Port Arthur Memorial 10 Beaumont United 3/FINAL

WOSgrad

4 minutes ago, WHO DAT???? said:

Date a png grad. Not from here. They are who i follow.

But i guess you havent read the posts where i said they are toast without shug especially next year.

You went to the lamest school in port arthur and didnt prolly even play ball. You have no perspective Polk.

Sfa lol!!! Wouldve smashed your school!

acutally, we went to the semi's twice but again, JC in LA is a midget among dwarfs and hobbits.  

just getting home from the game. PAM didn’t show up to play. Gotta work on snaps obviously and qb has to figure it out. United had the speed to match PAM. When they face a blitz happy team and the qb has no accuracy or touch, it’s bambi 2.0!!! DC gotta do better!!! He won a ring in hs at La Marque on that fast 03 team. He should have those db’s lined up.

United not half bad. Not sure if PAM really sucked tonight or United got up for this one

21 minutes ago, pakronos said:

just getting home from the game. PAM didn’t show up to play. Gotta work on snaps obviously and qb has to figure it out. United had the speed to match PAM. When they face a blitz happy team and the qb has no accuracy or touch, it’s bambi 2.0!!! DC gotta do better!!! He won a ring in hs at La Marque on that fast 03 team. He should have those db’s lined up.

United not half bad. Not sure if PAM really sucked tonight or United got up for this one

3rd string center.  Not only bad snaps, but I'm sure, because I wasn't there, missed line calls and missed blocks. Can't run the play properly if you can't get the ball to the QB.....

With that said

Why doesn't Morgan and nem have a snap from under center package?

Inquiring minds would like to know......

Anyway, 3-0 with a week off and the hapless Yellow Jackets up next in 2 weeks

3 hours ago, WHO DAT???? said:

PortArthur33

• Advanced Member
  •  
  • PortArthur33
  • Members
  • 139 posts

As some PA faithful have said before, the best arm/passer in the area plays at Memorial. Lol

•  

PA4Real

• Advanced Member
  •  
  • PA4Real
  • Members
  • 209 posts

I heard a lot of people saying that last night. They seem to have it all. Defense, offense, and special teams and will only get better as the season goes.  They have the best passer in the area (you had to be there...lol) a hongry (yeah, I said it, HONGRY) young bull at running back. Good receiving core and o-line and one of the best Defenses in the state.

I could have swore one of yall said yall had the best passer in the area! Better than Elia, Johnson, Fernandez, and Howard!......

This is the hidden content, please

My friend, I don't take back 1 thing I said.  I've seen the kid enough to stick with what I've said. I wasn't at the game, but I got enough feedback from someone that has coached football for over 40 years.  

7 hours ago, BoGip7387 said:

Can someone please tell me if the refs was making the right call on those fair catches? The U player never waved his hand over his head but did the lookout, get outta the way motion and caught the ball on a bounce. I thought you can return those?

It looked like he called for a fair catch.  That's why the kickoff team pulled back.  They would have lit him up if they didn't think he called it.

7 hours ago, BoGip7387 said:

Can someone please tell me if the refs was making the right call on those fair catches? The U player never waved his hand over his head but did the lookout, get outta the way motion and caught the ball on a bounce. I thought you can return those?

To signal a fair catch the receiver must raise one arm fully above his head and wave it from side to side while the ball is in flight. If the receiver fails to give a proper signal (arm not fully extended) the receiving team is penalized five yards for an invalid fair catch signal, marked from the spot of the signal, and the player is not protected from being tackled.

1. Refs were a joke.  I don't every remember it being this bad.  Head Ref had no clue.  Didn't know a penalties a piece for each team offset.  Also ruled an interception as an incomplete pass, and threw flags for holding after seeing how the play would finish.  Constantly had to get guidance from other refs.  Dude, you wear the white hate.  Smh.

2. United's D balled out.  Very impressed the way the d-line imposed their will.  Secondary was swarming as well.   Big 64 was a man.  United d almost took a Memorial Receiver's head off.  

3.  #9 for Memorial is an animal.  If he a not double teamed, that animal will eat all night long.  Glad that adjustment was made.

4. Why didn't Memorial not  continue with the NASCAR offense.  Good change of pace if you ask me.  

5. Just because you look like a qb and move like one don't mean that you are one.  Several plays I was asking who the heck was he throwing to?  Many of those are easy passes.  With a bye week, maybe this can be addressed because it's 3 weeks in a row, 2 weeks costing the team a possible win.  You can stay on the field start and play for me,  it just not at QB.

6. My first United game and I loved to team spirit.  Gold and Maroon everywhere...

7. Bands

Stand battle - Memorial

Halftime show - United

5th quarter - Memorial

Pretty cool to say Memorial only has like 70 kids.  

9 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

1. Refs were a joke.  I don't every remember it being this bad.  Head Ref had no clue.  Didn't know a penalties a piece for each team offset.  Also ruled an interception as an incomplete pass, and threw flags for holding after seeing how the play would finish.  Constantly had to get guidance from other refs.  Dude, you wear the white hate.  Smh.

2. United's D balled out.  Very impressed the way the d-line imposed their will.  Secondary was swarming as well.   Big 64 was a man.  United d almost took a Memorial Receiver's head off.  

3.  #9 for Memorial is an animal.  If he a not double teamed, that animal will eat all night long.  Glad that adjustment was made.

4. Why didn't Memorial not  continue with the NASCAR offense.  Good change of pace if you ask me.  

5. Just because you look like a qb and move like one don't mean that you are one.  Several plays I was asking who the heck was he throwing to?  Many of those are easy passes.  With a bye week, maybe this can be addressed because it's 3 weeks in a row, 2 weeks costing the team a possible win.  You can stay on the field start and play for me,  it just not at QB.

6. My first United game and I loved to team spirit.  Gold and Maroon everywhere...

7. Bands

Stand battle - Memorial

Halftime show - United

5th quarter - Memorial

Pretty cool to say Memorial only has like 70 kids.  

Nawww.  Lol. It was a clean sweep, but that guitar solo was sweet.

11 minutes ago, PA4Real said:

Nawww.  Lol. It was a clean sweep, but that guitar solo was sweet.

The guitar solo pushed it it over the top.  Funny thing is we had like 3 options of tricks had planned.  We chose the girl with the guitar...  But y'all were expected to do good.  

And do y'all play any other teams with show style bands anymore this year?

5 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

The guitar solo pushed it it over the top.  Funny thing is we had like 3 options of tricks had planned.  We chose the girl with the guitar...  But y'all were expected to do good.  

Yall are the one and only this yr.  

11 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

The guitar solo with that song......On point

We couldn't even hear our singer.  Didn't know what she was singing or nothing.

12 hours ago, PABorn said:

I haven't read all the posts and I wasn't at the game. I would have thought them Titans would have blown out United though. Did United show up to play or was memorial just that bad? 

That game was so sloppy I am not sure if anyone showed up to play. 

No matter who you are, sometimes about everything you try seems to go wrong. Your qb isn’t as sharp as usual, your star running back can’t hold onto the ball, your linemen continually forget the snap count, etc  

This looked like two teams in that mode. It seemed like almost every play was a penalty, a mishandled snap, a dropped ball, refs having to confer on the rules or many times, a combination of those. 

Hopefully both teams got that kind of game out of the way for the rest of the year.