Top Jobs in SETX (10 years)

Tigers2010

12 minutes ago, One4All said:

Who do you think... Do you belive its your beloved Tigers......  Are you wishing for a new Leader

Not from Silsbee, there are many, many Tiger mascots all over the country, high school and college.

I would probably say West Brook or PNG, but there are several other quality jobs. Not everything is a conspiracy to get people fired or stir up trouble. It is just a good conversation...

8 minutes ago, The Icon said:

Hasn’t he been coaching for almost 30+ years?

Some metro area head coaches in their first year make that much 

hes been our head coach 10 years. But if you look at the area he makes probably the most in 4a and probably in the top 5 or 6 in the area. I wouldn't think we would hire coach without any kind of experience.

4 minutes ago, Yeoj said:

We don't even have an AD anymore. They are splitting those duties with the HCs and Principals. Plus BISD was paying around $90K to three HCs when there were three schools. 

That's probably the best thing. I never liked the idea of having a AD then a Head football coach

On a serious note, I must say that if BISD is paying $115 then the West Brook job looks much more inviting. Does anyone know if now with just two schools are all the middle schools zoned direct to one high school? In other words if WB coach knows which student athletes are coming his way he can setup his systems at the MS levels. This has been a big issue before in BISD. 

11 minutes ago, badndn said:

Clearly Barbers Hill

Just ask Westerberg!

I think he’s talking about across the river. I would say PAM is the best job in SETX if your primary goal is winning games. When you factor in pay, athletes and facilities it’s hard not to look at it like Harrison did. His starting pay was $109,100, he has FBS talent to spare and he gets to play home games at Turner stadium. 

Westeberg probably makes north of $140k but I would be willing to bet there’s 40+ coaches in the Houston area that make at least $110k. It’s tough to lure a good coach without a paycheck unless he’s a homegrown guy when schools like Caney Creek pay their coach  $110k+ and aren’t even expected to go to the playoffs.  I imagine it was just the opposite in the ‘70s for SETX. 

1 hour ago, badndn said:

On a serious note, I must say that if BISD is paying $115 then the West Brook job looks much more inviting. Does anyone know if now with just two schools are all the middle schools zoned direct to one high school? In other words if WB coach knows which student athletes are coming his way he can setup his systems at the MS levels. This has been a big issue before in BISD. 

Yes, West Brook now has Vincent and Marshall while United has Smith, King and South Park.  Odom is kind of split because of the academic program over there but most of those kids will go to United as well.