Newton 21 West Orange-Stark 7/FINAL

WOSgrad

1 hour ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

Wos wasn't trying to hold the score down they were trying to win. U make it sound like they were playing not to get blown out. The score doesn't matter if ur not on the right side of it weather u get blown out or not. a win is a win and a lost is a lost in my book. Close only counts in horseshoes and  explosions. wos pop their load and it wasn't enough end of story 

Reminds of all the talk after the WOS and Liberty game a couple years back. 

3 hours ago, ST413 said:

A question for you WOS fans, I know y’all tend to put more of your best athletes on defense.  Is there one of those athletes on defense who should be moved to qb??

No. They have always put there best athletes on defense.its things just caught up with them.they been getting away with it for years.and u have an OC that is basic and don't know how to help the QB or the players on offense.he just calls a play and holing an athlete makes a play

3 hours ago, 3rdandlong said:

How did they do the last time newton beat them ? So saying that are the weakest is not calling them weak?  So had they won last night would they still be the weakest team in the last five years, heck no you would be saying this young team is gonna make some noise.

7 hours ago, dj said:

15 hours ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

Good game. Watching the recap and highlights, this was the right wos team to beat because its the only one newton couldve beat the past 3 years, imo. Their trio was too much for this particular wos team to keep up with. I dont see wos struggling as much to put up points like that with watson and especially not dallas at qb. But every year is different. Newton verly likely will repeat at their division. Good physical football on a friday

11 hours ago, P.A Texas in da building said:

10 hours ago, Just_Saying said:

18 hours ago, Fast Turtle said:

55 minutes ago, griff said:

All the talk about WO-S finding a QB needs to take a rest. Please. The sophomore QB we have has tracked nicely upward with his play at every level since 7th grade. This was his second start, in wet and sloppy field conditions, with an all time great Newton team in front of him. That should stop being the measuring stick for this kid. He is right where he needs to be. Have patience and show some better reasoning here, please. He will be fine. I expect improvement from him throughout the season. So should you. Watch and see.  

I agree. I think he’s going to be very good. He just may be the guy that tears Newton apart next year, who knows? He played against a team that rushes 5-6 guys every play, has a very talented secondary and the field was a mud pit. After a tough Crosby team, he will start gaining confidence and looking better. The schedule gets a lot easier, so that is a time I believe he will grow and be a different player by playoffs.

2 hours ago, 3rdone said:

Nah...I would take that 2016 Stang team and run through this years Newton team by 21+

There were people talking about that Stang team here in San Antonio and how they would match up with Cibolo Steele. They held a Sweetwater team that dropped 40+ on Gilmer to a doughnut in SC (on offense). That team was something else.

Look w.o couldn't beat no cibolo steele.they wouldn't be afraid of them.but no.we probably would have made it interesting with the offense and defense we had back then.depth would've came into play. I'm realistic and say w.o wouldn't have been a gud a matchup for last year carthage. Any year that they have gud QB play normally turns into those long runs in the playoffs.no matter what yr.that why anyone should be proud of last yr team.bcz we couldn't throw the ball.but he would run it.

14 minutes ago, Fast Turtle said:

I agree. I think he’s going to be very good. He just may be the guy that tears Newton apart next year, who knows? He played against a team that rushes 5-6 guys every play, has a very talented secondary and the field was a mud pit. After a tough Crosby team, he will start gaining confidence and looking better. The schedule gets a lot easier, so that is a time I believe he will grow and be a different player by playoffs.

I just watched it again.and concerned even more.ik early probably was nerves.with all the short arm throws.but u get to the 2nd half and look like he wasn't even close on throws.why I'm concerned is bcz I go to practice and watches him miss throws.i know he can get some what better. But accurate right now has me smh.and that's why i think if they had a better OC could really help him.

1 hour ago, griff said:

All the talk about WO-S finding a QB needs to take a rest. Please. The sophomore QB we have has tracked nicely upward with his play at every level since 7th grade. This was his second start, in wet and sloppy field conditions, with an all time great Newton team in front of him. That should stop being the measuring stick for this kid. He is right where he needs to be. Have patience and show some better reasoning here, please. He will be fine. I expect improvement from him throughout the season. So should you. Watch and see.  

Definitely agreed with you. Again, it is my opinion and nothing I can control since coaches make a decision even fans disagree with me so just opinion. 

From my gut, first game that #2 played QB and seem not fit his type at QB since he did played some defense which is fit for him somehow coaches decide put #9 play QB at last quarter. I see that he do have the talent and it will take time to learn the process. If you remember when Garrert (spell) #12 died then #8 play QB that he is sophomore then success later. Same thing with Dallas #3. 

Being sophomore is not easy and not mature yet but I can see #9 develop and mature later AS LONG AS coaches faith and much patient in him. Now I am concern that coaches seem lost faith in him last night come on I hope they are aware about field sloppy that make a difference and difficult to do that. It all about process to learn. 

#2, he is play well on defense that will fit him the best instead QB. 

I don't want coaches to keep rotate and switch #2 and #9 that can lead ruin the trust process also confusing and chemistry as well. 

Please let #9 play no matter what who he face against. By playoffs time, he will look different and much better that he learn it. 

Sorry long message! 

I'm sorry ed dryer horrible at calling plays.every play is predictable.no imagination as last year to help the QB out. Offense is very vanilla. Everything looks gud when u have offensive weapons like dallas,miller,hancock,shaw,wallace.now that he actually has to coach.he can't do it.i said the same thing last year.its not bcz w.o is a basic team that really wants to run the ball and control the clock.we are in a era where u have to put up points.and play sound defense.we better hope and pray stay a least a couple more years bcz of what he gets out of his defense.

I have heard about how bad WOS is, how young they are and how they are blah,blah. The one thing I have not heard is that maybe just maybe their losses were to good quality teams and they aren’t nearly as bad as all the nay sayers think. You can talk about all the past teams  you want to but they are gone, never to set foot on the field again. You have had some exceptional teams, they are gone. It is time to get behind the team you have now. They are not as bad as you think.

1 hour ago, kicker 2.0 said:

Dang phantom block in the back penalty!!!!

Yep! On an outdoor website I frequent I got to talking with someone about high school football. Turns out he is from Gilmer and he and his son were at the SC in 2014. He even said it was a very questionable call and said he doubts very seriously they would have come back if that TD was allowed. He said their whole crowd was in disbelief that they were getting it handed to them let they were on that first half! Oh well it’s water under the bridge now but it was interesting hearing that from a Gilmer guy!

WOS is in my opinion is one of the top 3-5 programs in the state of Texas.  Coach Thompson is as good as any coach in the US.  He knows what his OC is doing.  When his OC is not doing his job, he will change or find another one.  If a fan thinks he knows more than this coaching staff, he should definitely become a coach because he will be great.

2 hours ago, Old school eagle said:

WOS is in my opinion is one of the top 3-5 programs in the state of Texas.  Coach Thompson is as good as any coach in the US.  He knows what his OC is doing.  When his OC is not doing his job, he will change or find another one.  If a fan thinks he knows more than this coaching staff, he should definitely become a coach because he will be great.

WOS has the best won/loss ratio in the state . CT is 88% plus as Head Coach , we can’t really complain about anything. we are extremely blessed to have the coaches , players and families that support Mustang Football.

WO-S fans should move on from this game. WO-S is going through growing pains. Newton will lose a  ton of people next year and will have to go through the same growing pains. WO-S will be all right as long as Cornell it there. Just in case WO-S want's to get rid of him, there is a long list of school that would love to have him, including Newton. WO-S will be all right. Regardless of what happens in pre district games, WO-S will walk through their district and you might just see them and Newton at AT&T stadium.

On 9/15/2018 at 1:45 PM, 3rdandlong said:

How did they do the last time newton beat them ? So saying that are the weakest is not calling them weak?  So had they won last night would they still be the weakest team in the last five years, heck no you would be saying this young team is gonna make some noise.

Nope...I don't do that. Quit assuming things geez. WOS has lost to Nederland and Newton this year. Probably  going yo drop another one to Crosby. To sit here and say this team is AS good as the last 3 or 4 seasons is crazy and anyone that truly knows football would say the same. Newton won. They get the credit. But please for the love of God don't say this team is the same as the past teams WOS has had. Go back to ANY interview with coach T before the season and he said the same thing. Why does that bother you so much?? I meant inexperienced...there, is that better? The most "inexperienced"...semantics geez

6 minutes ago, 3rdone said:

Nope...I don't do that. Quit assuming things geez. WOS has lost to Nederland and Newton this year. Probably  going yo drop another one to Crosby. To sit here and say this team is AS good as the last 3 or 4 seasons is crazy and anyone that truly knows football would say the same. Newton won. They get the credit. But please for the love of God don't say this team is the same as the past teams WOS has had. Go back to ANY interview with coach T before the season and he said the same thing. Why does that bother you so much?? I meant inexperienced...there, is that better? The most "inexperienced"...semantics geez

I’m sorry the person you are trying to reach is unavailable please check the number you are dialing or call directory assistance or the West Orange / Crosby page. Thank you and have a great day