a load once he gets going.  

But they needed that win.  Like I said before, the meat of the schedule is over and the wins will be more plentiful now.  Still gotta cut down on those silly penalties like holding BEHIND the play, roughing the kicker and too many men in the field.  Smh.  Gotta get a lot of thing cleaned up because we'll need to be playing our best to knock off WO-S and Liberty....

10 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

No knock on anyone,  it I saw some good looking completed passes and even an accurate incomplete pass from the sophomore, R. Foster.  If there is a threat passing, the run game will look like it did.  But BC just didn't have any threat whatsoever on defense.  No speed or tacklers so it was easy.  Now BC has the Lara kid on offense and he was grinding.  Yes a load once he gets going.  

But they needed that win.  Like I said before, the meat of the schedule is over and the wins will be more plentiful now.  Still gotta cut down on those silly penalties like holding BEHIND the play, roughing the kicker and too many men in the field.  Smh.  Gotta get a lot of thing cleaned up because we'll need to be playing our best to knock off WO-S and Liberty....

Yeah... Liberty “maybe,” but Im starting to doubt that you guys can handle WOS this year.  

Good luck, though 

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

Yeah... Liberty “maybe,” but Im starting to doubt that you guys can handle WOS this year.  

Good luck, though 

You can give us a comparative report after next week’s game.  I have gone back and forth on this myself (Silsbee or WOS in that district).  I was leaning Silsbee but the loss last night may have been the Mustangs’ most impressive outing of the season thus far.  If they get a passing game together at all, going to be tough for Silsbee to score with them.   Silsbee’s pass defense has been more than a little suspect from what I hear.  

4 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

You can give us a comparative report after next week’s game.  I have gone back and forth on this myself (Silsbee or WOS in that district).  I was leaning Silsbee but the loss last night may have been the Mustangs’ most impressive outing of the season thus far.  If they get a passing game together at all, going to be tough for Silsbee to score with them.   Silsbee’s pass defense has been more than a little suspect from what I hear.  

Pass defense was shreaded in the PN-G and Newton game and rightfully so.  2 D-1 QB's with Newton having a d-1 receiver.  Against Nederland, Sulzberger secondary had 3 int's and last night, an impressive int including some hard hits from the secondary...  I think they've grown since the first 2 games...

26 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Pass defense was shreaded in the PN-G and Newton game and rightfully so.  2 D-1 QB's with Newton having a d-1 receiver.  Against Nederland, Sulzberger secondary had 3 int's and last night, an impressive int including some hard hits from the secondary...  I think they've grown since the first 2 games...

Just to be accurate, the Newton QB is a D-1 recruit, but not at QB. He will play defensive secondary at TCU.

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

That pretty much sums it up for me. Hanging with Crosby and having a comparatively better game against Newton makes me feel more and more like WOS is the man to beat this year. I expect a competitive contest, but a win nonetheless. 

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Just to be accurate, the Newton QB is a D-1 recruit, but not at QB. He will play defensive secondary at TCU.

I already know that,  it all of his passes were dead in accurate and he had wheels to evade pressure.  He's a d-1 athlete playing QB, therefore, at the high school level, a D-1 QB.  

31 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I already know that,  it all of his passes were dead in accurate and he had wheels to evade pressure.  He's a d-1 athlete playing QB, therefore, at the high school level, a D-1 QB.  

Nah... I disagree. A D-1 QB prospect is a kid that you expect to play qb at that level. 

If the kid was a D1 qb talent, he’d be under center next year. Great athlete, good qb. Not a D1 qb, apparently.