Texans @ Patriots

Guest ECBucFan
11 hours ago, P.A Texas in da building said:

Dax has the better OL, but DW has Hopkins, one of the best receivers in the league. Dax has no one close to Hopkins to throw to...

Thats all for now. We'll see...

3 hours ago, ECBucFan said:

Dax has the better OL, but DW has Hopkins, one of the best receivers in the league. Dax has no one close to Hopkins to throw to...

Thats all for now. We'll see...

Try again, you are trying to factor in Dak's third year. The topic at hand is Watson's second year compared to Dak's second year. No sophomore slump here buddy, Watson game is different. Get your popcorn ready!! Fuller and Keke returning and the tight ends will open up the offense. Stay tuned. 

On 9/11/2018 at 7:37 AM, P.A Texas in da building said:

Try again, you are trying to factor in Dak's third year. The topic at hand is Watson's second year compared to Dak's second year. No sophomore slump here buddy, Watson game is different. Get your popcorn ready!! Fuller and Keke returning and the tight ends will open up the offense. Stay tuned. 

Popcorn stale!  Can't beat Gabbert!!

Guest ECBucFan

I did not watch it all either. What I did see is that the Texans had a chance to at least tie or even win at the end.

Texans had the ball at about the Tenn. 45, with 17 seconds to go. You are going to get at least 3 plays off, right? All they needed was about 10-15 yards for a FG. On 2nd down, the QB took the snap, dropped back, began dancing, scrambled to his right, passed the LOS by 2 yards, scrambled back to the left behind the LOS by 1 yard, then ran ahead back across the LOS for the 2nd time and fired an illegal pass to Hopkins. Just as the 17 SECONDS this play took finally ticked completely away. 

Texans score 17 points, and lose again. 

1 hour ago, BS Wildcats said:

Somebody help. I didn't watch the game.  Was it the same as last week?  Bad play calling, along with terrible qb play.

22/32 for 310 yds., 2 td's and a pick isn't terrible, but he held the ball too long at times and made a few bad reads. With that being said, the offensive line is pitiful so I don't expect to see a comfortable Watson anytime soon, he will be running for his life week in and week out.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ECBucFan

Your stud, playing at home, put up a whopping 16 points in regulation, against a poor team. Just 16 POiNTS!!  Your stud could not even run in a TD at the end of the half from 2 yards out.  

Don't cherry pick stats. Steve Young has 3 Super Bowl rings. Thats the stat that matters. THAT, my friend is the definition of a a real stud. 

Guest ECBucFan

I want to clarify something. I am NOT anti-DW. What bothers me is the way the Texan fan base ripped others to shreds before, and would have never accepted a 1-3 start without rioting and wanting to burn BO or TS alive at the stake in the NRG parking lot, even if BO or TS had the exact same stats and outcomes.

I guess DW is a "new toy" and is flashy and entertaing, where BO and TS were more workman like. One thing DW definitly has in his favor is his reciever corps are light years ahead of anything BO or TS had to work with . AJ was all the others had, and if you double covered AJ, no help was left. I felt bad for BO, TS, Schaub and definitly David Carr. Oh well, I guess they were all paid well when they were here, and life goes on for all.    

Best wishes to DW in the years ahead. 

11 minutes ago, ECBucFan said:

I want to clarify something. I am NOT anti-DW. What bothers me is the way the Texan fan base ripped others to shreds before, and would have never accepted a 1-3 start without rioting and wanting to burn BO or TS alive at the stake in the NRG parking lot, even if BO or TS had the exact same stats and outcomes.

I guess DW is a "new toy" and is flashy and entertaing, where BO and TS were more workman like. One thing DW definitly has in his favor is his reciever corps are light years ahead of anything BO or TS had to work with . AJ was all the others had, and if you double covered AJ, no help was left. I felt bad for BO, TS, Schaub and definitly David Carr. Oh well, I guess they were all paid well when they were here, and life goes on for all.    

Best wishes to DW in the years ahead. 

It comes down to DW's history and being a high draft pick vs. TS or BO personally. DW is a likable guy with a history of having a clutch/it factor and playing well in big games. He started pretty well last year before he got hurt and has had flashes this year, but has showed his youth and looked pretty bad at times too. With them trading picks to trade up and get him and with a below average offensive line, I think the fanbase knows he is the guy for atleast his rookie contract and gives him a longer leash than any other qb the franchise has ever had.

Brock Osweiler through 15 TDs and 16 INTs in his year in Houston. 70.2 QBR

Tom Savage, in his last year eclipsed 250 yards in a game one time...once. 

Watson don't play defense. In 4 of his 7 losses the defense gave up over 30 points. He has thrown 27 TDs to 11 picks. It's not even close. Comparing him to Brock Osweiler and Tom Savage is almost as laughable as saying Woodville wouldn't put it points on East Chambers "inpenatrable defense". 

Guest ECBucFan
On 10/9/2018 at 8:12 PM, Tigers2010 said:

Brock Osweiler through 15 TDs and 16 INTs in his year in Houston. 70.2 QBR 

Pretty difficult to put up great stats when you don't have anyone to throw to. I saw BO on many occasions hit Texan receivers in the hands or even between the numbers on their chest, for incompletions, or even interceptions. 

BO did win a playoff game, didn't he? 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/brock-osweiler-leads-texans-to-playoff-win-over-the-raiders/2017/01/07/b2faa364-d519-11e6-945a-76f69a399dd5_story.html?utm_term=.e6094ae04e0a

Then, what about Matt Schaub? 90.9 QB rating and fans still hated him. Right now Watson is 63.0, BTW. 

20 hours ago, ECBucFan said:

Pretty difficult to put up great stats when you don't have anyone to throw to. I saw BO on many occasions hit Texan receivers in the hands or even between the numbers on their chest, for incompletions, or even interceptions. 

This is the hidden content, please

Then, what about Matt Schaub? 90.9 QB rating and fans still hated him. Right now Watson is 63.0, BTW. 

IDK where you are getting that from, but this not even close. 

Career QBR-98.9

2017 QBR- 103.0

2018-QBR 94.6 (he has had 1 game this year with a QBR under 98....)

Try again.

20 hours ago, ECBucFan said:

Brock Osweiler QBR by year 2012-2017 

56.2, 84.1, 90.4, 86.4, 72.2 (Houston year), 72.5

Again, comparing what Watson has already done, to Brock Osweiler is laughable.

Matt Schaub was a serviceable starter. Schaub shouldn't be placed in that same category with Osweiler either. What did him in was 6-7 of being average, followed by his last season when he had a 72 QBR and threw 14 INTS to just 10 TDs. The organization realized they had to move on. Anyway, I'm not going to keep going with you. 

BTW, Schaub never finished with a better QBR than Watson has right now.

• 4 weeks later...