PNG fans and RJ

pakronos

I just want to seriously discuss the fan base, not all, but most of that of png is on the verge of disgusting. First off prayers to RJ. I never wanted to see the kid hurt, shook up and battered yes, but never hurt. Now, you so called pride, honor, and tradition people need to go have a seat!!! Bottom line, your team got donkey stomped by a real team. What??? Ohhhh no cupcake padders this year??? The excuses or problems you now see was predicted at the end of last year!! That prediction and reality is PNG IS NOT GOOD!!! The kids can only do so much, but this is the reality you face when you thump on your chest like you a powerhouse when actually you just an ordinary non talented entity behind the green curtain. Myself and others stated once Riggs left, the passing game will struggle against a non cupcake team. I can see why some are voicing him to sit, but that kid don’t want to hear that nor should you be saying it. He wants to enjoy playing football. Just because he has all these rankings etc... doesn’t translate to automatic playing time in college NOR GUARANTEE HE WILL PLAY QB AT THE NEXT LEVEL. Let him enjoy and encourage him to getting back on the field. Again heal up RJ. PNG fans, some of u are ridiculous smh... I remember many saying this team was special roflmao... now it’s a dumpster fire roflmao

12 minutes ago, pakronos said:

I just want to seriously discuss the fan base, not all, but most of that of png is on the verge of disgusting. First off prayers to RJ. I never wanted to see the kid hurt, shook up and battered yes, but never hurt. Now, you so called pride, honor, and tradition people need to go have a seat!!! Bottom line, your team got donkey stomped by a real team. What??? Ohhhh no cupcake padders this year??? The excuses or problems you now see was predicted at the end of last year!! That prediction and reality is PNG IS NOT GOOD!!! The kids can only do so much, but this is the reality you face when you thump on your chest like you a powerhouse when actually you just an ordinary non talented entity behind the green curtain. Myself and others stated once Riggs left, the passing game will struggle against a non cupcake team. I can see why some are voicing him to sit, but that kid don’t want to hear that nor should you be saying it. He wants to enjoy playing football. Just because he has all these rankings etc... doesn’t translate to automatic playing time in college NOR GUARANTEE HE WILL PLAY QB AT THE NEXT LEVEL. Let him enjoy and encourage him to getting back on the field. Again heal up RJ. PNG fans, some of u are ridiculous smh... I remember many saying this team was special roflmao... now it’s a dumpster fire roflmao

Pnce again what does that say about the team in PA we beat last year?

7 minutes ago, prepballfan said:

Pnce again what does that say about the team in PA we beat last year?

It says for the most part, those troubles are in summer creek cause if I remember correctly at halftime of that game png fair weather fans wanted Faircloth head on a stick and it was the same crap talking going about your own team was garbage and let’s not forget Jones lost what down it was cause that deep in the red zone they would have scored in the end. And that png team last year was a notch or two better than this “team”.

The fans calling for RJ to sit out aren't true fans of PNG. You don't sit out to avoid injury in football. I highly doubt the kid would want to sit out his senior year. From the stands, you could see he was beyond pissed on that cart. He is an Indian. All the fans had Hook'em Horns up as he was being carted off. 

Second game into the season and a loss against a VERY good team. We have some kinks to work out. OLine DOES have the potential to be one of the best. Defense IS coming along. Again, its only the second game of the season. People already writing us off. No, we don't have a Riggs this year. According to a lot of posters on this board, we are the Fighting RJ's, so  now we can't do it without Riggs???

Also, we were without 2 starting DB's. The outcome probably would have been the same, but with those 2 back in and RJ back healthy.....

But whatever.....draw your own conclusions, make your predictions. If you have pie on your face, when all is said and done, we will revisit this post.

13 minutes ago, NDNation said:

The fans calling for RJ to sit out aren't true fans of PNG. You don't sit out to avoid injury in football. I highly doubt the kid would want to sit out his senior year. From the stands, you could see he was beyond pissed on that cart. He is an Indian. All the fans had Hook'em Horns up as he was being carted off. 

Second game into the season and a loss against a VERY good team. We have some kinks to work out. OLine DOES have the potential to be one of the best. Defense IS coming along. Again, its only the second game of the season. People already writing us off. No, we don't have a Riggs this year. According to a lot of posters on this board, we are the Fighting RJ's, so  now we can't do it without Riggs???

Also, we were without 2 starting DB's. The outcome probably would have been the same, but with those 2 back in and RJ back healthy.....

But whatever.....draw your own conclusions, make your predictions. If you have pie on your face, when all is said and done, we will revisit this post.

I’ve never seen so much hate towards a team. All because PNG beat PAM last year. RJ should continue playing high school ball, and he will be a qb at UT next year and I think he’ll do pretty good (he will have a VERY GOOD running back from Carthage to keep the pressure off of him). 

PNG will be fine, no y’all probably won’t win state, but you’ll be alright.

However, i would be a lot more worried about Crosby after last night lol

7 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

I’ve never seen so much hate towards a team. All because PNG beat PAM last year. RJ should continue playing high school ball, and he will be a qb at UT next year and I think he’ll do pretty good (he will have a VERY GOOD running back from Carthage to keep the pressure off of him). 

I think the expectations on our team have been lifted a little. A lot of pressure from a stadium full of Purple and getting a lot of scrutiny from the outside because of the attention on our star QB....gets a little suffocating I'm sure. They will be fine.

As for Crosby, now the attention is on them...while no one is looking at Nederland...beware.

47 minutes ago, pakronos said:

It says for the most part, those troubles are in summer creek cause if I remember correctly at halftime of that game png fair weather fans wanted Faircloth head on a stick and it was the same crap talking going about your own team was garbage and let’s not forget Jones lost what down it was cause that deep in the red zone they would have scored in the end. And that png team last year was a notch or two better than this “team”.

Sometimes people just have problems with acceptance. Its ok man you win some you lose some. I know in your mind that we were inferior to PAM last year and that makes it hurt worse that the Titans were unable to defeat the Indians. I understand that. The part that is most bothersome to you is the fact that PNG was better than PAM last season. Its ok. It happens. We will win some and we will lose some. I do not see any Indian fans on here crying about the loss the year before to PAM. 

5 hours ago, L-Train11 said:

Ltrain please stbleep up!!! This has nothing to do with png vs pam... it’s about ignorant people wanting a player to call it quits and now crawfishing on a team... 

5 hours ago, prepballfan said:

Sometimes people just have problems with acceptance. Its ok man you win some you lose some. I know in your mind that we were inferior to PAM last year and that makes it hurt worse that the Titans were unable to defeat the Indians. I understand that. The part that is most bothersome to you is the fact that PNG was better than PAM last season. Its ok. It happens. We will win some and we will lose some. I do not see any Indian fans on here crying about the loss the year before to PAM. 

Okay glass licker, your team sucks, your fan base are fair weather fans, and i wish RJ a speedy recovery for other reasons... oh and pam did share a title with png that got beat by Nederland which pam beat... both teams went out third rd... how was png better or how would a give a crap??? Have a seat

21 minutes ago, pakronos said:

Okay glass licker, your team sucks, your fan base are fair weather fans, and i wish RJ a speedy recovery for other reasons... oh and pam did share a title with png that got beat by Nederland which pam beat... both teams went out third rd... how was png better or how would a give a crap??? Have a seat

Both of you dial it back a couple of notches.

I think fans suggesting that RJ should sit out (even if for a while) are thinking like parents, not like fans. There is nothing wrong with that. I agree that RJ probably (definitely) doesn't want to hear it, and we should be sensitive to that. But I imagine most people on this site have children, and when you are thinking like a parent, you're not going be thinking like a "good" fan (whatever that even means). As a fan, I want to see RJ play every game, push through his injuries, and continue to win games and string up highlight reels. But if it were my kid, or my nephew, I would be extremely hesitant to see him get out there again without being 100%. He has a high ceiling, enormous potential, and is, from what I understand, an overall great, special kid. It isn't ridiculous to want him to be careful, and it certainly isn't ridiculous to expect that the coaches will put his health ahead of records or win/loss differentials. 

As to PNG being "not good," I'm laughing. How do you even define "good"? PNG has one of the best players in the country, and a legitimately respectable supporting cast. We don't have a perfect team, but most teams have some flaws. Working with what you have and overcoming is what separates the good teams from the bad ones. Good teams lose games sometimes. Just ask Manvel. 

To me it’s all horse picky about caring for him all of a sudden... where was this thinking like a parent stuff when Faircloth has him in games that was obviously over against trash teams??? Oh it’s okay then. But when he gets hurt cause the fan base has come to realize the players around him isn’t good enough, so tank the season smh... I’m glad he won’t be listening to these people smh... maybe Jamal Charles should have shut it down his junior year when his shoulder would pop out of socket while running in the open field...

• Bigdog locked this topic