Nederland 21 Silsbee 14/FINAL

WOSgrad

Congrats to Bulldogs.  Very sloppy and ugly game and you pulled it out.  Silsbee had many chances.  Defense played after the 1st quarter.  I see improvement, but we still need work on better blocking and passing.  Nederland will be fine and are very good running the ball.  They'll probably be playing for the district title in their district.  

Lots to work on in the next 2 weeks.....Got  a week off to polish, hone and grind.....Like our potential but, we have to improve on center qb exchange, punting,and deep snaps....Just to name a few. The run game has a big upside, but hasnt really hit its stride. 2 young backs that move the chains and a couple of other upper classmen that can tote the mail....Deepest weve been in the backfield in yrs......

8 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Box score: 

This is the hidden content, please

Did Nederland really only have 1 fumble??  I cam remember 2 i believe off hand.  One that we knocked around for about a thousand yards before they recovered it.  Another on a kickoff that went right to another Nederland player. ( right after the one we recovered on the kickoff that didnt count because of the offsides).  And then what does the snap over the punters head actually list as?  One other question is how does a player have receiving yards but no reception?

5 minutes ago, ST413 said:

Did Nederland really only have 1 fumble??  I cam remember 2 i believe off hand.  One that we knocked around for about a thousand yards before they recovered it.  Another on a kickoff that went right to another Nederland player. ( right after the one we recovered on the kickoff that didnt count because of the offsides).  And then what does the snap over the punters head actually list as?  One other question is how does a player have receiving yards but no reception?

Stats dont look accurate to me......jmo.

10 minutes ago, outanup said:

Stats dont look accurate to me......jmo.

9 minutes ago, outanup said:

Seems we had an interception or 2 also?

I think those yards for Martin must have been from the hook and ladder, just dont 5hink they should be listed as receiving yards but not sure.  The do have the 2 ints listed on the qb stats.  

1 hour ago, ST413 said:

If the team recovers their own fumble does it count in the stats as a fumble?

they may only be counting fumbles lost. That would be my only explanation for it.

8 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

If the team recovers their own fumble does it count in the stats as a fumble?

they may only be counting fumbles lost. That would be my only explanation for it.

The stat has numbers for total fumbles and fumbles lost.  They list nederland as 1-0 and us at 5-3 meaning thet had 1 fumble and did not lose it , where we lost 3 of 5.

29 minutes ago, chorizo said:

He is fine,could of went back in,just slipped again and tweaked same knee again that he hurt in scrimmage,now he has two full weeks to heal before district which is good!!!

Not really sure your information is very credible as you think.  You said the team would wear gold pants in the mud as a reply to someone not wanting to get white pants dirty.  Turns out they did actually wear white pants...  

19 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Not really sure your information is very credible as you think.  You said the team would wear gold pants in the mud as a reply to someone not wanting to get white pants dirty.  Turns out they did actually wear white pants...  

Turns out the gold pants were still dirty from the extra scrimmages and spring games.....

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I only went by what my son told me they were wearing,I thought they were wearing gold pants,not sure what happened I forgot to ask,but I’ll find out just for you!!