Hall of Fame Boycot

I'm not sure. I would think that if a players gets hurt during a game, the team would have insurance to pay the medicals. There is enough money going around between players and teams, insurance for players and their families wouldn't be that hard to come by. But retired NFL players, getting salaries? For being great while they were players? You got paid during your career based on how good you were. Some things I just do not get.

29 minutes ago, Ty Cobb said:

One question that I have is, are they asking for insurance and payments for HOFer's only or for all players retired from the nfl?  I'm against paying anyone, HOFer or not, that isn't playing anymore.  I'm not sure how I feel about providing insurance for the retired players.  

The more current retirees should have saved for this.  Then again, most aren't smart enough to plan for the future.  The ones that are of age, it's called Medicare & Medicare.

On 9/18/2018 at 2:06 PM, BS Wildcats said:

The more current retirees should have saved for this.  Then again, most aren't smart enough to plan for the future.  The ones that are of age, it's called Medicare & Medicare.

I agree.  When I retire, the job I have will not continue to provide insurance unless I pay for it at full cost.  Why do these HOFers think the nfl should continue paying for their insurance?  It dang sure can't be because they risked the health of their bodies to entertain.  Unless there's something going on that I don't know, what they are asking for is very unreasonable.  And I really want to know if they are asking for compensation and insurance for HOFer's only or for everyone that retires from the nfl.

13 hours ago, Ty Cobb said:

I agree.  When I retire, the job I have will not continue to provide insurance unless I pay for it at full cost.  Why do these HOFers think the nfl should continue paying for their insurance?  It dang sure can't be because they risked the health of their bodies to entertain.  Unless there's something going on that I don't know, what they are asking for is very unreasonable.  And I really want to know if they are asking for compensation and insurance for HOFer's only or for everyone that retires from the nfl.

All retirees.  

Sports in this country is a sham, like a lot of other things.  If the players make millions, some of them, the owners and networks make multiple billions.  All the players do is sacrifice their bodies, their brains, there future.    Meanwhile you nacho eating, man cave, arm chair  fascist wanna BEs sit own your butts talking about they can get medicare.  

1 hour ago, Kountzer said:

Sports in this country is a sham, like a lot of other things.  If the players make millions, some of them, the owners and networks make multiple billions.  All the players do is sacrifice their bodies, their brains, there future.    Meanwhile you nacho eating, man cave, arm chair  fascist wanna BEs sit own your butts talking about they can get medicare.  

17 hours ago, Kountzer said:

The players know what they're in for when they choose football for a living.  Cry me a river.  Take care of business while you're making millions, and you should be able to handle retirement.  But, the majority can't take of business.

Football should be shut down and banned.  There is no way to play that sport safely.  I don't care how many millions they pay you.   It's a cult.  I wouldn't sacrifice my brain for a bunch of fakes.  Cheer you when you splitting the field on a 100 yard kick off return, then shoot you when you walk the streets.  Besides friday evening sunset to saturday evening sunset is God's time.  Read you bibles.  It is in there.  People want God's help but they don't want to obey.  If you want to know how to mega, obey God fully.

14 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

Football should be shut down and banned.  There is no way to play that sport safely.  I don't care how many millions they pay you.   It's a cult.  I wouldn't sacrifice my brain for a bunch of fakes.  Cheer you when you splitting the field on a 100 yard kick off return, then shoot you when you walk the streets.  Besides friday evening sunset to saturday evening sunset is God's time.  Read you bibles.  It is in there.  People want God's help but they don't want to obey.  If you want to know how to mega, obey God fully.

Shut down and banned by who?

21 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

Since we are talking about the NFL, they are playing on Sunday.  We sinners that go to church on Sunday, just watch afterwards.

42 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

Are you stating that no sporting event should be held during that time?

24 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Are you stating that no sporting event should be held during that time?

Here's the answer:

Isaiah 58:13-14 King James Version (KJV)

13 If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the Lord, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:

14 Then shalt thou delight thyself in the Lord; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it.

7 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

Here's the answer:

Isaiah 58:13-14 King James Version (KJV)

13 If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the Lord, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:

14 Then shalt thou delight thyself in the Lord; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it.

So all business should be closed during those hours, correct?