WOS @ Crosby predictions

LCMAlumtiger32

Okay Im making this thread for a friend that is a  WOS fan for some reason he did not want to put his name on it.  So I started it for him for folks to give their opinion  on the game. I watched game film on Crosby last night. Crosby looked big on the oline and very physical on defense. I have Crosby by 42 plus and Mustangs 7. Good luck to both teams.

7 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

When I saw this game on the schedule at the beginning of the year I thought it was going to be a great matchup. Now I see the Cougs having their way with the Stangs. Crosby all the way in this one.

Its going to be a tough one for the Mustangs. But playoff time they will be fine. The young Qb will be prepared by then. I think Crosby is to much for them in this one.

5 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

When I saw this game on the schedule at the beginning of the year I thought it was going to be a great matchup. Now I see the Cougs having their way with the Stangs. Crosby all the way in this 

Why because wos is 1-2? Is it because Crosby came back and beat Manvel, plz tv coach explain to me y u thing wos doesn't have a chance.

Crosby should obviously be the favorite. Upsets happen but at this stage if the season, a WOS win would almost be shocking... but that’s why they play it on the field and not on paper. 

But.... 

Who would have guessed that a WOS team might start 1-3? One thing is for sure, you can’t accuse WOS of loading up on a cupcake schedule for preseason. 

8 minutes ago, LC-M said:

Its going to be a tough one for the Mustangs. But playoff time they will be fine. The young Qb will be prepared by then. I think Crosby is to much for them in this one.

Well it's not the playoffs and wos just needs to focus on Crosby, if wos was 3-0 they could still lose to Crosby, and just because they are 1-2 doesn't mean they can't beat Crosby. It's not like they didn't have a chance to win the two games they lost because they did, Nederland and netwon made just a few more plays and got the vic they will tell you that themselves. This is the week from here on out wos stops screwing up  and put it all together and come out 21 10 against Crosby. And lcm go watch film for little cypress and go help crouch dont worry about horseshoe AVENUE.

Lord, attitudes bubble pop will be heard throughout the golden triangle right around the end of the 1st quarter. WOS will be fine this year, but doubt they will turn it around the week, Crosby just took down Goliath and has been resting for a week. Crosby at home to top it off..goodluck

4 minutes ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

Well it's not the playoffs and wos just needs to focus on Crosby, if wos was 3-0 they could still lose to Crosby, and just because they are 1-2 doesn't mean they can't beat Crosby. It's not like they didn't have a chance to win the two games they lost because they did, Nederland and netwon made just a few more plays and got the vic they will tell you that themselves. This is the week from here on out wos stops screwing up  and put it all together and come out 21 10 against Crosby. And lcm go watch film for little cypress and go help crouch dont worry about horseshoe AVENUE.

Look man you were out of the state when Newton played WOS. Ive actually seen WOS more then I have seen LCM. How many WOS games have you made this year? I don't think you have watched the mustangs this year. Could WOS beat Crosby yes anything is possibly but not likely buddy. I understand you trying to be up beat and everything. I love HS football and I watch film on pretty much on every team that I go watch to see the best match up. You can ask one of my friends that is a WOS fan about my predictions so far and ive been right against NED and Newton. I was two points off of the LCM game. Just because I graduated from LCM doesn't mean I don't know football. Do you realize that WOS coaching staff has atleast 3 LCM Alum on it. Also im not worried about the mustangs because when playoffs come around that's when it counts. Be humble and hungry man. I think a lot of wos fans take for granted the talent yall had on those past teams.

41 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

Crosby should obviously be the favorite. Upsets happen but at this stage if the season, a WOS win would almost be shocking... but that’s why they play it on the field and not on paper. 

But.... 

Who would have guessed that a WOS team might start 1-3? One thing is for sure, you can’t accuse WOS of loading up on a cupcake schedule for preseason. 

Wos never does. u cant find out what u have by playing st Mary school for the blind and sisters of the dead. But there are alot of schools that rather play those kind of teams than play wos 

38 minutes ago, 3rdandlong said:

WOS may surprise a few this week, then Watch out for bandwagon fans lol

Hey, take it easy on the bandwagon fans. The only team we have been able to root for making it consistently past the third round of the playoffs has been WO-S and Newton. I graduated from a school that  takes an annual 55 to 0 beating from the Stangs' but hey, ill root for them if they are the only team from the area left in the playoffs. :)  

3 hours ago, LC-M said:

Look man you were out of the state when Newton played WOS. Ive actually seen WOS more then I have seen LCM. How many WOS games have you made this year? I don't think you have watched the mustangs this year. Could WOS beat Crosby yes anything is possibly but not likely buddy. I understand you trying to be up beat and everything. I love HS football and I watch film on pretty much on every team that I go watch to see the best match up. You can ask one of my friends that is a WOS fan about my predictions so far and ive been right against NED and Newton. I was two points off of the LCM game. Just because I graduated from LCM doesn't mean I don't know football. Do you realize that WOS coaching staff has atleast 3 LCM Alum on it. Also im not worried about the mustangs because when playoffs come around that's when it counts. Be humble and hungry man. I think a lot of wos fans take for granted the talent yall had on those past teams.

Are talking about the ones who come and sit in the stands on their duff and do not cheer.  Yea, I agree with u on that point.

Two years ago, this would’ve been a Great game.  Still may be.  I don’t think WOS will win, but can they?  Yeah boy howdy.  And anyone that doesn’t think they can win, remember one thing - How many of you picked Crosby to beat Manvel?  Not many.  You let Crosby give WOS a +4 in turnovers and it’ll probably be a close game.  Just hope it’s a good game, with no injuries, and Crosby can move on to Dist play & WOS can play BC.

I really like Crosby’s chances in this one. Two weeks to prepare for a young team coming off a physical/emotional game that has to make a long bus ride to a hostile environment. WOS looking to be only the second team in five years to come into The Jungle and win. Different time and classification but there are a lot of the older fans looking forward to the nostalgia of this one. 

WOS’ defensive numbers still look pretty good, but I think WOS is going to need 35+ to win and I’m not seeing how they get it? I would point to NC’s offensive numbers after they played Crosby, conversely I would point to WOS’ numbers against Nederland and Newton. I think Crosby is going to wear WOS down in the run game and Howard is probably the best qb WOS will see whether they make it back to the title game or not. Anything can happen but I feel pretty strongly about Crosby winning this one comfortably. 

18 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I really like Crosby’s chances in this one. Two weeks to prepare for a young team coming off a physical/emotional game that has to make a long bus ride to a hostile environment. WOS looking to be only the second team in five years to come into The Jungle and win. Different time and classification but there are a lot of the older fans looking forward to the nostalgia of this one. 

WOS’ defensive numbers still look pretty good, but I think WOS is going to need 35+ to win and I’m not seeing how they get it? I would point to NC’s offensive numbers after they played Crosby, conversely I would point to WOS’ numbers against Nederland and Newton. I think Crosby is going to wear WOS down in the run game and Howard is probably the best qb WOS will see whether they make it back to the title game or not. Anything can happen but I feel pretty strongly about Crosby winning this one comfortably. 

WOS is hard to wear down. The most physical workout of any club around. But, with that said, I think Crosby has too much fire power to stop. Crosby will get a good look at good Defensive coverage before district starts. SHould help them. 

I think WOS has a lead during this game. 

Crosby needs to get an early lead and keep it, none of this giving up 7 easy points to start every game nonsense. 

If my boys think this is gonna be an easy one they need to remember the way that Jasper game started last year. Anything can happen and when your the underdog no reason to play a straight-up game show the wrinkles you want everyone to have to prepare for and save the real wrinkles for the postseason. 

2 hours ago, FrodoNDN said:

WOS is hard to wear down. The most physical workout of any club around. But, with that said, I think Crosby has too much fire power to stop. Crosby will get a good look at good Defensive coverage before district starts. SHould help them. 

Just a numbers thing tho. Smaller schools with less players = get tired first. 

I was honestly surprised how much better we played tired than Manvel. 

2 hours ago, Cougtalk said:

Just a numbers thing tho. Smaller schools with less players = get tired first. 

I was honestly surprised how much better we played tired than Manvel. 

Numbers do favor Crosby big time .but if they can't get a big lead on them going to the 4th. Crosby will catch the blues out of them.bcz these kids are build for that.

Crosby should beat a 4A team every time, but so should PNG , Nederland , Vidor and all other 5A teams. But this is WOS we are talking about , yeah they are still a work in progress this year but if the QB position snaps into place anything can happen. Put a Jack Dallas caliber QB with this team and we would be 3 - 0 .