Your teams biggest strength/weakness so far

RoschonsBigBro

15 minutes ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

I know nothing about GP but thats what these threads are for. Since Shug is on a bye ill tune in and see how p.a. does.

Im picking Pam but if they play like last week these cupcake games will be a bit harder. Hopefully that was a hiccup.

It's not this coming Friday. They have a bye this week.

Oline(Center)depth.  Insisting running the offense from the shotgun is problematic with a 3rd string center because not only the snapping the ball but making line calls etc.  I saw an equally sloppy played game against DP and they scored over 40 so the center-QB exchange is critical......

Jasper's playing really well right now. I think the defense is the biggest strength right now. The passing game is unproven because we haven't needed it and probably won't until the WOS game. The coaching staff should use the early possessions in these next two games (Livingston, LaMarque) to mix in a few passing plays to give our quarterback some confidence. 

Lumberton:

strengths- running game. Even with our starter out we’ve been running well. I think once our qb gets back in action our passing game could be good as well. So i would say our overall offensive balance would be a strength especially in our new district. But that will depend on how his knee holds up.

Weakness- injuries. Strong safety has been out, Middle linebacker has been banged up, starting receiver has missed time, and starting qb/rb have both missed games but could be back this week, for sure by the time we play Silsbee.

3 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Silsbee - strength:Overall team speed and experience in Secondary.

Weakness: Offensive playcalling and early in game adjustments

United - strengths: D-Line /Defensive speed

Weakness: QB play

Mind you I have not seen Silsbee play this season, but from what other folks, including coaches, have told me, the Tiger secondary has been a weakness so far this season.

3 hours ago, L-Train11 said:

Lumberton:

strengths- running game. Even with our starter out we’ve been running well. I think once our qb gets back in action our passing game could be good as well. So i would say our overall offensive balance would be a strength especially in our new district. But that will depend on how his knee holds up.

Weakness- injuries. Strong safety has been out, Middle linebacker has been banged up, starting receiver has missed time, and starting qb/rb have both missed games but could be back this week, for sure by the time we play Silsbee.

I agree the injury bug has hit Lumberton pretty hard but from the game I saw, the Lumberton secondary is also a weakness.

28 minutes ago, Bootleg said:

Vidor:

Defense is better than years past and offense is on schedule. 

Kicking game stinks. Lacking a true tailback which we normally  have. quarter back needs to run a little harder and not so upright when getting hit. Need to get our fullback back.

I think the tailback is very good and the QB runs very hard.  He could get a little lower when running but he is 6'3.

Tailback had 157 yards against Montgomery and 124 against Caney Creek according to BMT enterprise. 

53 minutes ago, Manofsteel said:

I think the tailback is very good and the QB runs very hard.  He could get a little lower when running but he is 6'3.

Tailback had 157 yards against Montgomery and 124 against Caney Creek according to BMT enterprise. 

In not arguing . Im  just saying compared to humble, leckelt and Bollinger that we lack the speed , physicality and elusiveness at that position. The qb  does run hard but stands straight up before contact and looks to be in a position to get hurt by doing so and we need him. The Slot-T can be misleading when reading into  running stats. Its still early on in the season and I'm sure their game speed will improve. 

56 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

They played very well in the Nederland game.  I chalk those other setbacks to very good passing teams.  

Nederland starting qb went out and it was wet. But Silsbee did have a couple interceptions.. who will Be Silsbee qb this week? Is he gonna stick with #4 or put 5 in and let Taylor play running back?