Newton 21 West Orange-Stark 7/FINAL

WOSgrad

On 9/15/2018 at 4:48 PM, griff said:

All the talk about WO-S finding a QB needs to take a rest. Please. The sophomore QB we have has tracked nicely upward with his play at every level since 7th grade. This was his second start, in wet and sloppy field conditions, with an all time great Newton team in front of him. That should stop being the measuring stick for this kid. He is right where he needs to be. Have patience and show some better reasoning here, please. He will be fine. I expect improvement from him throughout the season. So should you. Watch and see.  

You guys do know when someone says find a qb that it means stop the rotation of qb's? We're not really advocating for going out and finding a different qb in the streets. Quit taking things in the literal sense. QB rotations do NOT work. Figuratively speaking FIND A QB!!!

20 hours ago, purpleeagle said:

WO-S fans should move on from this game. WO-S is going through growing pains. Newton will lose a  ton of people next year and will have to go through the same growing pains. WO-S will be all right as long as Cornell it there. Just in case WO-S want's to get rid of him, there is a long list of school that would love to have him, including Newton. WO-S will be all right. Regardless of what happens in pre district games, WO-S will walk through their district and you might just see them and Newton at AT&T stadium.

Finally someone from Newton speaking common sense. Growing pains, weakest, inexperienced, whatever works in you vocabulary. This is not a typical WOS team...doesn't mean they are not good, just means what purpleeagle said. I talk noise in San Antonio about WOS all the time, but I know what I see this year. They will be fine. WOS  being fine is most teams really good. Cornell has been masterful over the past 4 years and set a certain standard (victim of his own success). He'll coach them up but until then lets just tell it like it is.

16 minutes ago, 3rdone said:

Finally someone from Newton speaking common sense. Growing pains, weakest, inexperienced, whatever works in you vocabulary. This is not a typical WOS team...doesn't mean they are not good, just means what purpleeagle said. I talk noise in San Antonio about WOS all the time, but I know what I see this year. They will be fine. WOS  being fine is most teams really good. Cornell has been masterful over the past 4 years and set a certain standard (victim of his own success). He'll coach them up but until then lets just tell it like it is.

Well said, now beat crosby

On 9/15/2018 at 0:53 PM, 3rdandlong said:

Try to support them instead of calling them weak, heck add couple missed extra points and they would they would have beat Nederland,, they will be ready for Crosby and give it everything

Nederland missed 2 kicking attempts as well in the WOS game. This years wos team is far from weak imo & WOS will make another successful run in district & the playoffs

This thread is very interesting. The talk about coaching and the qb is crazy. Teams get better as the year progresses. Heck in 2016 Carthage wasn't very good until something clicked after we eeked by Silsbee. 16-0 isn't the only way you can win state. I'm from Carthage and I seem have more confidence than some of you WO-S fans. Yall lost to a phenomenal team. Learn from it and try to get back to AT&T. Funny how some of you had full confidence in the staff during the winning streak but not enough confidence that they can coach a team not as talented back to Austin.

6 hours ago, 3rdone said:

Team moved on from this game the moment it was over just like every week.

12 hours ago, 3rdone said:

You guys do know when someone says find a qb that it means stop the rotation of qb's? We're not really advocating for going out and finding a different qb in the streets. Quit taking things in the literal sense. QB rotations do NOT work. Figuratively speaking FIND A QB!!!

No, sir. Maybe YOU meant "stop rotating QBs", but more than one remark was made about our sophomore QB being not ready and specifically about his performance against Newton. Therefore, my reply was directly to those people and their comments. If you are not lumped into those, then it was not meant for you. 

8 hours ago, griff said:

No, sir. Maybe YOU meant "stop rotating QBs", but more than one remark was made about our sophomore QB being not ready and specifically about his performance against Newton. Therefore, my reply was directly to those people and their comments. If you are not lumped into those, then it was not meant for you. 

Remember when I saw Jack Dallas in a scrimmage and thought no way is this kid going to make it.lol.This would have made a Paul Harvey..."and the rest of the story" to say the lease.

I don't understand how people are bashing the coaching, or even these kids from WOS. This coaching staff has taken this program to 4 consecutive state championship games. 

You all are over reacting to this WOS team. Yes, they are young but at the same time, they are playing a brutal schedule.. The schedule that coach T prepared will have this young group ready to make a run.  When you play a tough schedule kids grow up. WOS is going to grow from this. Fans need to stop over reacting. WOS will dominate the district and make a huge run. 

13 hours ago, griff said:

ok I got you..there we go