Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ROSCHONSBIGBRO

Your teams biggest strength/weakness so far

64 posts in this topic

 

50 minutes ago, Mytwocents3788 said:

Which part don’t you agree with??? Not trying to argue, just genuinely curious.

That Vidor has never had break away speed in the backfield. We've had some pretty quick backs over the years.

Mytwocents3788 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Bootleg said:

 

That Vidor has never had break away speed in the backfield. We've had some pretty quick backs over the years.

I guess I have to disagree. But only because I am biased lol. Two names. Rick culprit. Graduated 04 went to Arkansas for track. Ran a 4.3 40. And Bolinger. I think he had atleast 7 60+ yard TD’s when playing for Vidor. Maybe even more. I think I would classify that as breakaway speed. I mean he gave Alex sezar a run for his money and that kid went to state for track and field. But I am a bit biased lol.

Bootleg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Mytwocents3788 said:

I guess I have to disagree. But only because I am biased lol. Two names. Rick culprit. Graduated 04 went to Arkansas for track. Ran a 4.3 40. And Bolinger. I think he had atleast 7 60+ yard TD’s when playing for Vidor. Maybe even more. I think I would classify that as breakaway speed. I mean he gave Alex sezar a run for his money and that kid went to state for track and field. But I am a bit biased lol.

Rick Culbert was fast, so too was Bollinger.  I think Haylon Leckelt belongs in that group as well.

Mytwocents3788 and Bootleg like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tim Riggins said:

Rick Culbert was fast, so too was Bollinger.  I think Haylon Leckelt belongs in that group as well.

Troy Maddox and Kolby Humble should also be on the list.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mytwocents3788 said:

I guess I have to disagree. But only because I am biased lol. Two names. Rick culprit. Graduated 04 went to Arkansas for track. Ran a 4.3 40. And Bolinger. I think he had atleast 7 60+ yard TD’s when playing for Vidor. Maybe even more. I think I would classify that as breakaway speed. I mean he gave Alex sezar a run for his money and that kid went to state for track and field. But I am a bit biased lol.

I believe Rick Culbert had the fastest 40 time at both LSUs' and Arkansas' camp that year.

Mytwocents3788 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Bootleg said:

I believe Rick Culbert had the fastest 40 time at both LSUs' and Arkansas' camp that year.

Rick also came just milliseconds behind Ivory "Chopper" Williams in the 100. That was a fun showdown. Along with Rick, Troy Maddox not only had tremendous linear speed, he had some sick moves. Johnny Travis, and Doug Sims were great powerbacks. Dwayne Anderson didn't have blazing speed..but he had the best balance out of anyone I've ever played with. He was like watching a pinball get bounced around. 

Bootleg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, TenaciousK said:

Rick also came just milliseconds behind Ivory "Chopper" Williams in the 100. That was a fun showdown. Along with Rick, Troy Maddox not only had tremendous linear speed, he had some sick moves. Johnny Travis, and Doug Sims were great powerbacks. Dwayne Anderson didn't have blazing speed..but he had the best balance out of anyone I've ever played with. He was like watching a pinball get bounced around. 

Maddox was my favorite to watch especially on kick off returns. Vidor used to put their best athlete on kickoff return back then but they got away from it because of injury risk, im assuming. 

TenaciousK likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Mytwocents3788 said:

I guess I have to disagree. But only because I am biased lol. Two names. Rick culprit. Graduated 04 went to Arkansas for track. Ran a 4.3 40. And Bolinger. I think he had atleast 7 60+ yard TD’s when playing for Vidor. Maybe even more. I think I would classify that as breakaway speed. I mean he gave Alex sezar a run for his money and that kid went to state for track and field. But I am a bit biased lol.

Would be nice to see one of those kids running collegiately. I guess I compare it to having a Devwah Whaley come through...would like to see a kid like that running in our offense. Nothing against our kids...y'all know how much I love 'em.

BMTSoulja1 and Mytwocents3788 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bootleg said:

Maddox was my favorite to watch especially on kick off returns. Vidor used to put their best athlete on kickoff return back then but they got away from it because of injury risk, im assuming. 

I'll tell you someone else who had underrated speed on the football field.. when Andy Haeggquist was QB ..I didn't know he had the ability to take off like that. But some plays he really impressed me with that speed. I believe I heard he was the fastest kid in district at the 400m sprint??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Tim Riggins said:

Rick Culbert was fast, so too was Bollinger.  I think Haylon Leckelt belongs in that group as well.

Yeah he was but to be honest I wasn’t able to make most of his games so I couldn’t really speak on him personally ya know.

4 hours ago, robanadana said:

Would be nice to see one of those kids running collegiately

Yeah I know what you mean man. Me too. Me too.

 

3 hours ago, TenaciousK said:

I'll tell you someone else who had underrated speed on the football field.. when Andy Haeggquist was QB ..I didn't know he had the ability to take off like that. But some plays he really impressed me with that speed. I believe I heard he was the fastest kid in district at the 400m sprint??

I actually went to school during that time man. I didn’t even notice he had speed. But I was just a kid then and didn’t really pay attention too much. hahahahahaha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, robanadana said:

Would be nice to see one of those kids running collegiately. I guess I compare it to having a Devwah Whaley come through...would like to see a kid like that running in our offense. Nothing against our kids...y'all know how much I love 'em.

I actually made more Central games than Vidor games during Devwahs' senior season.  I loved me some central and was sad to see them go.

BMTSoulja1 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/20/2018 at 9:56 AM, Bootleg said:

Maddox was my favorite to watch especially on kick off returns. Vidor used to put their best athlete on kickoff return back then but they got away from it because of injury risk, im assuming. 

Yeah, Troy had great breakaway speed. That kickoff return for a  TD against Livingston is a good example.  IMO though, one play he should not have been used was in that  two point conversion attempt to win the game against Ozen in 2000.  Got stuffed at the line and Pirates lost the game  and district championship by one point.  Johnny Travis  and Douglas Sims were both in the backfield and one of them should have gotten that carry, both bigger power backs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0