Port Arthur Memorial Titans @ Beaumont United Timberwolves

Alpha Wolf

Ladia and McMillan.  If these 2 kids stay healthy throughout the year, they can go to state. BOLD PREDICTION Neither has a backup that can do what they do. There's a big drop off.  Without McMillan, the D is damn good.  With him, they're dominant.  The dropoff at the helmet is pretty big.  Without Ladia, they're one dimensional. Jones was an ok passer last year, but they were pretty much a running team.  You add a passer to that team and they could have easily went to state last year.  That was a big discussion at work last year. Lol

39 minutes ago, thaghost said:

You know that's a PA guy and he meant HIS  home "TOWN" team. 

pittsburgh pirates GIF by MLB

37 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

No, seriously I didn't know he was from PA with all that purple :).  I thought he thought that maybe this game was in PA...

I support my brother wherever he plays. Don't matter to me. But yeah, I have made good friends from PNG on here but other than that, I'm here for the Shug Show.

This probably isn’t going to be much of a competitive game so I’ll bring up something else.

Splitting 5A has done some teams a solid, it has done others a disservice. PAM is one of those squads that has gotten a much tougher road through the playoffs now. NC should be the only regular season contest PAM has left but 1-4 in the bi-district could go 1. Angleton 2. Foster 3. Hightower 4. Friendswood, Shadow Creek and Texas City are also in that district.

2nd round would be a combination of Cedar Park, Hutto and Georgetown. If you survive that you’re back to Angleton and Foster for the 3rd round. Austin Macallum, who was 14-1 last year, and a very good Dripping Springs team are also in the region now. Hands down the toughest 5A-D1 region in the state. 

With only one more competitive game on the schedule it’s just all about staying as healthy as possible for PAM. 

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

This probably isn’t going to be much of a competitive game so I’ll bring up something else.

Splitting 5A has done some teams a solid, it has done others a disservice. PAM is one of those squads that has gotten a much tougher road through the playoffs now. NC should be the only regular season contest PAM has left but 1-4 in the bi-district could go 1. Angleton 2. Foster 3. Hightower 4. Friendswood, Shadow Creek and Texas City are also in that district.

2nd round would be a combination of Cedar Park, Hutto and Georgetown. If you survive that you’re back to Angleton and Foster for the 3rd round. Austin Macallum, who was 14-1 last year, and a very good Dripping Springs team are also in the region now. Hands down the toughest 5A-D1 region in the state. 

With only one more competitive game on the schedule it’s just all about staying as healthy as possible for PAM. 

+1000

8 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I said the same thing when I saw the new D1 Reg 3.....

Trying not to look too far ahead, but being in this district. Memorial can keep it simple, cruise to the playoffs without opening up the offense, and still have surprises waiting. The only bad thing is they may not have that team that pushes them to see what they got. Last year's loss to PNG, is where the offense found it's legs. I'm trying to figure out who would be that team that forces them to flip that switch. 

1 hour ago, BoGip7387 said:

Trying not to look too far ahead, but being in this district. Memorial can keep it simple, cruise to the playoffs without opening up the offense, and still have surprises waiting. The only bad thing is they may not have that team that pushes them to see what they got. Last year's loss to PNG, is where the offense found it's legs. I'm trying to figure out who would be that team that forces them to flip that switch. 

Perhaps New Caney but I feel you Gip.  They need to get pushed because Reg 3 is a death trap.....

31 minutes ago, Austin1985 said:

Perhaps New Caney but I feel you Gip.  They need to get pushed because Reg 3 is a death trap.....

29 minutes ago, Austin1985 said:

Perhaps New Caney but I feel you Gip.  They need to get pushed because Reg 3 is a death 

Yeah, region 10 scares me a little. The one thing I that love is our fronts 6 can go get it and you can own the line of scrimmage, it will keep you in a lot of games. They'll be going through wars come district time, we'll be having lil skirmishes. Having fresh legs and not being beat up has it's pluses too. It will be interestingto see how it plays out. I like our chances to make a push, but it most definitely will be a tough road.

17 minutes ago, BoGip7387 said:

Yeah, region 10 scares me a little. The one thing I that love is our fronts 6 can go get it and you can own the line of scrimmage, it will keep you in a lot of games. They'll be going through wars come district time, we'll be having lil skirmishes. Having fresh legs and not being beat up has it's pluses too. It will be interestingto see how it plays out. I like our chances to make a push, but it most definitely will be a tough road.

That front 6 is nasty.

2 hours ago, BoGip7387 said:

Whats up Bo!! everyone saying it's porter that will "test" us...we seen and done that already...being a top seed will cruise us to rd three where things start getting tough. being healthy is the key.