West Orange Stark vs Newton

tennisbc

6 hours ago, LC-M said:

The qb and rb looked real good. The kicker was really impressive for WOS yall need to keep that kid. Defense wise our oline  is not good. I feel bad for our QB he can make some plays but was unable too. I think we can beat BC and Livingston but going 3-7 into the playoffs is not cutting it and losing in bi district     LCM could be a lot better. This year talent is not great but over the past 10 years Crouch has not been a great leader for our program. Sorry I got on a Lcm tangent 

Fire crouch

just not sure how this one goes.  Not sure on where wos stands at this point. Do know exactly where Newton stands.   Wos defense is always good but will have a tough task.  I saw first hand Newtons threats both running and throwing.  Now did see a little vulnerability throwing the ball with our 2 picks(one on a pat.). We were able to move the ball pretty easily on that first drive but their defense pretty much shut us down the rest of the way.  With that said we r pretty one dimensional at this point so if wos can mix in some passing it may open things up a bit.  With that said Brown is a beast and he will be out there in that secondary.

2 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

I’ll be honest here.... Newton is a monster this year, but they have always had a tendency to break down under pressure. If the Chain Gang gets a stop or two early, I think we’ll see Newton making a long, quiet bus ride back up 87. 

I’m still picking Newton in this one, though. 

You’re living in the past. Newton is completely different from when BC was on the schedule the past 4 years or so. I agree with you, Newton did break under pressure. Newton was one dimensional, had players in wrong positions and then would only run two players the entire night. The play calling limited them so much and they were beat by lower teams for that reason. Now, they have a top notch OC that opens the playbook and gives the ball to every athlete on the field. It also helps that they have a completely stacked team as well. Silsbee has great athletes and it still looked like men against boys. I don’t see them breaking at all this season. Not to Gilmer nor WOS. Way too good this season and I give most of the praise to the new OC. I don’t think Newton wins state last season if the didn’t have him. Probably gets knocked out to a disciplined team that can stop scat left and scat right. 

32 minutes ago, Fast Turtle said:

You’re living in the past. Newton is completely different from when BC was on the schedule the past 4 years or so. I agree with you, Newton did break under pressure. Newton was one dimensional, had players in wrong positions and then would only run two players the entire night. The play calling limited them so much and they were beat by lower teams for that reason. Now, they have a top notch OC that opens the playbook and gives the ball to every athlete on the field. It also helps that they have a completely stacked team as well. Silsbee has great athletes and it still looked like men against boys. I don’t see them breaking at all this season. Not to Gilmer nor WOS. Way too good this season and I give most of the praise to the new OC. I don’t think Newton wins state last season if the didn’t have him. Probably gets knocked out to a disciplined team that can stop scat left and scat right. 

Who is yall's OC?

6 minutes ago, Eagles97 said:

You are correct.  It’s a culture there and like he said if y’all are happy with a 6 - 5 season and that’s not the place for me.  That’s why he left 

Well 94 we 10-0, by far our best season. We need someone to change the culture here. We play good baseball and softball over the years but its time to change the football program imo.