Newton 21 West Orange-Stark 7/FINAL

WOSgrad

14 minutes ago, 3rdone said:

What does that have to do with anything

If you know anything about WOS they are barely a 4a and have never suited up more than 30 even back in the day...people get so stuck on divisions. And by lucky I mean that they ran into a very inexperienced WOS. It is 21-7 Newton against a bunch of sophmores with their 5 D1 players.

It’s ok , One breath at a time.... WOS will be fine 

11 minutes ago, 3rdone said:

If it takes 5 D1 bound players and  WOS only completing 4 passes on the night to beat this very young team...WOS has a very bright future...FIND A QB!!!!

It took a good team to beat a good WOS team. Enough with your young stuff. WOS was young last season and had so many new starters, yet, they played for the title. It’s just the fact that Newton is solid and won the game plain and simple. WOS is still very good.

11 minutes ago, j_dog said:

WOS will be ready by the time they get to Jasper in October.  They always are!

Hard to say . QB play took another step back. Foster the difference.salute to the young man.on running the offense. Going back and forth switching QB isn't the answer. 

4 minutes ago, Fast Turtle said:

It took a good team to beat a good WOS team. Enough with your young stuff. WOS was young last season and had so many new starters, yet, they played for the title. It’s just the fact that Newton is solid and won the game plain and simple. WOS is still very good.

They were nowhere NEAR as young and inexperienced as they are this year. Newton has a good team nobody is discounting that. Don't get mad because they ARE young...it's no biggie. Everyone at WOS knew what was coming this year. And yes you are right...it takes a Darn good team to beat them.

13 minutes ago, Fast Turtle said:

After that, I still believe Newton and WOS are the best 2 teams in SETX. Yes, WOS lost to Nederland but they never count lol!

I still cant sy much about WOS since i havent seen them.  Yet this one is about what i expected.  It sounds like WOS has the same problems offensively we have had.  At some point you have to be able to have some sort of passing game.  I would have thought you might have been able to score at least a couple times,  not sure if that late td was a good drive or against subs.  I do believe Newton has to be the odds om favorite and shouldnt have too big a test this year at least once district starts.  My only wish tonight is field conditions wouldnt have been as big a factor as they were in many games.

20 minutes ago, NDNation said:

30 minutes ago, 3rdone said:

Coach T sounded pissed in post-game interview!!! GEEZ....practice is going to be brutal...and if you thought Newton was good...watch out for Crosby. WOS has NOTHING Manvel through at them...YIKES

He was upset. He also said that "there will be new faces in the line-up next week"

21 minutes ago, Cougar239 said:

Well add another L to the losing column cause them Coogs from Crosby won't take it lightly on the 'Stangs from West Orange next week in The Jungle! 

Give me Crosby by a lot 

I think they will lose.but it want be like u think. Some how and some way have to find an offense. Asking to much out the defense.