Tomball 31 Port Neches-Groves 21/FINAL

WOSgrad

2 hours ago, prepballfan said:

Been hearing all week they would slaughter us???

They had two tds called back and only got three points on those two drives. Was going to be between 28-31 unanswered in the second half instead of just 24. PNG easily wins that game by 20+ with a healthy RJ. Tomball will most likely finish 5th in their district this year. 

I figured Tomball would win this one by at least two tds but I also made the assumption Hunter Dunn would’ve progressed more from a promising sophomore year. Kid looks good on the hoof but couldn’t hit the side of a barn today. Still can figure out why PNG just completely abandoned the run. 

For the most part the QB did his job. He hit WR’s in the hands and they dropped em. Several drives started with penalties. Clean up the penalties and quit dropping the ball and Roger’s can guide this offense. They will have to do something with the defensive back that is killing us. Put a freshman or sophomore in there and get them ready. They cant do any worse. 

26 minutes ago, outanup said:

Didn’t see this coming.... figured the injuns would pull it out.... Forget about the O.... we know that story, the D giving up 31 to Tomball is the shocker....

Honestly I don’t think the problem on offense was the QB. We have to catch the ball and we have to realize when the run game isn’t working! Overall I think Grant Rogers stepped up and did a great job. 

We also have to stop with the penalties. It’s terrible! 

9 minutes ago, ndn mom said:

Honestly I don’t think the problem on offense was the QB. We have to catch the ball and we have to realize when the run game isn’t working! Overall I think Grant Rogers stepped up and did a great job. 

We also have to stop with the penalties. It’s terrible! 

Penalties aren’t called most of the time.  It’s a conundrum.  Dropped passes is an omen.  Drop TDs and lose.  Run the ball for positive yardage every time and you should win unless you drop TD passes.  Endzone TD passes got dropped.  No wonder we lose

Alot of those backs and Wrs should have been out there more often with Roschon in the spring and summer mornings. He was there nearly every day working on something to improve and it shows. Thats the way you do it when you are serious about the game. Thats how you get better. It has to be in you man.  Cant teach work ethic, you have to self motivate and want it

1 hour ago, Eagle91 said:

For the most part the QB did his job. He hit WR’s in the hands and they dropped em. Several drives started with penalties. Clean up the penalties and quit dropping the ball and Roger’s can guide this offense. They will have to do something with the defensive back that is killing us. Put a freshman or sophomore in there and get them ready. They cant do any worse. 

Yep, he hasn't proved himself in two years, time yo give someone else a shot.

I am sure that the kids who dropped the TD passes feel pretty bad about it and will shoulder the blame for not scoring more. Number 3 that y’all are talking about feels the same way. May not wanna specify things and call kids out like that. Remember they are only kids. All Pros and all Americans do the same thing. These kids bustin their tails for png. Even if they come up short sometimes