Port Arthur Memorial 10 Beaumont United 3/FINAL

WOSgrad

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 10:54 PM, pakronos said:

just getting home from the game. PAM didn’t show up to play. Gotta work on snaps obviously and qb has to figure it out. United had the speed to match PAM. When they face a blitz happy team and the qb has no accuracy or touch, it’s bambi 2.0!!! DC gotta do better!!! He won a ring in hs at La Marque on that fast 03 team. He should have those db’s lined up.

United not half bad. Not sure if PAM really sucked tonight or United got up for this one

I've ignored most of your post since football season began this year but I will make these comments and then walk away from this thread after this.  Injuries are part of the game.  You all were not at 100% and neither were we.  I didn't see any major injures during this game and hopefully both teams can be healed up as district play starts in 2 weeks. 

What you seen as for the United defense Saturday night is the result of the defense being turned over LAST WEEK to a former Central coach and a few other changes.  If that defense can stay healthy and play like that every Friday night, they will have the 2nd best defense in district, only behind North Shore.  We just have to get the offense to execute and shore up some things on special teams.

I wish the Titans luck and I hope they run the table on the way to state.  Hopefully, if nothing else, Saturday's game showed  them some things that may need to get fixed so they can do that. 

On 9/16/2018 at 9:55 AM, BMTSoulja1 said:

1. Refs were a joke.  I don't every remember it being this bad.  Head Ref had no clue.  Didn't know a penalties a piece for each team offset.  Also ruled an interception as an incomplete pass, and threw flags for holding after seeing how the play would finish.  Constantly had to get guidance from other refs.  Dude, you wear the white hate.  Smh.

2. United's D balled out.  Very impressed the way the d-line imposed their will.  Secondary was swarming as well.   Big 64 was a man.  United d almost took a Memorial Receiver's head off.  

3.  #9 for Memorial is an animal.  If he a not double teamed, that animal will eat all night long.  Glad that adjustment was made.

4. Why didn't Memorial not  continue with the NASCAR offense.  Good change of pace if you ask me.  

5. Just because you look like a qb and move like one don't mean that you are one.  Several plays I was asking who the heck was he throwing to?  Many of those are easy passes.  With a bye week, maybe this can be addressed because it's 3 weeks in a row, 2 weeks costing the team a possible win.  You can stay on the field start and play for me,  it just not at QB.

6. My first United game and I loved to team spirit.  Gold and Maroon everywhere...

7. Bands

Stand battle - Memorial

Halftime show - United

5th quarter - Memorial

Pretty cool to say Memorial only has like 70 kids.  

what band were you watching?? Memorial won the whole thing. those kids were trying to march like memorial and was damn near running into each other. and PAM has close 90 that march

6 minutes ago, pakronos said:

what band were you watching?? Memorial won the whole thing. those kids were trying to march like memorial and was damn near running into each other. and PAM has close 90 that march

I was watching it.  There was 1 kid that didn't turn on the full turn, but I did see a couple of Memorial kids off stop.  But the Guitar player pushed United over the top.  

7 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I was watching it.  There was 1 kid that didn't turn on the full turn, but I did see a couple of Memorial kids off stop.  But the Guitar player pushed United over the top.  

ummm...there was a guitar player?? dude those kids was stumbling..one memorial kid missed one step once. PAM has been grand champion for years....United has untuned drums and it sounds like that HISD garbage lol