Newton 21 West Orange-Stark 7/FINAL

WOSgrad

30 minutes ago, Fast Turtle said:

By the way, the big 4star defensive end did not play tonight, so Newton only had 4 of their D1 guys out there. I expect WOS to make a long run. 

Unless they can find a QB.maybe 3rounds.and that what makes them kids so special.is that w.o hasn't had offense the last 2 yrs.and they find a way to get back 4yrs in a row.QB play will eventually get better next year and year after that.this year I can't see it.we have kids open and can't make a play.

6 minutes ago, dj said:

Unless they can find a QB.maybe 3rounds.and that what makes them kids so special.is that w.o hasn't had offense the last 2 yrs.and they find a way to get back 4yrs in a row.QB play will eventually get better next year and year after that.this year I can't see it.we have kids open and can't make a play.

6 minutes ago, dj said:

were they really as open as they were making it sound on the radio?

15 minutes ago, dj said:

I think they will lose.but it want be like u think. Some how and some way have to find an offense. Asking to much out the defense.

Yeah ok...Crosby just dropped an L on Manvel. It will be like anyone should think and then some...ESPECIALLY if WOS can't complete a forward pass!! Have you seen Manvel?

With that being said...Coach T said there will be some changes.

13 minutes ago, 3rdone said:

were they really as open as they were making it sound on the radio?

Lol yes !! So at the end of the  day shouldn't no one from w.o get mad. Kid just can't make a play. For instance they had the prefect play call on.caught Newton in a blitz.3-5 from Newton 40yrd line .Kid throws the ball short.hits a o/l that's was on the ground.kid could walk in if he can get to it.been young isn't an excuse.u either can do it or u cant.i watch yall,North shores and few other young kids make these plays.QB play hasn't developed in the last couple years and it's showing.its the fight in these what makes them special.theyre under man but still fighting.

So WOS isn't coaching up their QB's? That's not new at WOS. They have NEVER put emphasis on that. They just want someone to manage the game...think ALABAMA. But throwing the ball and hitting someone on the ground is on a different level.....hahahaha

Edited by 3rdone

Good game. Watching the recap and highlights, this was the right wos team to beat because its the only one newton couldve beat the past 3 years, imo. Their trio was too much for this particular wos team to keep up with. I dont see wos struggling as much to put up points like that with watson and especially not dallas at qb. But every year is different. Newton verly likely will repeat at their division. Good physical football on a friday

7 hours ago, kicker 2.0 said:

WOS will be fine. Next week another crazy test against Crosby. One thing is for sure is the young Mustangs will be well tested come district time!!

kicker, that will probably be the biggest understatement of the year.  The WOS schedule is brutal.  What I really hate is that you don’t have a passing game.  Crosby has probably worked on stopping the run for two weeks.  Play WOS, and next game is Vidor.  The Cougar cornerbacks will be bored to death lol.

7 hours ago, kicker 2.0 said:

After that, I still believe Newton and WOS are the best 2 teams in SETX. Yes, WOS lost to Nederland but they never count lol!

There's a team across the bridge that you may need to take a look at, PA Memorial is a very solid team on both sides of the ball. Btw the lost to Nederland does apply, lol!

1 hour ago, Just_Saying said:

They had a couple dropped screen passes but never a deep threat. Newton was clearly the better team. Didn’t hear any talk of how young WOS was before the game. Now that’s all kicker is saying. Take your L this week and prepare for the next from Crosby. 

Then you haven’t been listening. That talk started before two a days. But everybody goes thru rebuilding periods , it’s the nature of small school ball. Even with that , put a Jack Dallas in at  QB and that game would have been much closer, maybe even a W. Again not taking anything away from Newton they are solid. I’ve always followed them and cheered for them , when they aren’t playing us. I wish them the best , go get that hardware. 

8 hours ago, RedJollyRoger said:

There sure was a lot of talk leading up to this game.....and both teams will be better because of this game. But seriously, Newton is clearly the better team. Not a shot at the Blue and Silver....but a praise for the Purple!  Back to Back hardware

8 hours ago, RedJollyRoger said:

There sure was a lot of talk leading up to this game.....and both teams will be better because of this game. But seriously, Newton is clearly the better team. Not a shot at the Blue and Silver....but a praise for the Purple!  Back to Back hardware

Agreed I have no problem with that statement. This is in the books on to next week 

39 minutes ago, MMstangfan said:

Then you haven’t been listening. That talk started before two a days. But everybody goes thru rebuilding periods , it’s the nature of small school ball. Even with that , put a Jack Dallas in at  QB and that game would have been much closer, maybe even a W. Again not taking anything away from Newton they are solid. I’ve always followed them and cheered for them , when they aren’t playing us. I wish them the best , go get that hardware. 

Wos is not rebuilding they just didn't get it done and netwon did wos had their chances. Rebuilding is what lcm has been doing since 94 

9 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I think this makes the Silsbee/WOS matchup more intriguing.  

Could this be Silsbee’s year to knock off the Mustangs? It looks like they’ve got a decent chance with both offenses sputtering. 

Both teams are solid. Both teams have taken losses to solid 5A teams and then Newton, so their records honestly aren’t as bad as they look if you look at the teams they’ve played. I give the edge to WOS. They have a lot of athletes on the field and can stop the run for the most part. Barlow had a lot of yards, but a lot of those came on two big runs. 

2 hours ago, Just_Saying said:

They had a couple dropped screen passes but never a deep threat. Newton was clearly the better team. Didn’t hear any talk of how young WOS was before the game. Now that’s all kicker is saying. Take your L this week and prepare for the next from Crosby. 

Yep ur r young til u turn 50. We had our shots in the game and didn't make it happen. Newton came through when they needed too. I said before the game if ur going to beat netwon NO BIG PLAYS! and they had 3 that broke our backs.

Bottom line is we are in a rebuilding process this year.Defense is playing well and the DB's missed some tackles  that made the difference in this game.The offense had their chances and just couldn't get it done. QB play was non-existent.Newton had a lot to do with that but QB had some open receivers at times and couldn't get the ball to them.We gonna take a few more set backs that's for sure before it gets better.I for one don't see a deep run this year and that's ok.Happens to all teams.