West Orange Stark vs Newton

tennisbc

15 minutes ago, Gsquared said:

Has there been any talk about this game moving to Thursday, or anything like that, due to the potential weather Friday?  Just asking because I don't want to drive 5+ hours and get down there to an empty stadium.  That's happened before ha!

So far, no.

8 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

In all honesty, a Newton D1 isn't like a typical D1.  You can tune in and eventually you'll see D1 kids from other schools playing college ball.  It's kinda like Newton kids go into the witness protection program, never to be seen or heard from again.  

I've got Newton in this one, regardless. 

Kinda like tha cardinals football team, in hiding waiting to play a smaller school 

5 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

In all honesty, a Newton D1 isn't like a typical D1.  You can tune in and eventually you'll see D1 kids from other schools playing college ball.  It's kinda like Newton kids go into the witness protection program, never to be seen or heard from again.  

I've got Newton in this one, regardless. 

Well, being that Newton has only sent 3 players to a power 5 school in the last decade really does not give a clear picture to your comment that you continue to state. Roney Elam, the one you always claim that does not play much at A&M, has not lived up to being a caliber college player. He's only started one game against UCLA last season, but hey, he's still there getting playing time here and there and getting a college degree. DJ Dean, started for Arkansas his sophomore and junior year, then battled the injury bug which kept him out of the draft. He was ranked the 4th best CB in the SEC after his Junior year and then only played a couple games after being injured. The other, Kevin Shorter, was commited to UT and never went due his spinal injury. So, it's not like Newton has sent many at all. But, they do have plenty going to power 5 schools now and they will all see playing time really early in their career. I guess that has to happen before you actually shut up about Roney Elam not getting much playing time at A&M. lol. 

Well since I’m a WO-S grad I’m pulling for my Stangs, but I realize it will be a tough one to pull out. I just hope both teams get through it injury free and once it’s over ready to move on to the next game.  I do think whatever the outcome it will help both on the long run and that’s what matters most.

4 minutes ago, DannyShapiroBE said:

Per Coach T, the game will be played at Mustang Stadium. They tried for PN-G and Lamar but neither was available. Gonna be a mud bowl on Friday...

Funny that neither of those were available.  PN-G is in Houston on Saturday.  Lamar of course would not be in action until Saturday.

Wonder if someone got them or if PN-G and Lamar said no.

4 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Funny that neither of those were available.  PN-G is in Houston on Saturday.  Lamar of course would not be in action until Saturday.

Wonder if someone got them or if PN-G and Lamar said no.

Lamar said no because of the Saturday game. PN-G said something about not having ticket takers/adequate staffing because they have a Saturday road game.