Porter 48 Dayton 16/FINAL

WOSgrad

3 hours ago, CCbigfan said:

Smh, at least play for pride the whole coaching staff must go 

I don’t know how much pride is really left in Dayton? Small town politics often leads to appeasement, which leads to what you see on the field with Dayton. Sad part is that with the split of the classification Dayton is really set up to be a factor in 5A-D2 region three after a couple more realignments when some teams move up. Instead, they’re going to be a slight underdog when they play Lee for last place. 

Some of you Dayton folks wanted Stewart out SOOOO bad... well, he's out and look where your program is at now. I hate to say it, but the Dayton Broncos are not any good right now.

From the outside looking in ( I have only seen 2/3 games this year ) and 5 games from the previous 2 years... this is what I see, just my opinion.

1. I think the program has gone soft. In the old days ( '95-'12 ) Dayton was a bunch of tough guys. The coaches coached tough, the kids played tough. There was no doubt that even when Dayton was outmatched athletically or by better teams, Dayton was always gonna battle your a** off. The Broncos were going fight to win all the way to the end. Well, that's gone now. It appears that there is a lot of "Oh well" attitude ( from everybody ).
  2. It doesn't look like the Broncos are very strong. The skill kids look very underdeveloped physically for Varsity FB players compared to some of the kids on opposing teams. The lineman kids look "thick" like they would be strong, but I just haven't seen the OL/DL kids "man-handling" anybody. From the stands, it looks like they get pushed around.
  3. Not that the players can hear it or anything, but dang the fans in the stands are so negative! At this last game, I was sitting near the 45 yard line about 6 rows up, and all I heard for 3 quarters were people b!TC#!ng and complaining. "Why are they running this play, why don't they call that play, these coaches suck, we can't tackle, the uniforms don't look good, why are we playing that defense, so and so ought to be playing this position, we suck - so they ought to at least put my son in"... seriously people, give it a rest. Everyone wants their team to win, but y'all are ruining the fun experience of the game. I know the team is not playing well now, but as a fan base... y'all are VERY negative.

I'm just a guy that loves to watch football, but these are just my opinions of what I see happening over the last couple of years. Hopefully, the Broncos can turn it around and get back to the winning we like to see.

Wow, as someone who was brought up by Jerry from clear lake int and was part of the Lake transformation, unreal. Then I beat my mentor, Coach Stewart with Butch Lainey when I was DC in Crosby as Jerry cussed me out from across the field as they walked in at halftime- ( my kids from Crosby couldn’t believe I just stood there )guess he couldn’t handle student whipping teacher ass, but I didn’t grin cause I knew jerry and I knew paybacks are hell. They are and he got me/us back. Dayton has kids just like everyone, guess they are not trained mentally or physically,emotionally don’t know. There are some good coaches there, sometimes there are no explanations.  Just sad .

7 hours ago, Football Freak said:

Some of you Dayton folks wanted Stewart out SOOOO bad... well, he's out and look where your program is at now. I hate to say it, but the Dayton Broncos are not any good right now.

From the outside looking in ( I have only seen 2/3 games this year ) and 5 games from the previous 2 years... this is what I see, just my opinion.

1. I think the program has gone soft. In the old days ( '95-'12 ) Dayton was a bunch of tough guys. The coaches coached tough, the kids played tough. There was no doubt that even when Dayton was outmatched athletically or by better teams, Dayton was always gonna battle your a** off. The Broncos were going fight to win all the way to the end. Well, that's gone now. It appears that there is a lot of "Oh well" attitude ( from everybody ).
  2. It doesn't look like the Broncos are very strong. The skill kids look very underdeveloped physically for Varsity FB players compared to some of the kids on opposing teams. The lineman kids look "thick" like they would be strong, but I just haven't seen the OL/DL kids "man-handling" anybody. From the stands, it looks like they get pushed around.
  3. Not that the players can hear it or anything, but dang the fans in the stands are so negative! At this last game, I was sitting near the 45 yard line about 6 rows up, and all I heard for 3 quarters were people b!TC#!ng and complaining. "Why are they running this play, why don't they call that play, these coaches suck, we can't tackle, the uniforms don't look good, why are we playing that defense, so and so ought to be playing this position, we suck - so they ought to at least put my son in"... seriously people, give it a rest. Everyone wants their team to win, but y'all are ruining the fun experience of the game. I know the team is not playing well now, but as a fan base... y'all are VERY negative.

I'm just a guy that loves to watch football, but these are just my opinions of what I see happening over the last couple of years. Hopefully, the Broncos can turn it around and get back to the winning we like to see.

You meant Hancock and not Stewart right.