Candy creek at Vidor

Mytwocents3788

59 minutes ago, Mytwocents3788 said:

Anybody know anything about CC???? I don’t know jack about em.

5AD1.  Undefeated for the season, 2-0.  Soon to be 2-1.  Good bet they’re not familiar with the Slot T.  Probably never played a game on natural grass.  Hope the Pirates give them a welcome they’ll never forget :) 

15 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

They're one of the worst 5A programs in suburbs. They're averaging over 50ppg against two bad opponents but Vidor shouldn't have much trouble with them. Kind of big due to their enrollment but just not very good.

I really hate to see schools get short changed like that.  No doubt they have some good athletes, but on a bad team, recognition is hard to come by.

Vidor 46 CC 21.

Caney Creek 39 Lake Creek 13

Lake Creek 23 Willis 37

Willis 24 Huntsville 34

Huntsville 34 PNG 14

(*) I know it doesn't work like this and their is no formula for predicting  the outcome of football game. This is the only common denominator I found and is to be taken with a grain of salt.

TRAP GAME

Edited by Bootleg
Typo and grammatical errprs.

14 hours ago, Tim Riggins said:

Can't take CC lightly, it could very well be a trap game if the Pirates go into it thinking about an easy win based on past history.   

Always a possibility.  Even CC might take Vidor lightly, based on past history.  I’ve got a feeling the Pirates are going to have a good season this year.  Most give them little chance of making the playoffs.  Imo, barring injuries, they’ll be there.  Then, all they have to do is beat Manvel lol.  

Vidor needs to get their fullback back and find a tailback. Once district starts they cant rely solely on the fact that the other defense has no experience against their offense. Halfback is great

Also, the qb center exchange has to be worked on. They got away with a sloppy game week 1 but that happens during week one games. Theyll be alright

1 hour ago, Bootleg said:

Vidor needs to get their fullback back and find a tailback. Once district starts they cant rely solely on the fact that the other defense has no experience against their offense. Halfback is great

Also, the qb center exchange has to be worked on. They got away with a sloppy game week 1 but that happens during week one games. Theyll be alright

Yeah, they left  some points on the field due to  some first game mistakes and botched exchanges.   QB should get better  with the snaps as he gets more comfortable with  the transition from safety to signal-caller.

20 hours ago, astros4141078 said:

I feel like vidor should win by 2 tds but a sloppy field does not benefit vidor as much as many would think they are not a power running team a lot of misdirection which on a sloppy field can be troublesome

Very true. Relying on quick cuts , the wet field actually hurts Vidor. We saw that in the seadon opener 2 years ago.

3 hours ago, Realville said:

Just got word that the game has been changed to Thursday night in Conroe due to field conditions at Pirate Stadium. Don’t know yet if it’s a 7pm or 730pm start time. 

Yeah, I heard that too.  Both teams will benefit from turf field, but I think the change will help CC and make the game closer. No Boneyard home field advantage  and I would think a good many Pirate fans who don't have  kids involved will have to miss the game due to distance and work on Friday morning.

15 minutes ago, Tim Riggins said:

Yeah, I heard that too.  Both teams will benefit from turf field, but I think the change will help CC and make the game closer. No Boneyard home field advantage  and I would think a good many Pirate fans who don't have  kids involved will have to miss the game due to distance and work on Friday morning.

Agreed, but that does give CC one less day to prepare for Vidors offense. Man Mother Nature and realignment has robbed us of some home games these past few years! Oh well, I think it was the best move. I’ll be there regardless. Just hate fighting traffic.