Texans @ Patriots

Guest ECBucFan
6 hours ago, Hook'em said:

... and Deshawn back under center.

17-34, 176 yards, 1 TD 1 INT. 1 FUM. Wasted alot of the final 30 seconds dancing and scrambling around. 

Had Brock Osweiler or Tom Savage had the exact same numbers with the exact same result, people would be calling him GARBAGE...HE SUCKS... NEVER GONNA WIN LIKE THIS... GET RID OF THE BUM, etc. 

Just curious, where is all the outrage??

1 hour ago, ECBucFan said:

17-34, 176 yards, 1 TD 1 INT. 1 FUM. Wasted alot of the final 30 seconds dancing and scrambling around. 

Had Brock Osweiler or Tom Savage had the exact same numbers with the exact same result, people would be calling him GARBAGE, HE SUCKS, NEVER GONNA WIN LIKE THIS, etc. 

I'll go there.  He was garbage, and the play caller as well.  Will do good to win 5-6 games this year.

Guest ECBucFan

I appreciate your honesty. For the majority of the Texans fan base and the Houston media, they WON'T. 

The very ones who worked 24/7 to rip Brock or Tom (or any of the rest) to shreds will now willfully turn a blind eye. Already some of the Houston media is blaming B.OB or JJ Watt for the loss, without a word about the highest profile player stinking it up.    

9 minutes ago, ECBucFan said:

I appreciate your honesty. For the majority of the Texans fan base and the Houston media, they WON'T. 

The very ones who worked 24/7 to rip Brock or Tom (or any of the rest) to shreds will now willfully turn a blind eye. Already some of the Houston media is blaming B.OB or JJ Watt for the loss, without a word about the highest profile player stinking it up.    

O'Brien's play calling should get a lot of the blame

Guest ECBucFan

I pin it on Watson.  17-34, 176 yards, 1 TD 2 TO's will lose the game almost every time, regardless who the coach is. BOB's plays might be bad, but BOB did not throw any bad passes or fumble the ball. Watson did.  

5 hours ago, ECBucFan said:

Had Brock Osweiler or Tom Savage had the exact same numbers with the exact same result, people would be calling him GARBAGE...HE SUCKS... NEVER GONNA WIN LIKE THIS... GET RID OF THE BUM, etc. 

I agree 100%. He never looked comfortable and was pretty bad today. Hate to say it, but the team I saw today looked like a 4-12 team. Defense looked to get better as the game wore on atleast.

9 hours ago, Hook'em said:

I agree 100%. He never looked comfortable and was pretty bad today. Hate to say it, but the team I saw today looked like a 4-12 team. Defense looked to get better as the game wore on atleast.

I give them 5-6, but you are probably right on with the 4.  O'Brien needs to get rid of his stubbornness and hire an OC.  He is not a play caller, nor is he a QB guru, which we were led to believe he was.

9 hours ago, Hook'em said:

Lol, classic overreaction!! Making a judgement analysis based upon one bad game. Watson was off point blank but to overlook the fact the running game looked good and they lost an interior lineman is a bad take. Also add in that your best intermediate receiver and deep threat didnt play. Houston will be just fine. 4-12 is selling them way short. Lose by 7 against Patriots on the road playing bad is expected. 

14 hours ago, ECBucFan said:

Cmon man, one bad game. Savage and Oz was trash. The world knows Watson potential. Qbs with high ceilings have more margin for error. Watson is going to improve, no need to compare him to lower tier qbs who didnt produce consistently. 

3 hours ago, ECBucFan said:

Thank you for perfectly proving my point. 

BTW, DW's first half QBR was 29. Thats right. 29.

Thank you for correctly proving mine! Watson took the blame, the point is everyone know Watson is a top tier talent, why overreact off of one bad game. Savage and Oz consistently didnt produce. Comparing one game to seasons is very premature.  Jimmy G  had 3 ints, but fans aren't saying he trash. Why? Because they know football, good qbs can have bad games and not be trash but a duck is a duck, a stud is a stud. No need to compare off of one bad game!!lol!!

Guest ECBucFan

Time will tell on DW. I think he is Dax a year or two removed. Remember the Dax "rookie sensation"? After his second year how did he look? 

DW is an awesome highlight reel. I'll give him that. But is he a QB that can lead a team deep into the playoffs or into a SB? Don't hold you breath. 

No worries, though. DW won't ever get the blame. It will be transferred on to B.OB, or the OL, or the Reliant Stadium hot dog vendors, etc.  

8 hours ago, ECBucFan said:
25 minutes ago, ECBucFan said:

Time will tell on DW. I think he is Dax a year or two removed. Remember the Dax "rookie sensation"? After his second year how did he look? 

DW is an awesome highlight reel. I'll give him that. But is he a QB that can lead a team deep into the playoffs or into a SB? Don't hold you breath. 

No worries, though. DW won't ever get the blame. It will be transferred on to B.OB, or the OL, or the Reliant Stadium hot dog vendors, etc.  

Dak had the benefit of a great run game and pass protection, Watson did what he did with an inferior offensive line and subpar running game. People who study and analyze film know the throws and reads Watson was making last year was due to his knowledge, talent and his ability to read defenses. Give him the line Dak has and we're talking about 40 tds....stay tuned we will revisit this convo as he prove doubters wrong. He's better than Dak year 2 will prove it.

1 hour ago, P.A Texas in da building said:

Months to prepare and this is the best 'ol Bill can come up with.  He is not a good coach period!  As far as Watson, may can contribute some to rust, but botching the first hand-off, c'mon man!  Arm strength was terrible, throwing to receivers late, call it rust.  Nowhere to go but up, just not very far with our play caller.