West Orange Stark vs Newton

tennisbc

43 minutes ago, hornetsdad said:

Let's be honest........has there ever been a 3a team in the WORLD capable of doing what this newton team can do? Moreover, has there ever been a 3a team in the WORLD that produced this many high caliber d1 athletes? Furthermore, has there ever been a 3a team in the WORLD with a QB, RB and WR all committed to the same University? No? Well, alright.

See 1983 Dangerfield

8 hours ago, chorizo said:

i may be dead wrong,but I just don't pick against the stangs,even picked them againt us first game,with that being said,,im rolling with the stangs!!!

Chorizo I appreciate that. Bcz I don't think some ppl actually watch football.size doesn't bother w.o they run a 50 defense. Which tbey shoot gaps.u can't have the big slow o/l that can't move.ppl don't see that teams like vidor  Nederland, and png does some of the best blocking for any classification.and are very well coached.and with the QB change has them looking a 120 % better.and do ppl realize mr.cooper is back.he is as gud as any back Newton has.u can't lose a kid of that caliber and expect to beat a caliber team like Nederland.with a QB that had never started a varsity game.when u lose a game like that.u really see who ur dogs are on ur team.

1 hour ago, hornetsdad said:

Let's be honest........has there ever been a 3a team in the WORLD capable of doing what this newton team can do? Moreover, has there ever been a 3a team in the WORLD that produced this many high caliber d1 athletes? Furthermore, has there ever been a 3a team in the WORLD with a QB, RB and WR all committed to the same University? No? Well, alright.

1 hour ago, hornetsdad said:

Unless all 3 are going to Alabama, then you are FUNNY. 

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

See 1983 Dangerfield

Yes, I understand the Dangerfield example. However, I believe these kids at Newton would run circles around anything 1983 had to offer. The human race has evolved quite extensively over the last 35 years. 

1 hour ago, WO-S 89 said:

Unless all 3 are going to Alabama, then you are FUNNY. 

I guess I am funny then. WO-S will take it on the chin Friday.

High school football between my two favorite teams. I love it and hate it at the same time. I love it because it should be a good game and I hate it because somebody has to lose, and there are people that are going to get their feelings hurt because they lost. That is not saying anything about who wins. Let us go watch a good game, wish everybody an injury free game, good luck in the future and be thankful we don't meet in the playoffs. This is two good teams with speed, quality players and a good work ethic. A lose by either one is not the end of the world or the season. If I pick a winner for this game, it will be a homer pick because that is my Alma Mater. I don't see it being a runaway by either team, but if it should turn out that way then everybody else take notice.

16 hours ago, dj said:

Chorizo I appreciate that. Bcz I don't think some ppl actually watch football.size doesn't bother w.o they run a 50 defense. Which tbey shoot gaps.u can't have the big slow o/l that can't move.ppl don't see that teams like vidor  Nederland, and png does some of the best blocking for any classification.and are very well coached.and with the QB change has them looking a 120 % better.and do ppl realize mr.cooper is back.he is as gud as any back Newton has.u can't lose a kid of that caliber and expect to beat a caliber team like Nederland.with a QB that had never started a varsity game.when u lose a game like that.u really see who ur dogs are on ur team.

I understand the Cooper kid is a good running back and a difference maker for the Mustangs, but he is not as good as Darwin Barlow. That is your pride getting in the way of being realistic. He is definitely good, but not on the same level and everyone know's that. I believe this will be a good game. WOS lost one game by 1 point to a good 5A team and everyone thinks they're horrible. That is not the case and they will make a good run this season. They have competed for a state title four years in a row and counting, so that speaks volumes and no other team in the state can say they have done so. I have much respect for WOS. I do have Newton winning this game this year, but each team will give each other all they want. 

15 hours ago, hornetsdad said:

Yes, I understand the Dangerfield example. However, I believe these kids at Newton would run circles around anything 1983 had to offer. The human race has evolved quite extensively over the last 35 years. 

You obviously never saw that Daingerfield team play. Go back and look at the scores. See if you can find some video of them. That team was as athletic as Newton is now, they were some FREAKS. They gave up 8 points all season. That's 16 games. And if I'm not mistaken the touchdown was a pick 6 or set up by an interception. And the other 2 points was an intentional safety.

14 minutes ago, Fast Turtle said:

I understand the Cooper kid is a good running back and a difference maker for the Mustangs, but he is not as good as Darwin Barlow. That is your pride getting in the way of being realistic. He is definitely good, but not on the same level and everyone know's that. I believe this will be a good game. WOS lost one game by 1 point to a good 5A team and everyone thinks they're horrible. That is not the case and they will make a good run this season. They have competed for a state title four years in a row and counting, so that speaks volumes and no other team in the state can say they have done so. I have much respect for WOS. I do have Newton winning this game this year, but each team will give each other all they want. 

U can't say that he is better.for one did u know Cooper starts both ways.so starting at Lb and running back isn't easy. And second the last 2yrs Cooper has played against tougher competition. Not taking away from him or there team.theyre gud .but these teams they're playing against aren't that gud.if u put Cooper in the same position he would put up crazy stats.once again Newton will come to play friday.but  who has they played in the last 2yrs that's irrelevant. Theyre tremendous for 3A.ivr watched both there games this year.kirbyville is horrible.and my feelings are hurt behind silsbee.play calling and not been able to wrap up and tackle.

11 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

You obviously never saw that Daingerfield team play. Go back and look at the scores. See if you can find some video of them. That team was as athletic as Newton is now, they were some FREAKS. They gave up 8 points all season. That's 16 games. And if I'm not mistaken the touchdown was a pick 6 or set up by an interception. And the other 2 points was an intentional safety.

Trust me, I understand your assessment of the 1983 team and agree for 1983 they were head and shoulders above their competition. However, comparing the 2018 athletes and the 1983 athletes is like comparing apples and oranges. We've all been around long enough to see the transfiguration. When I was in school in the early 80's - if you ran sub 4.8, you were pretty quick and occasionally you had guys in the 4.6 range with some wind at the back. We didn't really start seeing 4.5's until late 80's and early 90's on a regular basis. Now, fast forward to 2018 - Newton has SEVERAL sub 4.5 guys and built like machines. Match that with football iQ and vision, and I dont think its comparable. Maybe, I am wrong. I lived thru that era and what I am seeing today is not something I ever seen growing up in ANY part of the state at any level.

12 minutes ago, hornetsdad said:

Trust me, I understand your assessment of the 1983 team and agree for 1983 they were head and shoulders above their competition. However, comparing the 2018 athletes and the 1983 athletes is like comparing apples and oranges. We've all been around long enough to see the transfiguration. When I was in school in the early 80's - if you ran sub 4.8, you were pretty quick and occasionally you had guys in the 4.6 range with some wind at the back. We didn't really start seeing 4.5's until late 80's and early 90's on a regular basis. Now, fast forward to 2018 - Newton has SEVERAL sub 4.5 guys and built like machines. Match that with football iQ and vision, and I dont think its comparable. Maybe, I am wrong. I lived thru that era and what I am seeing today is not something I ever seen growing up in ANY part of the state at any level.

I'm a product of the '80's as well. And there may not have been as many FREAKS then, as there are today, but they were still around. And at that time, Daingerfield had more than their fair share of them. Very similar to the abundance of riches that Newton has now. The difference between then and now is that the best played both ways, all the time. And, there was a much bigger emphasis placed on defense.

6 minutes ago, dj said:

U can't say that he is better.for one did u know Cooper starts both ways.so starting at Lb and running back isn't easy. And second the last 2yrs Cooper has played against tougher competition. Not taking away from him or there team.theyre gud .but these teams they're playing against aren't that gud.if u put Cooper in the same position he would put up crazy stats.once again Newton will come to play friday.but  who has they played in the last 2yrs that's irrelevant. Theyre tremendous for 3A.ivr watched both there games this year.kirbyville is horrible.and my feelings are hurt behind silsbee.play calling and not been able to wrap up and tackle.

Cooper is a great player and a very good running back. He simply isn't on the level that Barlow is on. If he were, he would at least have some offers coming in and I truly hope that he does soon. I am definitely rooting for the kid. But, Barlow is a true college type running back; from his unbelievable size already, his speed, vision and his overall play at the RB position. That is why he holds offers from SEC, Big12, ACC, Big10 and Pac12 schools. Sometimes guys are just better than others and there is nothing to be ashamed of there. I'm sure WOS has plenty of guys in certain positions that are better than Newton's. It's just not the RB position this year and everyone know's that if they're being real. You know football, so put the pride aside. It's not a big deal. Both guys are dang good players.  

12 minutes ago, hornetsdad said:

I think two divisions  of football is a good example of what your saying , had we stayed with one division for each classification alot of teams would never make it out of the first round much less make the playoffs period. It’s amazing what kids can do today compared to back then.

16 minutes ago, Fast Turtle said:

Cooper is a great player and a very good running back. He simply isn't on the level that Barlow is on. If he were, he would at least have some offers coming in and I truly hope that he does soon. I am definitely rooting for the kid. But, Barlow is a true college type running back; from his unbelievable size already, his speed, vision and his overall play at the RB position. That is why he holds offers from SEC, Big12, ACC, Big10 and Pac12 schools. Sometimes guys are just better than others and there is nothing to be ashamed of there. I'm sure WOS has plenty of guys in certain positions that are better than Newton's. It's just not the RB position this year and everyone know's that if they're being real. You know football, so put the pride aside. It's not a big deal. Both guys are dang good players.  

My pride is aside.im keeping it real. I'm very realistic. This kid goes both ways.and he is on all special teams.so his touches are limited.barlow doesn't go both ways.huge difference. Barlow has something that cooper doesnt.and that's stats.so if things are based on that than he is better.once again Cooper is on both sides of the ball.which makes things twice as hard.

And I do give credit where credit is due. Newton o/L is better.and brown is no doubt the best WR and best DB that will be on the field. Newton want be able to blitz as much as they do bcz of the 4 wide receiver set they will see.and once CT gets a hold on what ur trying to do offensively. U best believe it will be a couple QTrs Newton will have trouble scoring bcz he is the best in the business. 

11 minutes ago, dj said:

My pride is aside.im keeping it real. I'm very realistic. This kid goes both ways.and he is on all special teams.so his touches are limited.barlow doesn't go both ways.huge difference. Barlow has something that cooper doesnt.and that's stats.so if things are based on that than he is better.once again Cooper is on both sides of the ball.which makes things twice as hard.

I was not basing this off of stats what so ever. I totally understand that Cooper plays both ways and is on the field more than Barlow is. That takes a toll on a player for sure. I am done comparing the two. I just watched Coopers hudl and he is very good and looks to have D1 talent for sure! Is it because his size that he's not getting the recognition that he should? I see that he doesn't have great height and weight that most colleges look for at the RB position. If that's the case, then i feel bad for him because he can definitely play with the top RB's in the state. Barlow has the size being that he's 6'0" and 200lbs. Cooper is listed at 5'9" and 178lbs on his hudl, so i am sure that hurts him. 

9 minutes ago, dj said:

And I do give credit where credit is due. Newton o/L is better.and brown is no doubt the best WR and best DB that will be on the field. Newton want be able to blitz as much as they do bcz of the 4 wide receiver set they will see.and once CT gets a hold on what ur trying to do offensively. U best believe it will be a couple QTrs Newton will have trouble scoring bcz he is the best in the business. 

Newton will still blitz just as much, man. They will run man coverage with your 4 wide receiver set just like they did in 2014 being that Newton had the athletes to do so that year. We couldn't do that in 2015 lol. Newton just didn't have the athletes and you guys were just on a different level. This year though, Newton will run man to man. With WOS not having a great and confident QB, and Newton having really good defensive backs, you better believe they will be rushing the QB all night. 

47 minutes ago, Fast Turtle said:

I was not basing this off of stats what so ever. I totally understand that Cooper plays both ways and is on the field more than Barlow is. That takes a toll on a player for sure. I am done comparing the two. I just watched Coopers hudl and he is very good and looks to have D1 talent for sure! Is it because his size that he's not getting the recognition that he should? I see that he doesn't have great height and weight that most colleges look for at the RB position. If that's the case, then i feel bad for him because he can definitely play with the top RB's in the state. Barlow has the size being that he's 6'0" and 200lbs. Cooper is listed at 5'9" and 178lbs on his hudl, so i am sure that hurts him. 

And ur right if I was a coach.i would take Barlow too.his size,speed, and his stats.bcz Cooper doesn't have that plays a major role. The offers Barlow gets .Cooper want be able too. But he is one hard nose kid.

3 minutes ago, dj said:

And ur right if I was a coach.i would take Barlow too.his size,speed, and his stats.bcz Cooper doesn't have that plays a major role. The offers Barlow gets .Cooper want be able too. But he is one hard nose kid.

And what also hurts w.o believes in putting there top players on defense.and that want ever change.they believe offense wins games.and defense win championship