Tomball 31 Port Neches-Groves 21/FINAL

WOSgrad

13 minutes ago, FrodoNDN said:

There is potential there on this team.  Will it come together in district play? I don't know. But the one Thing RJ can do and has done is lead. I expect that once he comes back he will get the guys going. Riggs was very special too. Did he go to a college?

Dont think so in regard to Riggs, unless it was for soccer

When your QB is one of the TOP DUAL THREAT'S  in the NATION....You might miss him when he's not on the field. When the offense is built around one of the TOP DUAL THREAT's in the NATION.....huge hole left. Come on people, spread the poison somewhere else.

IN THE NATION!!!!!!!!! Not the litlle ole Golden Triangle. Nation.

:)

I think we are all missing the fact that our defense allowed 31 points to be scored on us. We  also had two great passes dropped in the endzone that would have been game changers. This isn’t all about the QB situation. Was Roschon missed? Absolutely. I still think our back up went out and did his job. Let’s also remember that we haven’t exactly planned for the future. Most of our receivers are very inexperienced and the two that have the most experience spent the majority of their time on the bench last year. 

5 minutes ago, ndn mom said:

I think we are all missing the fact that our defense allowed 31 points to be scored on us. We  also had two great passes dropped in the endzone that would have been game changers. This isn’t all about the QB situation. Was Roschon missed? Absolutely. I still think our back up went out and did his job. Let’s also remember that we haven’t exactly planned for the future. Most of our receivers are very inexperienced and the two that have the most experience spent the majority of their time on the bench last year. 

I agree, Grant did an awesome job. The defense was disappointing in the second half. 1st half was decent. Could it have been the heat? People were passing out in the stands.I don't know. I expected more with the 2 DB's back this week. Would we have won the game with RJ? Who knows. He makes plays happen.

There are a lot of things we need to improve on.

Just frustrated, that people think the team is expected to not miss a beat when they lose such an important piece of the puzzle.

5 minutes ago, bigdog said:

And PNG got beat by a team they should have beat by 20 .  Congrats.

Missing the point by a mile while still proving my point. Don't laugh at one team who struggled without their starting QB when the same happens to your team. Goodness the ignorance on this board runs at high levels sometimes. 

38 minutes ago, bigdog said:

the difference being, Ned won with their backup.  :)

37 minutes ago, bigdog said:

the difference being, Ned won with their backup.  :)

2 hours ago, NDNation said:

TOP DUAL THREAT'S  in the NATION...

aman!!! and last year, we beat the best THE "TOP DUAL THREAT'S IN THE NATION"...CRY SOME WHERE ELSE!!!

48 minutes ago, aki1994 said:

Missing the point by a mile while still proving my point. Don't laugh at one team who struggled without their starting QB when the same happens to your team. Goodness the ignorance on this board runs at high levels sometimes. 

no , you made my point.   One team won even though they lost the starting QB (for the second time) and the other's offense is so dependent on their QB that they lost to a team that they shouldn't have.   Thanks for playing.

9 minutes ago, bigdog said:

no , you made my point.   One team won even though they lost the starting QB (for the second time) and the other's offense is so dependent on their QB that they lost to a team that they shouldn't have.   Thanks for playing.

Who's crying?? I don't see any Indian fans with tears.

PNG will be fine come district time. Always are. Up year, down year, doesn't matter. Always a competitive team. Not going to lie, some of you sound pretty spoiled on being dominant, and have a hard time just being a good team. But then again..I've been a Vidor Pirate since birth, and the last 19 or 20 years have been a treat for the most part. Even the .500 seasons are a treat to some of us. You can't have Long's and Roschon's every year...but this is my favorite part about team sports - You don't need the best players..you need the right players.

22 minutes ago, TenaciousK said:

PNG will be fine come district time. Always are. Up year, down year, doesn't matter. Always a competitive team. Not going to lie, some of you sound pretty spoiled on being dominant, and have a hard time just being a good team. But then again..I've been a Vidor Pirate since birth, and the last 19 or 20 years have been a treat for the most part. Even the .500 seasons are a treat to some of us. You can't have Long's and Roschon's every year...but this is my favorite part about team sports - You don't need the best players..you need the right players.

I wouldn't say we've been dominant. We've shared the DC for 2 years in a row and have only made it to the 3rd round.

16 minutes ago, NDNation said:

I wouldn't say we've been dominant. We've shared the DC for 2 years in a row and have only made it to the 3rd round.

If I had a meme of the lady with 1st world problems, I'd serve it to you. A shared title..2 years in a row...3rd round depth... I would love to have your problems. :) All in good fun, friendo.

6 minutes ago, NDNation said:

LOL. Ok, from our little district, maybe. But bigger picture......nah

Que Nederland Fans

Hey wins are hard to come by for some of us. In 2001, We made up a trophy and declared ourselves Mid County Champs for beating both Nederland and PNG in the same year. I'd wager I'll dead before we do that again, and I was just a sophomore then. So...we'll see. LOL