R-E-L-A-X

Indianforever

First off many prayers to RJ...To the PNG fans it’s time to relax. First off if you had expectations of a state championship that was your first problem and that’s why you are so frustrated with a loss. This team is good but not that good in all reality a 2 or 3 rd playoff run for PNG is a successful season these days. This area does not have the caliber teams in the upper classifications to compete with Houston, Austin, and DFW teams and that is just a simple fact. PNG will be just fine and should make the postseason. The defense is improved from last year but just missing the outside threat we had last year. Faircloth has proved he can score points and I have full faith he will figure it out again this year with the options he has on the field it just may take a little longer to come together. It is just week 2 of the season with a lot of new faces on the field. Get behind these kids and coaches they are leaving it all on the field and again I say RELAX!!!!

I don't understand the hysteria over one preseason loss. This is why we play preseason games! It's not like we have to impress a playoff selection committee. This is a chance to get focused and sort out the kinks. We may lose next week -- If it helps us get better, that is a good thing. How many times in recent history has Nederland started out 0-3 and gone on to win the district? Last night was a reality check. Reality checks are good, they're just a hard pill to swallow. 

3 hours ago, indianforever said:

First off many prayers to RJ...To the PNG fans it’s time to relax. First off if you had expectations of a state championship that was your first problem and that’s why you are so frustrated with a loss. This team is good but not that good in all reality a 2 or 3 rd playoff run for PNG is a successful season these days. This area does not have the caliber teams in the upper classifications to compete with Houston, Austin, and DFW teams and that is just a simple fact. PNG will be just fine and should make the postseason. The defense is improved from last year but just missing the outside threat we had last year. Faircloth has proved he can score points and I have full faith he will figure it out again this year with the options he has on the field it just may take a little longer to come together. It is just week 2 of the season with a lot of new faces on the field. Get behind these kids and coaches they are leaving it all on the field and again I say RELAX!!!!

Great post -- I'm out of likes