West Orange Stark vs Newton

tennisbc

WOS is a hard place to win, I have seen the clock stopped for a measurement with 18 tics left on the clock and it was 4th and 19. Of course that goes back to 2004 in season opener of #1 WOS and #2 Jasper, but I was as on the sidelines for Jasper. I will take Newton in this one, but probably a very close score. I have never seen WOS get trashed. 

13 minutes ago, Unbalanced said:

WOS is a hard place to win, I have seen the clock stopped for a measurement with 18 tics left on the clock and it was 4th and 19. Of course that goes back to 2004 in season opener of #1 WOS and #2 Jasper, but I was as on the sidelines for Jasper. I will take Newton in this one, but probably a very close score. I have never seen WOS get trashed. 

I have LCM 37- WOS 6. That was a good ball game at mustang stadium 

7 minutes ago, LC-M said:

I think he could improve BC

I'm not giving up yet.  I said when Dubois left that we were not going to find another coach of his caliber and record.  Deshazo could still turn out to be the right caliber, but he'll have to build that record.  This is a bad year to be starting out as new HC. 

I don't want to beat a dead horse, but a lot of the problems in BC start with the kids and their parents.  After the success in 2016, there were a TON of kids turning out to play football.  Unfortunately, 1-7 tends to turn a lot of kids right back off.  Even I was shocked when one of the Jasper guys reported that we only had 32 kids on the varsity roster last week.  I'm not sure where we go from here.  

5 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I'm not giving up yet.  I said when Dubois left that we were not going to find another coach of his caliber and record.  Deshazo could still turn out to be the right caliber, but he'll have to build that record.  This is a bad year to be starting out as new HC. 

I don't want to beat a dead horse, but a lot of the problems in BC start with the kids and their parents.  After the success in 2016, there were a TON of kids turning out to play football.  Unfortunately, 1-7 tends to turn a lot of kids right back off.  Even I was shocked when one of the Jasper guys reported that we only had 32 kids on the varsity roster last week.  I'm not sure where we go from here.  

I agree, I think LC- M has  some of the same problems. If we could get a quality coach where the kids would want to play for our band enrollment would go down