Fulshear 42 Huffman Hargrave 26/FINAL

WOSgrad

Pretty horrible display last night for Huffman.  Really all we had to do is stop their running QB and not turn the ball over and It would of been a easy win.  We have holes in several places on both sides of the ball.  We do have a handful of talented players and most play both ways, but if they need rest or don't make a play then it's a big drop off.  

On 9/8/2018 at 2:21 PM, Huffman Hargrave Falcons72 said:

Can't spot a team 2 TD's and give them HOPE that early in the game. We did come back and take the lead, and Imo had a chance to finish them off but 3 and out killed us at crucial times..

Yikes, not the start to the season that the Falcons had hoped for. How does Huffman respond? Do they improve and fix the problems or throw in the towel and start thinking about basketball.

10 hours ago, LTFALCON said:

We are in trouble. Might not win a game. Great kids. Good talent. Both sides of the ball just stagnant.  Ughh frustrating. Lol

And to what do you attribute these problems?

Is it a coaching thing? Or, does the problem run deeper?

You will win at least one game, Livingston is in your district.

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 7:33 AM, PlayActionPass said:

And to what do you attribute these problems?

Is it a coaching thing? Or, does the problem run deeper?

You will win at least one game, Livingston is in your district.

I think there are really good athletes on both sides of the ball. Been watching Huffman football for 20 years and this is the poorest tackling bunch I have seen.in this time frame. We get no push up front, backers cant tackle and secondary has avoided contact multiple times in first 2 games. Offensive scheme is the same ole same.  Watch these teams that watch film jump throw a safety over top and corner or backer jump the slant. No respect for the run game. I don't know what the deal is here in Huffman but there is some grumbling in the stands! This week could be tough against Worthing. They have 2 backs with 400 combined yards on the ground and my boys have given up 500 yards on the ground in 2 games. All this being said, full of juniors on this team. Most have been on varsity since sophomore year. Was hoping for a better showing this year with a year of varsity under their belt, but looks like we have regressed. Hopefully we grow some throughout the year and 2019 is better. So, to answer your question, a little bit of both.

Looking at the district I still think Huffman can get 3rd.  If they fix some things, they could still have a shot to win it.  Opening with Lumberton will be huge for them.  They pull off a win they could ride the wave to a district title. They lose I could see them losing to Splendora also, and having a tough one with LCM.