Bridge City 13 Anahuac 6/FINAL

WOSgrad

50 minutes ago, BullDozer said:

Long season for my panthers!

They scored 24 seconds into the game and then got shut out for the next 47:36. 

Discipline seemed to be a problem with offsides penalties keeping our drives alive. How big of a loss was #2 that got ejected? You guys also were in position to make it interesting. It was a close game and that is probably more positive for you than for us. 

Good luck. 

8 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Is BC still running the Wing T?

Yes... this year our line is undersized and we don’t have any real speed in our backfield. It does seem like Deshazo is mixing in more passes.... or at least the passing game is more successful when we air it out. 

We don’t seem to have any speedy backs like Denton, Morris, Baker, or Draper from years past. I’m used to watching backs find a hole and take it to the house. Ply is decently fast, but otherwise it’s truly 4 yards and a cloud of dust. Which is fine unless you can’t consistently get the 6-8 first downs you need to score. 

Tonight we had a td and two fgs. I know it was wet, but that was against Anahuac and the road only gets tougher from here.  

2 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Yes... this year our line is undersized and we don’t have any real speed in our backfield. It does seem like Deshazo is mixing in more passes.... or at least the passing game is more successful when we air it out. 

We don’t seem to have any speedy backs like Denton, Morris, Baker, or Draper from years past. I’m used to watching backs find a hole and take it to the house. Ply is decently fast, but otherwise it’s truly 4 yards and a cloud of dust. Which is fine unless you can’t consistently get the 6-8 first downs you need to score. 

Tonight we had a td and two fgs. I know it was wet, but that was against Anahuac and the road only gets tougher from here.  

Who was the kid that took it 70 so yards to the house vs. Silsbee last year.  He seem to have decent speed.

And yea, y'all dint do much without a decent size line with the offense y'all running...

13 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Who was the kid that took it 70 so yards to the house vs. Silsbee last year.  He seem to have decent speed.

And yea, y'all dint do much without a decent size line with the offense y'all running...

That was Hamm, if I remember correctly. He’s a junior this year, but he’s our ace on the diamond. He’s focusing on baseball, and I really don’t blame him. 

If our center weighs 185 pounds I’d be surprised. Not wanting to hate on the kids who are trying, but we look like our line is wearing roller skates on most plays. 

48 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

That was Hamm, if I remember correctly. He’s a junior this year, but he’s our ace on the diamond. He’s focusing on baseball, and I really don’t blame him. 

If our center weighs 185 pounds I’d be surprised. Not wanting to hate on the kids who are trying, but we look like our line is wearing roller skates on most plays. 

Dang.  He would've helped y'all this year (Hamm) .

So,  small and get pushed around (no technique).  Yea, it'll get bad before it gets better...