Top Jobs in SETX (10 years)

Tigers2010

9 hours ago, LC-M said:

Agree with you at certain point. But imo if you got a guy that makes a 100k year that go 0-10 on a regular basis and the program never shows life of improvement why not save the tax payer some money and just pay a guy 30 to 40k less. I rather give our teachers a pay raise then pay a huge amount to AD if the program is mediocre.

Just exactly how much are you implying that teacher salaries will increase by saving 30-40K on a head football coach?  You realize that school districts employ a whole bunch of teachers, right?

There’s no question that education is of the utmost importance..but a school’s athletic program is usually the heartbeat of a school.  Extracurricular activities are the sole reason that a huge portion of students have a reason to be their best.  That includes keeping their grades up.  By saying that basically slapping the athletic department in the face so that the teachers can make a few hundred dollars (literally) extra per year is really how I see the problem with priorities in most area schools.  This area.

4 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

Just exactly how much are you implying that teacher salaries will increase by saving 30-40K on a head football coach?  You realize that school districts employ a whole bunch of teachers, right?

There’s no question that education is of the utmost importance..but a school’s athletic program is usually the heartbeat of a school.  Extracurricular activities are the sole reason that a huge portion of students have a reason to be their best.  That includes keeping their grades up.  By saying that basically slapping the athletic department in the face so that the teachers can make a few hundred dollars (literally) extra per year is really how I see the problem with priorities in most area schools.  This area.

30 to 40k probaby wouldn’t be a large raise for teachers. But I wonder how much tax money it would save in 10 years?