USC at Texas

UTfanatic

8 minutes ago, baddog said:

And the haters should be moving on now!

Let me take one from some of your cohort’s go-to book....uSC sucks this year so this win really tells us nothing. Did I do that right?

on a more serious note, they look like a completely different team than I saw against Maryland. Would have to assume the same for last week but I didn’t watch that one.

5 minutes ago, horndawg said:

Let me take one from some of your cohort’s go-to book....uSC sucks this year so this win really tells us nothing. Did I do that right?

on a more serious note, they look like a completely different team than I saw against Maryland. Would have to assume the same for last week but I didn’t watch that one.

Well, if USC sucks, then Texas is doing exactly what they should do to a team that sucks! Huge victory over a ranked team! Move along now hater.

11 minutes ago, horndawg said:

On the plus side, this game probably got Herman 2 more years..,,,

10 minutes ago, horndawg said:

Much different team than last week. May have been a win, but it was not pretty by any means. The offense was about as inconsistent as possible. Tonight the o-line is playing hard and moving people around, and Ehlinger is getting the ball out to the surplus of talent he has at wr. Never really worried about the defense because I figured talent would eventually prevail and they would hit their stride, but there is some youth and with youth comes mistakes from time to time. With all that being said, the loss to maryland is still unacceptable in my opinion.

4 hours ago, baddog said:

Texas will never live up to aggie approval so who gives a crap.

That was targeting. He needs to be tossed.

Meh, who cares?  They will always be moral victory U, mediocre U, etc.  in the end, they are pushing an inferior product so whether, it’s Herman, Strong, Brown, whomever, if you can’t make that sale, you are in the wrong business.  No one wants a Kia when you can have a Mercedes for the same price.  And when your target customers are 18 year old athletes, should be even easier.   

On a more relevant note, those freshman DBs looked some kind of special, didn’t they?   I didn’t even mind the Foster ejection.   We need that kind of physicality.   

Now on to the in-state rival we’ve really struggled with, aka the conference upgrade.   We will see if they can keep up this kind of tenacity.  The most promising part of tonight was the OL.  Regardless of how good or bad USC is, they are probably one of the two most “talented” teams we will face.