PNG qback

coach bear

Hey men sorry but could not find his condition. Not trying to get any inside info just concerned cause i heard he is a quality young man and in my estimation would be starting of UT now. I am a UT grad but not a Herman guy. I don't think he is good X O guy just good has tagger and the kids like him. so he can recruit but not coach. Plenty like that. With him at full strength i think UT could go with 2 losses. I hope for both PNG and UT he is good. Thanks for your time.

6 minutes ago, coach bear said:

Hey men sorry but could not find his condition. Not trying to get any inside info just concerned cause i heard he is a quality young man and in my estimation would be starting of UT now. I am a UT grad but not a Herman guy. I don't think he is good X O guy just good has tagger and the kids like him. so he can recruit but not coach. Plenty like that. With him at full strength i think UT could go with 2 losses. I hope for both PNG and UT he is good. Thanks for your time.

He is fine. 

There are others in the UT camp that feel he could play early as well.

I like what Herman and Beck have done with Strong's recruits   (Lil'jordan,  Gary Johnson, Roach, Brandon Jones, K. Boyd, etc.) as far as development. When they incorporate Qb runs, Ehlinger has even been effective and limited the turnovers.

There are fans like you that are becoming impatient with them and I understand, especially if this season doesn't go well. Texas is ready to win and folks are tired of losing recruits to OU and A&M. 

14 minutes ago, outanup said:

I’m hoping Ehlinger can get it done this year and next, giving Roschon a redshirt yr. While I’m in the camp that believes if a freshman can get it done Roschon is on tha short list, a yr. to learn the system adapt and absorb is priceless....Hook em!!!!

With 4 Qbs ahead of him I think that unless he blows the others out the water in the spring, he probably redshirts. He has an advantage with his skillset though that if they feel he can pass well enough early, there could be a small chance.

There are runs with Ehlinger has where he gets tackled after gaining 3-4 yards (which is good) which Roschon could turn into 7 or a first down. There was a bootleg keeper in the USC game that Ehlinger got stopped at the goal line where Shug would've outran the guy. Herman, Beck and co. know this, they keep close contact.

Shug is a great young man and very mature for his age. I personally would like to see him redshirt his first year just to be able to get the system down. But, with him getting to be in spring ball with them he is a very smart young man and if the others above him can’t get it done then put him in and let’s go. With his skill set and his passing getting better Herman can add some different twist to the game plans that he may not be able to do with the others.