Crosby vs Bye

Cougar14.2

Crosby’s non-district schedule is brutal and so far they’ve performed as only one could hope. Bye week comes at a good time after an emotional win in the Jungle, meaning Crosby still has only one home loss since 2012.

I think having the bye at this point in the season actually helps with game-planning for the district opener against Vidor in a few week. It also doesn’t hurt that we get a week to rest while WOS plays a headknocker against Newton before they come to Crosby. 

Long way to go before that time gets here but the way things have broken, it’s sure looking like there’s going to be a showdown for the district championship in Mid-County. PNG won’t be involved in this one though. 

Defense is one of the best we’ve seen at Crosby in recent years and the offense just put 50 minus an XP on the best defense they’re likely to see all year. Most impressive position group so far has been the offensive line, who led the way for three different 100+ yard rushers against Manvel. Howard and Simon both rushed for 100+ yards against NC also. 

Crosby has a chance for this to be a special season if they can stay healthy.

Recap of Manvel: 

This is the hidden content, please

28 minutes ago, Justafan72 said:

What LB was out the second half,and what is the extent of his inquiry ? Saw LT Cole with right arm in a sling,what's the extent of his inquiry.His replacement,Jamarillo,a sophomore,had a GREAT game. 

LB was concussion protocol, I’m not sure with the LT but was told he should be good to go for WOS. 

9 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

LB was concussion protocol, I’m not sure with the LT but was told he should be good to go for WOS. 

Lol, why us !! Some ppl might not  believe me when I said this from jump.but Crosby will be w.o hardest game to win.the Nederland game was a winnable game. But Crosby will put pressure on there defense like no other team can.any other team on there schedule I felt pretty gud abt. Crosby will go far this yr.

50 minutes ago, CCbigfan said:

Interested in seeing what the coaching staff is going to do with #2 when #5 comes back from injury this week. The kid had an excellent spring and 7 on 7. But 2 is holding his own at corner. Also Howard is running a lil bit too much they have to figure out how to get the ball to the wr more. 

Crosby has gone up against two very good defenses.  Howard will be able to get the ball to the wide receivers against most teams.  New Caney has an impressive secondary and Manvel just had those monsters up front coming after him. 

To be straight up blunt and honest, I just don’t see any way Crosby doesn’t walk thru this district. Unless I’m seriously underestimating some teams. Idk. I mean I could say barring injuries but they got guys on 2nd and maybe 3rd string that aren’t too far of a fall off. I’m just glad we get them in the beginning before they get momentum. Maybe we’ll get lucky.

4 hours ago, Mytwocents3788 said:

To be straight up blunt and honest, I just don’t see any way Crosby doesn’t walk thru this district. Unless I’m seriously underestimating some teams. Idk. I mean I could say barring injuries but they got guys on 2nd and maybe 3rd string that aren’t too far of a fall off. I’m just glad we get them in the beginning before they get momentum. Maybe we’ll get lucky.

You should be Right.  BUT every year there is that game where some thing just doesn't go as planned and the team that was supposed to Win takes an L.  Its a long season. I hope they do walk through that district though.

4 hours ago, Mytwocents3788 said:

This will probably be seen as an arrogant statement but what else is new? Crosby is fully capable of losing to WOS, Dayton, PNG, BH and Ned. If we're being honest though, the only team left on the regular season schedule that concerns me is Vidor. I don't think anybody else has the firepower to score enough on this Crosby defense. Not that Vidor does either but they're the best at limiting Crosby's opportunities and just frustrating the hell out of the Cougars. As far as Vidor getting lucky, don't count on it. You don't get to be overlooked when you come into a district opener undefeated.

24 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

This will probably be seen as an arrogant statement but what else is new? Crosby is fully capable of losing to WOS, Dayton, PNG, BH and Ned. If we're being honest though, the only team left on the regular season schedule that concerns me is Vidor. I don't think anybody else has the firepower to score enough on this Crosby defense. Not that Vidor does either but they're the best at limiting Crosby's opportunities and just frustrating the hell out of the Cougars. As far as Vidor getting lucky, don't count on it. You don't get to be overlooked when you come into a district opener undefeated.

Nederland at their house..Brutal. Best defense you will see in district.

20 minutes ago, NDNation said:

Nederland at their house..Brutal. Best defense you will see in district.

If they had let us kick the extra point we would've had 50 on the best defense in the region which is most likely the second best defense in 5A-D2 behind Aledo. I think Nederland is the second best team in the district but they're probably one of Crosby's easier matchups in terms of the way they play. Crosby is much more likely to lose to Vidor or Barbers Hill than Nederland.

16 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

If they had let us kick the extra point we would've had 50 on the best defense in the region which is most likely the second best defense in 5A-D2 behind Aledo. I think Nederland is the second best team in the district but they're probably one of Crosby's easier matchups in terms of the way they play. Crosby is much more likely to lose to Vidor or Barbers Hill than Nederland.

Be prepared for the muddy field.

15 minutes ago, #COUGAR08 said:

I was telling my wife about the "muddy field" she laughed and I said" just wait,  you will see"lol

It's not a myth...that field will be slop..rain or shine..lol

or maybe they just do it for us..lol

Plus yall have Vidor at the Boneyard. Look for that one to be slop also. I don't they are as strategic as the Dogs though.

23 minutes ago, CCbigfan said:

Every year tho Crosby has been known to drop at least one district game. 

Didn't lose any in '15. None of our opponents in this district are on par with the Summer Creek team in '13 or the C.E. King squad we lost to in '14. It would have to take a '16 and '17 type debacle we had against NCISD in those years. I very confident this defense won't allow it to happen though. Crosby may not make it back to the semifinals but this looks to be Riordan's best team he's had during his tenure.   

Potentially, this is the best Crosby team since the team i helped coach in 97 (when Johnnie Freeman was a senior) years may be off. We lost to La marque that year 13-7 and la marque lost in final to stephenville i believe. We almost caught the galveston county cougars napping. The next year they took us to the woodshed. Potential of this team is unlimited because there isn't a star and i feel that they are a true team. Long season though, the one player that they can't lose is the surgeon #7.

On 9/10/2018 at 10:02 AM, Cougar14.2 said:

Can't wait ... November 2nd 

Crosby played Nuemann's teams in the past, Barrow will have something different for you