USC at Texas

UTfanatic

7 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Meh, who cares?  They will always be moral victory U, mediocre U, etc.  in the end, they are pushing an inferior product so whether, it’s Herman, Strong, Brown, whomever, if you can’t make that sale, you are in the wrong business.  No one wants a Kia when you can have a Mercedes for the same price.  And when your target customers are 18 year old athletes, should be even easier.   

On a more relevant note, those freshman DBs looked some kind of special, didn’t they?   I didn’t even mind the Foster ejection.   We need that kind of physicality.   

Now on to the in-state rival we’ve really struggled with, aka the conference upgrade.   We will see if they can keep up this kind of tenacity.  The most promising part of tonight was the OL.  Regardless of how good or bad USC is, they are probably one of the two most “talented” teams we will face.  

Yes, that was what I was alluding to in an earlier post. The defense was hitting, and I mean hitting hard, all night. I don,t care for the personal fouls, but when your defense is playing lights out as should be, you are going to see that. If only our backs could catch a ball, the score would have maybe been even more  lop-sided.

I think USC got hosed on the safety call, and that could have a huge effect on momentum, but the way the defense played, I'm not so sure. Give them 2 points for the safety, but we will never know about the following possession. They could have gone 3 and out......punt.

4 minutes ago, baddog said:

Yes, that was what I was alluding to in an earlier post. The defense was hitting, and I mean hitting hard, all night. I don,t care for the personal fouls, but when your defense is playing lights out as should be, you are going to see that. If only our backs could catch a ball, the score would have maybe been even more  lop-sided.

I think USC got hosed on the safety call, and that could have a huge effect on momentum, but the way the defense played, I'm not so sure. Give them 2 points for the safety, but we will never know about the following possession. They could have gone 3 and out......punt.

We ended up punting after the roughing the punter and they got it at midfield anyway.   But you’re right, momentum is a crazy powerful thing sometimes.  If they get the points AND the ball there, they might have driven down and scored and been a whole different game.  

By the way, anyone else as fond of Joel Klatt as I am?   Probably my favorite CFB broadcaster.   Really, really good.

6 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

We ended up punting after the roughing the punter and they got it at midfield anyway.   But you’re right, momentum is a crazy powerful thing sometimes.  If they get the points AND the ball there, they might have driven down and scored and been a whole different game.  

By the way, anyone else as fond of Joel Klatt as I am?   Probably my favorite CFB broadcaster.   Really, really good.

Yep, couldn't take advantage of the stupid roughing penalty. Hard to do when your QB takes a 15 yard sack. That's my biggest problem with him. Throw the ball away or take off running sooner. He started throwing it away after that. All in all a great effort teamwise. If I could wish for anything more, it would be more sacks early. If you pop a QB a few times, you get inside his head, that goes for any of them.

3 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

Ranked USC will be doing good to make a bowl game and most people not wearing burnt orange glasses said as much.  

Wow, Ags move up to 23rd, one place behind where USC was when they played Texas, because they played “good”. Since 22nd is considered suckdom, what is this ranking? I mean, if you are going to thump your chest, at least have something to thump about.

8 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Looking at week 4 poll thread that Mack posted here, it has A&M #22 in both polls

Wow, even the poll I looked at this morning has Ags @ 22. Oh well, one notch up in suckdom. Looks much better. If you play “good” against Bama, will you move up again without winning?

6 minutes ago, Past Pirate said:

And that lost counts the same as your lost to Clemson. As a LOST. Now do you want to take about your two wins vs UT’s?

and A&M's two wins counts the same as tu's two wins. AS WINS.

IMO, neither team (A&M, tu) is worthy of being top 25 at this point.

9 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

and A&M's two wins counts the same as tu's two wins. AS WINS.

IMO, neither team (A&M, tu) is worthy of being top 25 at this point.

I agree. I’m really bad about overreacting, but I agree. I honestly don’t even pay attention to rankings until week 5. Once you’re a month into the season, you can tell whether a team is a contender or not. And that’s all that matters anyways, who’s a contender for the playoffs. None of these ranking matter. Once the CFP committee gives their first rankings, that’s when it matters. Rankings are marketing strategies for television ratings.