Looking ahead...EC @ Woodville

About a week ago

This is game is in Woodville, following an open week, and the start of district play. Woodville has outscored LC-M, Madisonville, and Hardin-Jefferson, 115-21. East Chambers has outscored Kountze, Hardin-Jefferson, and Hamshire-Fannet to the tune of 132-37. It should be a heck of a game, but coming into Eagle Stadium and playing a healthy, well-rested Woodville is extremely tough. EC has a better chance than anybody in the district, but I think Zack Martin is the best player that will be on the field by a large margin that night. His impact on offense will help Woodville pull away in the 4th.

Woodville by 10+.

I think Woodville wins this one by 2 scores. They are pretty solid and have a very good running game. Though, I do not think Woodville can get past a top 3A team with just their good running game. With their athletes, i think they should spread defenses out a little more at times. Solid, fundamental, athletic 3A teams will knock them out again. 

The EC defense is average at best, HF was able to move the ball on them; if not for untimely holding penalties, overthrown passes and T/O's their game would have been much better. The EC offense however is as good as advertised; they have speed and the QB can make just about any throw on the field with good accuracy. Woodville will need to get a pass rush on him in order to keep it close. I will go with Woodville in this one 35-28

15 hours ago, eagleswoodville#1 said:

This is game is in Woodville, following an open week, and the start of district play. Woodville has outscored LC-M, Madisonville, and Hardin-Jefferson, 115-21. East Chambers has outscored Kountze, Hardin-Jefferson, and Hamshire-Fannet to the tune of 132-37. It should be a heck of a game, but coming into Eagle Stadium and playing a healthy, well-rested Woodville is extremely tough. EC has a better chance than anybody in the district, but I think Zack Martin is the best player that will be on the field by a large margin that night. His impact on offense will help Woodville pull away in the 4th.

Woodville by 10+.

EC will be just as rested and healthy. They also have a bye this week. Both teams get two weeks to prep for each other. Give me  EC in a close one. Fontenot gets the defense straightened out in two weeks of preparation.

EC will have to take away what Woodville does best and that is they put 11 players tight and pound the ball. They run a lot of misdirection. I'm not saying EC can do it, but EC will have to make Woodville find another way to beat them. Which is not a small task. Woodville QB look ok to me, but I would take my chances on the passing game over the running game. Woodville will execute their offense very well. Their guards pull well, they block well, and their backs find the hole and hit it hard. Again, saying it and doing it are two different things. This game will be like a playoff game early, early in the season. I would like to have seen this game played late district play to set up playoff atmosphere.

EC struggles a little on defense, but the defensive game plan may be as important as the players against Woodville. If EC can get everybody in the right place at the right time then they have a chance to keep this one close. If they are not spot on when it come to being gap sound then Woodville will score at will. EC does not have the dudes to stop Woodville, they have to play perfect defense. 

Now on the other side of the ball, EC has an experienced and potent offense. Woodville will have to deal with all the motion and backfield action to stop the Bucs. EC also throws the ball early and often and Woodville may struggle against the pass. I think the key to EC keeping this one close is the play of the EC QB. If he makes good decisions and runs the ball some to keep the defense honest then it will be a game.

3 hours ago, PlayActionPass said:

EC struggles a little on defense, but the defensive game plan may be as important as the players against Woodville. If EC can get everybody in the right place at the right time then they have a chance to keep this one close. If they are not spot on when it come to being gap sound then Woodville will score at will. EC does not have the dudes to stop Woodville, they have to play perfect defense. 

Now on the other side of the ball, EC has an experienced and potent offense. Woodville will have to deal with all the motion and backfield action to stop the Bucs. EC also throws the ball early and often and Woodville may struggle against the pass. I think the key to EC keeping this one close is the play of the EC QB. If he makes good decisions and runs the ball some to keep the defense honest then it will be a game.

I think EC will have to use all their playbook on offense and defense. I think EC has a great game plan on both sides of the ball for this game. Just have to execute it to the "T", without turnovers and EC will be fine. Playing Woodville in Woodville will be a challenge !!!! Heck, I like a good challenge.

Guest ECBucFan
14 hours ago, PlayActionPass said:

EC struggles a little on defense,

Sorry, but EC's defense is almost inpenetrable. This is not last year. Woodville will be lucky to even reach double digits. I don't usually predict scores, but if I had to, EC 31, Woodville 9. Woodville scores a late TD on EC's reserves. 

2 hours ago, ECBucFan said:

Sorry, but EC's defense is almost inpenetrable. This is not last year. Woodville will be lucky to even reach double digits. I don't usually predict scores, but if I had to, EC 31, Woodville 9. Woodville scores a late TD on EC's reserves. 

Slow your roll. I hype EC more than I should, but unpenetrable?? That’s quite of a stretch. Woodville will scores their fair share of a points in this game. EC has to to hit the deep ball for big plays, and score TD’s in the red zone. 

E.  Chambers usual weak schedule catches up with them. There wins were over Kountze (0-3), H. Jeff.(1-2)who's only win was over a 0-3 team, and H. Fannett (1-2) who's only win was over a 0-3 team. Woodville's schedule has not been much stronger. Woodville wins this one by two scores.