Police officer enters wrong apartment, shoots resident

Big girl

17 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

Can an orange county cop write speeding tickets in newton county?

No. 

Only traffic jurisdiction (DWI is not traffic) is in your own county.  A city like Port Arthur has jurisdiction in both Jefferson and Orange counties because they have city limits in both counties. 

20 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

Can an orange county cop write speeding tickets in newton county?

I will make a minor correction in that. About six or eight years ago the state legislators passed a law allowing  neighboring jurisdictions to enter into a legal agreement allowing traffic violations to be enforced in that jurisdiction.  For example Nederland could enter into an agreement to issue citations in Port Neches.  I don’t know if that law allows counties next to each other to enter into such an agreement. I have no knowledge of any cities or counties doing that. 

24 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

I will make a minor correction in that. About six or eight years ago the state legislators passed a law allowing  neighboring jurisdictions to enter into a legal agreement allowing traffic violations to be enforced in that jurisdiction.  For example Nederland could enter into an agreement to issue citations in Port Neches.  I don’t know if that law allows counties next to each other to enter into such an agreement. I have no knowledge of any cities or counties doing that. 

Thanks for the info. Not that i get arrested frequently or anything haha

14 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

Thanks for the info. Not that i get arrested frequently or anything haha

Any citizen has the authority in Texas to make an arrest for a felony or a breach of the peace that is witnessed by the citizen.  Any peace officer has less restrictions and can arrest for any crime witnessed.  That is where the statewide jurisdiction comes from. Technically citizens have a limited statewide jurisdiction. 

So if a cop is out of his county and witnesses a crime other than a minor traffic violation, he can lawfully make the arrest. 

3 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

Any citizen has the authority in Texas to make an arrest for a felony or a breach of the peace that is witnessed by the citizen.  Any peace officer has less restrictions and can arrest for any crime witnessed.  That is where the statewide jurisdiction comes from. Technically citizens have a limited statewide jurisdiction. 

So if a cop is out of his county and witnesses a crime other than a minor traffic violation, he can lawfully make the arrest. 

Of course the police knowing the law makes it much better than a citizen taking the risk of saying, I think I might know the law but I’m not sure. Then it might lead to an illegal arrest and a lot of trouble for the citizen. It is not because the citizen cannot make the arrest but most citizens are not that clear on the law. 

11 hours ago, Big girl said:

I can't understand why her story changed. First she used her key to get in, then she states that the door was ajar.

From the article.....

She tried to use her door key, which has an electronic chip, to open the apartment, but the door was already unlocked, documents say

13 hours ago, Big girl said:

I can't understand why her story changed. First she used her key to get in, then she states that the door was ajar.

The doors in the Apts are heavy, metal fire doors that slam automatically.  Only way it was open is if he had it wedged open. 

Also in the pictures it shows a half eaten bowl of cereal.  I don’t know about you, but I don’t think I’ve ever eaten cereal in the Black dark as claimed.  Her story just doesn’t add up at all.

This is the hidden content, please

She worked a 15 hour shift.  She parked on her level.  His apartment was just under her's on the level below.  She had complained about loud noises from him before.

So, she comes down to his level and 'does something' about the noise.  People have murdered other people for less.

On 9/15/2018 at 10:47 PM, PhatMack19 said:

The doors in the Apts are heavy, metal fire doors that slam automatically.  Only way it was open is if he had it wedged open. 

Also in the pictures it shows a half eaten bowl of cereal.  I don’t know about you, but I don’t think I’ve ever eaten cereal in the Black dark as claimed.  Her story just doesn’t add up at all.

This is the hidden content, please

I agree

On 9/15/2018 at 6:53 AM, Kountzer said:

She worked a 15 hour shift.  She parked on her level.  His apartment was just under her's on the level below.  She had complained about loud noises from him before.

So, she comes down to his level and 'does something' about the noise.  People have murdered other people for less.

Well, if people have killed for less, she must be guilty. 

16 hours ago, Big girl said:

She is guilty of killing him. That is not being disputed.

It depends on how you are using the word guilty. 

She killed him. She might not be guilty. 

And if you read the context, it was that she murdered him not in an accident but because of some underlying reason. 

On 9/18/2018 at 7:59 PM, Big girl said:

She is guilty of killing him. That is not being disputed.

You are guilty of always being on the opposite side of the law. Your speculative nature holds no water in court. All you know is that a white female cop shot a black man, and that's good enough for you. Maybe she is guilty of a crime, maybe she isn't. None of us know that for now, and until she is proven guilty, she is innocent.

22 hours ago, baddog said:

You are guilty of always being on the opposite side of the law. Your speculative nature holds no water in court. All you know is that a white female cop shot a black man, and that's good enough for you. Maybe she is guilty of a crime, maybe she isn't. None of us know that for now, and until she is proven guilty, she is innocent.

The Left has flipped-flopped on that.  You’re now guilty until proven innocent.  Brett Kavanaugh is all the proof you need of that assertion.  The MSM says he’s guilty - because a woman, either with the worst case of CRS ever, or she hasn’t finished fabricating her story, said he did a bad thing.  Doesn’t matter what he said.

45 minutes ago, Big girl said:

Her story is inconsistent.

You are right Big Girl. Not to change the subject, we can stay there, I was just wanting to know what you thought of Brett's accuser... Don't remember where, when, or even the year, she is an avid Liberal, surely were both on the same page with that being totally inconsistent and more likely than not false.

Just like this woman more likely than not used some foul play in killing this guy. Right?

7 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

You are right Big Girl. Not to change the subject, we can stay there, I was just wanting to know what you thought of Brett's accuser... Don't remember where, when, or even the year, she is an avid Liberal, surely were both on the same page with that being totally inconsistent and more likely than not false.

Just like this woman more likely than not used some foul play in killing this guy. Right?

I don't know the details of her story. What is she saying?

15 hours ago, Big girl said:

I don't know the details of her story. What is she saying?

He "assaulted her at a party". She don't recall where it happened, the "witnesses" she named have no idea what she is talking about. She don't even know what year it happened. She just know recalled it while at a therapy session with her husband.