WOS @ Crosby predictions

LCMAlumtiger32

6 minutes ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

U can not tell me lcm doesn't football players over there, seems to me  the hc is just collecting a pay check. How much longer will they put up with that?

You know I listen to kogt and their interviews with coaches on up and coming games,Crouch is the only one that says how much LCM is improving and dose not say anything as to where they are lacking at,what they need to work on.Maybe he really doesn't know.On the other hand coach T is never pleased and points to what they need to get better at.JMO.

This is the best team WOS has played (no disrespect to Newton) and they have 2 losses.   They may not be tested again with the exception of the Silsbee game.  Crosby wins by at least a couple of scores but hopefully another stepping stone for the Mustangs for their ultimate goal.  

As for last year’s game with PG, those teams were pretty evenly matched from what I saw.  If I had to handicap the game being played again, I probably would make PG a slight favorite.  If the stangs had JD taking snaps for another year on that team, I could see the “9 out of 10” argument.  Otherwise, no way no how imo.  

7 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

This is the best team WOS has played (no disrespect to Newton) and they have 2 losses.   They may not be tested again with the exception of the Silsbee game.  Crosby wins by at least a couple of scores but hopefully another stepping stone for the Mustangs for their ultimate goal.  

As for last year’s game with PG, those teams were pretty evenly matched from what I saw.  If I had to handicap the game being played again, I probably would make PG a slight favorite.  If the stangs had JD taking snaps for another year on that team, I could see the “9 out of 10” argument.  Otherwise, no way no how imo.  

But my CRYSTAL BALL has it 27 20 wos over crosby

3 hours ago, LC-M said:

He was making 97k last year got 3k raise. Trust me there is not a lot of Lcm fans that don’t  post on here but the talk in the stands is they want a change 

Due to a situation that occurred several years ago, I got to be around Coach Crouch some and kinda got to know him a little. As a person he’s a good guy, just I’m don’t think he’s head coach material. But until the attitudes and atmosphere change at LC-M they will continue to pay him or someone else 100k a year and be satisfied with 4-5 wins a year.

14 minutes ago, marshman said:

Due to a situation that occurred several years ago, I got to be around Coach Crouch some and kinda got to know him a little. As a person he’s a good guy, just I’m don’t think he’s head coach material. But until the attitudes and atmosphere change at LC-M they will continue to pay him or someone else 100k a year and be satisfied with 4-5 wins a year.

No doubt I think he’s a great person. 

On 9/17/2018 at 11:12 AM, Cougar14.2 said:

The difference between this team and the team that played Jasper is that even on a good day we were going to give up 35 points. Manvel is just a completely different animal but against normal teams I think you're looking at Crosby only giving up about 19ppg.

WOS has a good running back and what I would consider one plus receiver at the 5A level. However, I don't see the WOS o-line getting much movement on Crosby's front seven and I don't think they'll have much if any success throwing the ball. After Manvel's qb carved up Clear Lake he went 8-16 for 65 yards and a pick against Crosby. WOS offense scored 7 offensive points against Newton and I believe only 12 offensive points against Nederland. Therefore, it's hard for me to see how WOS even gets to 20 points without Crosby turning the ball over? From what I've seen so far Crosby is getting a gift with WOS' qb play, if he doesn't make quicker and more accurate decisions it's probably going to be a tough night for the Mustang offense in general.

WOS defense looks good on film but after Crosby's o-line produced three different 100+ yard rushers against Manvel's front I have a hard time finding the numbers that show me WOS can mitigate Crosby's rushing attack. I also think Crosby has an advantage in the way WOS plays man coverage. Howard is going to kill you making plays with his legs if you continuously turn your back to him man coverage. Crosby probably ran the ball for 200 yards between the tackles on Manvel, with WOS playing man and no high safety in at least a cover one you can expect Crosby to do even more damage right up the middle.

I think Coach Thompson will have some different things he tries to throw at Crosby to slow them down but I feel good about how our coaching staff has prepared thus far. I don't like Crosby giving up the early scores either but I do like the way Coach Strange has made in-game adjustments, that's invaluable moving forward as the games become more critical.

Why I like Cougar 14.2

I believe that this game will be closer than a lot of people think. Hard for me to really make any comments, because I haven't seen Crosby play. Turn overs one way or the other will play a big part in this game. Crosby's way could lead to a blow out, WOS's way could lead to WOS win. WOS is not as bad as people think and they will get better as the season progresses.

I believe that Crosby will win this game, but WOS will only get better from it. I see them starting out (1-3), which is not bad considering who they have played and how they're somewhat down, then winning out and going 4 to 5 rounds deep! If this team keeps getting better and finds their offense, then they could very well be playing in the title game once again. I just don't think they're there yet to handle a clicking Crosby team. I am rooting for WOS here! Prove me wrong!!!!

7 hours ago, Fast Turtle said:

I believe that Crosby will win this game, but WOS will only get better from it. I see them starting out (1-3), which is not bad considering who they have played and how they're somewhat down, then winning out and going 4 to 5 rounds deep! If this team keeps getting better and finds their offense, then they could very well be playing in the title game once again. I just don't think they're there yet to handle a clicking Crosby team. I am rooting for WOS here! Prove me wrong!!!!

7 hours ago, Fast Turtle said:

If they don't come out and play 4 quarters of mustang football then they be  will 1-3 or 1-9 for that  matter . I don't want them to just get by I want them to show the they can win in all three phases.

31 minutes ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

If they don't come out and play 4 quarters of mustang football then they be  will 1-3 or 1-9 for that  matter . I don't want them to just get by I want them to show the they can win in all three phases.

On 9/19/2018 at 0:31 PM, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

6 minutes ago, dj said:

6 minutes ago, dj said:

Speaking with CT and thinks they are close to getting them where we wanted them.this schedule is been really beneficial to them.2 of biggest things are tackling on defense better.and get the offense on track by doin the things that the QB does best.theyre really working on things just to get first downs and moving the chains.he knows Crosby will punch them in there mouth.but he also knows that they will also punch Crosby in there mouth.this game want be like some ppl might think it will end up

22 minutes ago, dj said:

Speaking with CT and thinks they are close to getting them where we wanted them.this schedule is been really beneficial to them.2 of biggest things are tackling on defense better.and get the offense on track by doin the things that the QB does best.theyre really working on things just to get first downs and moving the chains.he knows Crosby will punch them in there mouth.but he also knows that they will also punch Crosby in there mouth.this game want be like some ppl might think it will end up

This statement highlights what I've been saying. WOS needs to score points if they're going to be only the second team in five years to come into Crosby and win, yet they're still just trying to figure out how to get first downs? If doing what the qb does best involves him running he's going to have a hard time completing the game, on the other hand any time he drops back to throw is a plus for Crosby. Unless there are bad weather conditions this game will probably go similar to how WOS' game with Foster went in 2015 but WOS still went on to win a state title that year while Foster finished 10-3. Good thing for Crosby is that they've already been punched in the mouth, down 21-0 to Manvel and came back to win. I just don't see WOS showing Crosby anything they haven't seen from Angleton, New Caney or Manvel already this year. WOS wants to see those Crosby teams that score 50+ a game and don't play any defense, not this one.

28 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

This statement highlights what I've been saying. WOS needs to score points if they're going to be only the second team in five years to come into Crosby and win, yet they're still just trying to figure out how to get first downs? If doing what the qb does best involves him running he's going to have a hard time completing the game, on the other hand any time he drops back to throw is a plus for Crosby. Unless there are bad weather conditions this game will probably go similar to how WOS' game with Foster went in 2015 but WOS still went on to win a state title that year while Foster finished 10-3. Good thing for Crosby is that they've already been punched in the mouth, down 21-0 to Manvel and came back to win. I just don't see WOS showing Crosby anything they haven't seen from Angleton, New Caney or Manvel already this year. WOS wants to see those Crosby teams that score 50+ a game and don't play any defense, not this one.

I'm in bad shape wos hasn't played 4 quarters of mustang football and neither has Oakland but I refuse to give up on either. Hopefully both of them will get they act together a stay in front of the chains  this week. I know this is a high football site but the pain is the same. 

33 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

WOS wants to see those Crosby teams that score 50+ a game and don't play any defense, not this one.

Yall put 49 on Manvel and gave up OVER 500 yards rushing EVEN THOUGH Manvel had like 4 TURNOVERS, am i right.

Sounds like the same team to me.

Its a longshot but GO WOS!

beverly hills cop lol GIF

39 minutes ago, WHO DAT???? said:

Yall put 49 on Manvel and gave up OVER 500 yards rushing EVEN THOUGH Manvel had like 4 TURNOVERS, am i right.

Sounds like the same team to me.

Its a longshot but GO WOS!

beverly hills cop lol GIF

LMAO if you think WOS is anything near Manvel. They don’t even have the offensive firepower New Caney does but at least it’s a closer comparison. New Caney just rushed for 510 yards on Willis in their last game, Crosby held them to 121 yards on 34 carries in the season opener.

You’re right they went on the stat sheet as turnovers but other than one mishandled exchange, I like to call them takeaways. Pash rush leading to interception, Garrison Johnson hit hard during a spin move and Hunter Bailey with a kill shot on Ladarius Owens. Video evidence below:

This is the hidden content, please

13 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

LMAO if you think WOS is anything near Manvel. They don’t even have the offensive firepower New Caney does but at least it’s a closer comparison. New Caney just rushed for 510 yards on Willis in their last game, Crosby held them to 121 yards on 34 carries in the season opener.

You’re right they went on the stat sheet as turnovers but other than one mishandled exchange, I like to call them takeaways. Pash rush leading to interception, Garrison Johnson hit hard during a spin move and Hunter Bailey with a kill shot on Ladarius Owens. Video evidence below:

This is the hidden content, please

My post said nothing about WOS being comparable to Manvel.  It had EVERYTHING to do with you saying the this isnt the Crosby team that puts up 50 and has no defense WHEN LITERALLY THE LAST GAME THEY PLAYED THEY PUT UP 49 AND SURRENDERED 500+ rush yards.  I even put your comment in bold. Seems like that was obvious but swing and a miss by 14.2

dumb face punch GIF

6 minutes ago, WHO DAT???? said:

My post said nothing about WOS being comparable to Manvel.  It had EVERYTHING to do with you saying the this isnt the Crosby team that puts up 50 and has no defense WHEN LITERALLY THE LAST GAME THEY PLAYED THEY PUT UP 49 AND SURRENDERED 500+ rush yards.  I even put your comment in bold. Seems like that was obvious but swing and a miss by 14.2

dumb face punch GIF

My post made my point. Crosby scored 28 on NC and won with defense. To prove we won with defense I highlighted NC’s offensive efficiency in their most recent sample. In that particular game Crosby needed to score 49 to beat what’s probably the most elite rushing attack in our classification. If Crosby stays healthy their defense is going to be one of the top five in the region, therefore not needing to average anywhere close to 50. I rarely swing and miss, I just didn’t realize you needed an extended explanation to get the point.