Please take the time to read our website rules

bullets13

I have pinned our site rules to the top of this forum.  If you are new, or have been here for awhile and have never read them, please do so now.  I’ve had to edit several posts lately, and issue a few warnings as well.  The biggest issues I’ve seen have had to do with profanity, insulting other members, and most importantly in my mind, calling out individual players in game threads for mistakes or perceived poor play.  Please remember that many of our local athletes read these forums, and the criticisms that you’re making on here may be read by the player’s family, his teammates, or even the player himself.  Thank you for taking the time to read this, and please abide by the site rules from this point forward.  

I was reading some of the post after the Wos vs Newton game and felt bad for what some were saying about these young men. My thoughts were I would not want my Son if he were playing to read some of these post. It could destroy any self confidence a young man may have . Encouragement and support works much better. A little tough love helps also but many go beyond that marker. I'm not a Wos homer but I believe in those guys and will be pulling for them. They will overcome. 

Very well said.....at the end of the day, these are all still young men...some are still kids. They all work their tails off just to step on the field on Friday nights. Most folks on here don't have the luxury to have a hometown team who is a "football factory" or "always dominant". We all experience down years, new coaching, etc...I care more about how you develop the young men you have then what your team did in 30 yrs ago... 

Or how successful you were with "so and so" or how your 20?? team was the greatest ever in the history of football.  This happens every Friday folks....some win, some lose but all these kids are giving their best. You may get a year when you're loaded with talent....then you're a great coach ( because you win). They all graduate, you're young and challenged...and you lose....(you're a terrible coach, you didn't "coach up" you're new team.  Some schools are just learning what we've all been dealing with for years. (It's gonna be alright guys...the Sun will rise tomorrow). Just do the best you can!

On 9/16/2018 at 2:42 PM, Cactus said:

I was reading some of the post after the Wos vs Newton game and felt bad for what some were saying about these young men. My thoughts were I would not want my Son if he were playing to read some of these post. It could destroy any self confidence a young man may have . Encouragement and support works much better. A little tough love helps also but many go beyond that marker. I'm not a Wos homer but I believe in those guys and will be pulling for them. They will overcome. 

I don't understand y anyone has a problem with the wos and netwon game. It was a very well play game for the most part and netwon came through with the vic.