WOS @ Crosby predictions

LCMAlumtiger32

10 hours ago, Cougtalk said:

I think WOS has a lead during this game. 

Crosby needs to get an early lead and keep it, none of this giving up 7 easy points to start every game nonsense. 

If my boys think this is gonna be an easy one they need to remember the way that Jasper game started last year. Anything can happen and when your the underdog no reason to play a straight-up game show the wrinkles you want everyone to have to prepare for and save the real wrinkles for the postseason. 

The difference between this team and the team that played Jasper is that even on a good day we were going to give up 35 points. Manvel is just a completely different animal but against normal teams I think you're looking at Crosby only giving up about 19ppg.

WOS has a good running back and what I would consider one plus receiver at the 5A level. However, I don't see the WOS o-line getting much movement on Crosby's front seven and I don't think they'll have much if any success throwing the ball. After Manvel's qb carved up Clear Lake he went 8-16 for 65 yards and a pick against Crosby. WOS offense scored 7 offensive points against Newton and I believe only 12 offensive points against Nederland. Therefore, it's hard for me to see how WOS even gets to 20 points without Crosby turning the ball over? From what I've seen so far Crosby is getting a gift with WOS' qb play, if he doesn't make quicker and more accurate decisions it's probably going to be a tough night for the Mustang offense in general.

WOS defense looks good on film but after Crosby's o-line produced three different 100+ yard rushers against Manvel's front I have a hard time finding the numbers that show me WOS can mitigate Crosby's rushing attack. I also think Crosby has an advantage in the way WOS plays man coverage. Howard is going to kill you making plays with his legs if you continuously turn your back to him man coverage. Crosby probably ran the ball for 200 yards between the tackles on Manvel, with WOS playing man and no high safety in at least a cover one you can expect Crosby to do even more damage right up the middle.

I think Coach Thompson will have some different things he tries to throw at Crosby to slow them down but I feel good about how our coaching staff has prepared thus far. I don't like Crosby giving up the early scores either but I do like the way Coach Strange has made in-game adjustments, that's invaluable moving forward as the games become more critical.

57 minutes ago, 3rdandlong said:

Imo Don’t think it’s a down year just yet, one point loss to the bulldogs and then get in a good practice with lcm , then Newton which could possibly beat most Setx teams this year, so can’t say they are down just yet.

They are not down compared to most average teams standards. I would say they are down by WOS  standards because championship programs set high standards for themselvas. It's more of a complement in that regard . Personally I would like to see them win out.

25 minutes ago, Bootleg said:

They are not down compared to most average teams standards. I would say they are down by WOS  standards because championship programs set high standards for themselvas. It's more of a complement in that regard . Personally I would like to see them win out.

That’s what I’m talking about, get past this Crosby game without any injuries and see what happens.

27 minutes ago, pakronos said:

never that!! crosby 38-21....i don't understand why WOS fans can't accept it might not be their  year!! it's okay to rebuild. i'm not saying to give up on your team, but wos can't be good every year. just stop.

I understand still a little upset from the thrashing memorial gave the Timberwolfs? Newton is always open this week iif y’all want to take it out on someone 

Looking at the district schedule everyone is off this week except for Crosby and Vidor. I expect to see some Dayton and BH fans in the stadium Friday, not to mention PNG's coaching staff. I just hope the Crosby fans show up and are ready to be as loud and rowdy as they last Friday and not try to take a week off because of the opponent.

26 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Looking at the district schedule everyone is off this week except for Crosby and Vidor. I expect to see some Dayton and BH fans in the stadium Friday, not to mention PNG's coaching staff. I just hope the Crosby fans show up and are ready to be as loud and rowdy as they last Friday and not try to take a week off because of the opponent.

Be sure to check out the WOS busses. A work of art.

On 9/16/2018 at 2:16 PM, LC-M said:

Look man you were out of the state when Newton played WOS. Ive actually seen WOS more then I have seen LCM. How many WOS games have you made this year? I don't think you have watched the mustangs this year. Could WOS beat Crosby yes anything is possibly but not likely buddy. I understand you trying to be up beat and everything. I love HS football and I watch film on pretty much on every team that I go watch to see the best match up. You can ask one of my friends that is a WOS fan about my predictions so far and ive been right against NED and Newton. I was two points off of the LCM game. Just because I graduated from LCM doesn't mean I don't know football. Do you realize that WOS coaching staff has atleast 3 LCM Alum on it. Also im not worried about the mustangs because when playoffs come around that's when it counts. Be humble and hungry man. I think a lot of wos fans take for granted the talent yall had on those past teams.

The only game I didn't see was the netwon game, and  since I was built in the program I will always know more about wos then u or anyone else on this site. BELIEVE IT!! 

7 minutes ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

The only game I didn't see was the netwon game, and  since I was built in the program I will always know more about wos then u or anyone else on this site. BELIEVE IT!! 

Your funny guy. When did you graduate? Did you start for WOS? Also since the WO-S program built you the correct spelling is Newton not netwon.

1 hour ago, Realville said:

Rooting for our Orange County Comrades but I just don’t think they have the depth and experience to pull this one out. I hope I am wrong. They’ve had tough scrimmages and non district schedule. That will pay dividends when district starts. They will make a deep playoff run!

I think one of the biggest benefits for Crosby leading into the regular season was making the long ride down to Brazoria county and scrimmaging Angleton. They looked even more impressive physically than Manvel. It helped to see a secondary that looked like that before lining up with New Caney, I imagine it also assisted the staff in figuring out how to play where you literally have no physical advantage at any position group. 

By the time Crosby gets to district play they will have been on the field with Angleton(currently AP #9) , a very good New Caney team, Manvel(at the time AP #4, 5A-D2 #2) and current four time 4A-D2 state finalist WOS. District play might actually be a relief. 

2 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Crosby is playing some gud ball.and truly understand looking at some of the things w.o has done wouldn't scare anyone.but this is one thing u didn't see.w.o heart and the quickness of defense will give y'all the blues.manvel is great but they can't stop anyone.them bigs got tired to much.and manvel too many turnovers.and what u also didn't see how all that mud neutralize w.o speed on defense.where it made it a lot easier for them to get blocked. Newton is to skilled for any defense not to be able to get off blocks.so if that sophomore does things not to lose the game.crosby hands will be full come Friday nite.

Cornell is correct in his making of gumbo. WOS will be fantastic next year (possibly back to state, but for sure in 2020. Iron sharpens iron and the young ones in Orange will mature to be great players. But Crosby has UNBELIEVABLE potential this year cause they aren't near their potential. Crosby by 28. And i predict i will sell 100 chances to our REMARKABLE fundraiser of 2 $3000 hunts at Sindomar ranch in Del Rio, beautiful area to hunt.  Old coaches are so crafty, which is why i loved working for Jerry Stewart. Also Bob McQueen from Temple and of course Brown L SMith of marlin who took GOrdon WOod to the shed in the gambling that led to Marlin winning home field for the epic 1977 first round match up of eventual state champion Brownwood and your Marlin Bulldogs.